• Replies 12
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mark Holmes

Any info please...

I'm off to Orlando next week for a trade show and just wondered if anyone could recommend any record shops worth a visit, while my buddies are having "fun" at Disneyland!

I hear there's not much there!

Cheers

Dave

Go have fun at Disney.....

This well is dry..

And Orlando really isn't America......

The weather is nice right now.....have fun

Are you attending the NAFEM show?

Social source share

I think everyone's being a bit pessimistic. Admittedly I haven't been to Florida for the last 10 years but I went several times between 1980-2000 and never failed to find decent stuff. Who knows what might be dumped in a flea market on the week you go? Everyone told me that I wouldn't find anything there in 2001 and I found one of the best collections I've ever seen all as a result of buying a few things from a junk box in a flea market and then being invited around to the house where the other 25K records were!

It's probably pointless going to the obvious stores but if you're prepared to dig around a bit and go off the beaten track a couple of times then who knows? Be bold!

Ian D :(

Social source share

Go to Bananas in Tampa, about an hour away. Well hit but loads of 45s to go at, you never know!

And last time I was there I got a Kadoo Strings "Nothing But Love" on Impact , a J.B. Bingham on U.A. and handful of Lew Kirton "Heaven In The Afternoon" white promos. A couple of hours in the back. Hey presto. What's not to like?

Social source share

Thanks to all you guys who've responded with the suggestions - all I need to do now is find some spare time !

Cheers

Dave

And last time I was there I got a Kadoo Strings "Nothing But Love" on Impact , a J.B. Bingham on U.A. and handful of Lew Kirton "Heaven In The Afternoon" white promos. A couple of hours in the back. Hey presto. What's not to like?

Social source share

go to Bananas in Tampa if you want to spend all day searching through his records for anything good and then wait for the guy to look every record up on popsike for a price

There's a lot to be said for pre Popsike/e-bay/Manship guide days for sure. thumbsup.gif

My last trip to the U.S. three years ago covered New York, Pitsburgh, New Jersey and all the way up to Buffalo and back and the general rule seemed to a 'no prices, pick anything you want, bring it to the counter 2 hours before closing, come back at closing and we'll tell you the price' kinda thang. Took all the fun out of it and gave me the impression that I was working for them, simply pulling out all the goodies.

This is where we could really do with time-travel innit? :lol:

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

go to Bananas in Tampa if you want to spend all day searching through his records for anything good and then wait for the guy to look every record up on popsike for a price

Thats true Val but I came away with 5 copies of Chi-lites "Try my side of love" at $10 each and a few deep goodies that wern't listed at $5-$8 each which I was very pleased with for a couple of hours browsing.

He does seem to think that JM is the only dealer in the UK though.

BH

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert