Guest Phil Armstrong

DERBY ASSEMBLY ROOMS - 2 Room Allnighter - Confirmed DJ's - 12th Feb 2011

THE GREAT HALL - 100% Classic Oldies Floorfillers

Dave Evison .....John Manship.....Yocky.....Mitch.....Ian Gee.....Roger Banks

Mark Freeman.....Rob Smith.....Graham Weaver.....Nige Grice.....Pete Eccles

THE DARWIN SUITE - Soul Expression Room

Soul Sam.....Andy Jackson.....Roger Banks.....Sam Evans

Arthur Fenn.....Jumping Joan.....Dave Thorley

Tickets £12 in advance (£15 on the door)

Advance tickets. 01332 255 800

TICKETS ON SALE NOW.

Record dealers welcome. (Please confirm with us)

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Looks like the place to be this one. What a mix of DJ's and styles of soul in the soul expression room. It will be a pleasure to be at this one.

I must make sure Sam Evans doesn't play certain trax so I will be employing a tactic of mind control between now and then and if all else fails I'll go on before her.

Red bull and pro plus at the ready!

Edited by Andy Jackson

DERBY ASSEMBLY ROOMS - 2 Room Allnighter - Confirmed DJ's - 12th Feb 2011

THE GREAT HALL - 100% Classic Oldies Floorfillers

Dave Evison .....John Manship.....Yocky.....Mitch.....Ian Gee.....Roger Banks

Mark Freeman.....Rob Smith.....Graham Weaver.....Nige Grice.....Pete Eccles

THE DARWIN SUITE - Soul Expression Room

Soul Sam.....Andy Jackson.....Roger Banks.....Sam Evans

Arthur Fenn.....Jumping Joan.....Dave Thorley

Tickets £12 in advance (£15 on the door)

Advance tickets. 01332 255 800

TICKETS ON SALE NOW.

Record dealers welcome. (Please confirm with us)

This is shaping up to be a Crack'in Allnighter with loads of positive feedback :D Been along time since the last one at Derby in the Assembly Rooms. Really looking forward to spinning a few tunes along side some of the best DJ's in the Country :hatsoff2: Two rooms of Northern Soul at its BEST. :)

KTF Mitch & Mel.

www.blackheartsoul.co.uk

Hello Mark

I agree, what a great night in store at Derby. Oldies all the way and if theres any time left, lets have a few more. Really looking forward to this in the company of some great Dj's.

See you all soon, plus I have tickets for sale for this event.

KTF

Ian G

what about the big room too,,wow cant wait to get there ..even as a punter would be first in the quere,,but to be djing as well in this fab venue.,...just cant wait,,,,,,bring it on!:D

dont forget to collect me on the way will ya LOL :lol::yes:

the assembly rooms is an awsome venue ! ... I remember going to the first niter there back in the day and walking in ... there had been quite a buzz cos they had "come dancing" there on the telly :rolleyes: .... looking round thinking "bloody hell this is a bit plush for us lot " ... it was fanatstic then and is today :thumbsup: .. it is a real pity it clashes so much, but that said with such a line up and not very many a year the choice is an easy one... :D calling in at "north wings" Anniversary on the way ... what a night !

pete n' susan ktf

ps and with a super warm up the night before at Blackhearts Nottingham too :ohmy:

post-7477-0-37275500-1295165543_thumb.jp

Edited by casper

Event Title: Derby, Assembly Rooms Allnighter

Event Author: Ph1lly

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 12 February 2011

-------------------------------------------------

Derby Assembly Rooms 2 Room Allnighter DJ line up to follow shortly

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

hi guy,s i have posted the event details on Derby soul and motown,s facebook site.

looking forward to this event.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soulfullbabe

Hi Phil. Great to see the Assembly rooms back on the niter scene, had many a happy times there back in the 70s! it was one of my favs. As you know there are going to be a few of us celebrating our birthdays that night so really looking forward to seeing everyone and dancing the night away. Looks like its going to be a great night. All the best with this Phil and hope that there will be more niters at the Assembly rooms in the future just what the East Midlands needs. KTF Diane and Ian

DONT TELL ANYONE BUT IAN WILL BE 40 ON 10TH FEB.

Guest Phil Armstrong

A number of people have asked what form of punishment will be metered out to any DJ's that don't stick to their specific set at The Derby Assembly Rooms Allnighter, a couple of the suggestions put forward are:-

A Dunk Tank

Employ Soul Police ( own notebook and pens needed )

Personally don't think any punishment is required but maybe open to your suggestions.

post-19833-0-84444600-1296595698_thumb.j

Guest smudgesmith

A number of people have asked what form of punishment will be metered out to any DJ's that don't stick to their specific set at The Derby Assembly Rooms Allnighter, a couple of the suggestions put forward are:-

A Dunk Tank

Employ Soul Police ( own notebook and pens needed )

Personally don't think any punishment is required but maybe open to your suggestions.

post-19833-0-84444600-1296595698_thumb.j

Phil ,Just keep your eye on that Pete "Albert Tatlock" Eccles:(:lol:

Guest Phil Armstrong

What is a specific set?

Hi Chalky,

Specific may not be the correct word, was meaning for example Roger Banks is down to play a Chicago Soul Set and may be liable to a good dunking or a hearty ticking off from any Soul Police who maybe in earshot if he waivers to play Detroit or Philadelphia sounds.

Cheers Phil

Hi Chalky,

Specific may not be the correct word, was meaning for example Roger Banks is down to play a Chicago Soul Set and may be liable to a good dunking or a hearty ticking off from any Soul Police who maybe in earshot if he waivers to play Detroit or Philadelphia sounds.

Cheers Phil

Roger lives for a good dunking and a hearty ticking biggrin.gif

Looking forward to it Phil :thumbsup:

Guest Phil Armstrong

Well I for one am looking forward to my Torch set, but while nobody's looking I may slip a Wigan sound in as I dont mind my bum being slapped.(Not too hard mind)

KTF

Ian G

I'd heard that :thumbsup:

Guest soulfullbabe

Hi Phil. Got tickets sorted cant wait now thumbsup.gif. The lady in the box office told me that tickets will be available to buy as the box office will be open till 10pm that evening. So if anyone wants to save £3.00 get there before 10pm and you can buy a pint with your savings beer.gif. Diane and Ian...........................P.S jUST BEEN INFORMED THAT THE BOX OFFICE MAY OF GIVEN ME WRONG INFO AS RE TIMES OF TICKET SALES. Thanks phil and hope this post script helps and that they can give you exact info of times of opening and sales. All the best Diane..

Edited by soulfullbabe
Guest Phil Armstrong

Hi Phil. Got tickets sorted cant wait now thumbsup.gif. The lady in the box office told me that tickets will be available to buy as the box office will be open till 10pm that evening. So if anyone wants to save £3.00 get there before 10pm and you can buy a pint with your savings beer.gif. Diane and Ian...........................P.S jUST BEEN INFORMED THAT THE BOX OFFICE MAY OF GIVEN ME WRONG INFO AS RE TIMES OF TICKET SALES. Thanks phil and hope this post script helps and that they can give you exact info of times of opening and sales. All the best Diane..

Hi Soulfulbabe,

Clarified with the venue, tickets available up to start of the show are at the advance price of £12. After that it would be the door price of £15.

The "physical" box office will be open until 10pm to deal with the bulk of advance tickets and buying tickets and then its handed over to door staff who will have any remaining advance tickets and tickets for sale throughout the night.

Hope that helps J

Cheers, Phil

Guest soulfullbabe

Thanks Phil. Glad that you got it sorted as they didnt mention anything about tickets available after box office hours a bit naughty me thinks. All the best Diane.

Guest Phil Armstrong

Does anyone know how many tickets have sold. ? .

Whats the capacity .? .

Hi Soul tim e,

Sounds like you haven't attended the Assembly Rooms before, in which case you have missed out on many great soul events and All-nighters that have been held here in the past.

Anyway great to hear you will be along on the night this time, the capacity is flexible but be assured it's a big un, but don't worry you won't be alone :D .

Below are a couple of images of the venue to give you an idea of size, you'll have to imagine the seats removed.

post-19833-0-95648100-1297102861_thumb.j

post-19833-0-49303100-1297102859_thumb.j

Cheers Phil

Guest Phil Armstrong

Can anyone tell me how far it is from derby train station please?

Hi,

Its 15 mins walk or on a Saturday night the local bus is every 15 mins and it takes 3 mins.

Hope the below information helps.

The Assembly Rooms is located in the heart of Derby's Cathedral Quarter in the Market Place.. Located on all major bus routes into the city and 15 minutes walk from the Railway station, there are also a number of car parks nearby.

There are frequent buses between Derby city centre and the railway station; buses from the city centre depart from inside the Bus Station on the Morledge from bays 12 / 13 / 14, and buses from the railway station call at the stop outside the "Waterfall" bar (across the road from the station).

The "City-Rail" trail - a signposted walking route between the city centre and the railway station - is shown on the map as a purple dotted line, the Assembly Rooms is directly opposite The Guildhall..

post-19833-0-96598100-1297112950_thumb.g

Cheers Phil

Guest aaz19tdi

Bl***y hell Phil never been before but it looks fantastic what a venue cant wait till satdi comming down with the Barnsley Mafia should be a great night if its half as good as the winding wheel we are in for a gud un see you all satdi yocky and Co

See you nutty boys saturday .:hatsoff2:

Guest smudgesmith

If anyone is wanting tickets for the Allnighter I have a few left. Please PM me on here to arrange.

KTF

Ian G

P.S. I will be at Peterboro Right Track on Friday Night with tickets.

Got any tickets mate?

Guest Phil Armstrong

Phil,

Can't see any bar/licence details :unsure:, not that it's of any particular interest to me mind, friends I'm travelling with have been asking, :)

Hi Pete,

The Bar is open ALLLLLL NIIIIGHT, so you should be, sorry your friends be OK for the odd tipple :) .

Cheers Phil