• Replies 111
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Phil Armstrong

Looking forward to this, especially the Soul Expression Room. Could anyone tell me what time Soul Sam is on please?

Hi,

Certainly can, Soul Sam is doing two spots in the Soul Expression Room:-

Soul Expression Room DJ Times

10.00 - 11.00

Soul Sam

------------------

11.00 - 12.00

Arthur Fenn

---------------------

12.00 - 1.00

Jumpin Joan

---------------------

1.00 -2.00

Andy Jackson

-------------------

2.00 - 3.00

Roger Banks

----------------------

3.00 - 4.00

Soul Sam

---------------------

4.00 - 5.00

Sam Evans

--------------------

5.00 - 6.00

Dave Thorley

Cheers Phil

Guest charnley

Hi Ph1lly, Always enjoyed any derby nigthers / alldayers been to afew over the years, tiffanys, kingshall, assembly rooms, of course cleos get place to warm up for any local nigther within 100 miles like wigan , etc, just need a little help from getting a bus from the train station to the assembly rooms can you tell me the numbers to catch , Many thanks Andy. c

Guest Phil Armstrong

:hatsoff2: If i remember they had a ban on chewing gum but not talc

Hi Charnley,

Its good to see some things don't change over the years.

Talc = Yes

Chewing Gum on the floor = No No No

Cheers Phil

Guest Phil Armstrong

Hi Ph1lly, Always enjoyed any derby nigthers / alldayers been to afew over the years, tiffanys, kingshall, assembly rooms, of course cleos get place to warm up for any local nigther within 100 miles like wigan , etc, just need a little help from getting a bus from the train station to the assembly rooms can you tell me the numbers to catch , Many thanks Andy. c

Hi Charnley,

I agree there were some Great Nighters/Alldayers in Derby and it's good to see you list the Kings Hall which never seems to get a mention when people are remembering past great nighters.

I got the bug for wanting to promote after arriving at Derby Train Station after a nighter if I remember correctly at Belle Vue and bumping into Terry Samson who bought us a cup of tea in the caf opposite the train station, he then offered to take us along to Tiffanies where he was setting up for that nights Sunday into Bank Holiday Monday Allnighter and took us on a tour round all the areas you would never be allowed as a punter, lighting Booth, Sound Desk etc.

Only realised last week after someone posted the below flyer on SS that uncannily this Saturdays Derby Assembly Rooms All nighter is exactly 30 years since one of my past allnighter promotions ( see below flyer )

post-19833-0-07775900-1297350384_thumb.j

Cheers Phil

Guest Phil Armstrong

looking forward to this whats parking like is there any near event ??

Hi,

Directions : Just head for city centre then you will see signs for Assembly Rooms / Market place. The post code is : DE1 3AF

The Assembly Rooms does have its own multi story car park, adjacent to venue.

Cheers Phil

Guest Phil Armstrong

Hi Charnley,

On a Saturday night the local bus is every 15 mins and it takes 3 mins.

Buses from the railway station call at the stop outside the "Waterfall" bar across the road from the station

Buses from the city centre depart from inside the Bus Station on the Morledge from bays 12 / 13 / 14 back to the railway station.

The bus numbers and bus companies vary depending on what time you are at the bus stop but basically I've believe most buses that call at the station will take you into town, although this will not be their final destinations so it won't necessary say so on the front of the bus.

The bus will drop you in town at the main bus station 'Morledge' which is 5 mins from Assembly Rooms or the market place which is next to the Assembly Rooms.

Cheers Phil

It would be pretty churlish not to go to this one. Got a few days leave and haven't been anywhere recently due to work.

Should be a good day all-round - a few drinks with some scabs over in Dogsville early afternoon; back to Derby for the match, drown my sorrows post match in the Nep/Jorrocks; and then cheer myself up with a quick visit to McTurks and then a bit of soul later on. :lol: Tks to the promoters for finishing my Sat off in style.:ohmy:

Guest Phil Armstrong

Hi Phil

Anychance of posting dj times for main room.:):thumbsup:

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

The Great Hall DJ Times

9 - 9.45

Graham Weaver

----------------------

9.45 - 10.30

John Manship

----------------------

10.30 - 11.30

Mitch

--------------------

11.30 - 12.30

Yocky

-------------------

12.30 - 1.30

Ian Gee

--------------------

1.30 -2.30

Nige Grice

--------------------

2.30 - 3.30

Dave Evison

--------------------

3.30 - 4.30

Pete Eccles

--------------------

4.30 - 5.30

Roger Banks

--------------------

5.30 - 6.15

Mark Freeman

---------------------

6.15 - 7.00

Rob Smith

Cheers Phil

Guest Phil Armstrong

There is no better way to end a nighter than with Rob :thumbsup:

Hi Joan,

I agree with you but prefer the wording:-

There is no better way to round off a nighter than with the illustrious talents of Rob Smith.

Cheers Phil

Guest soulfullbabe

Hi Andy. You can get the Red Arrrow bus from Victoria bus station direct to Derby. When you get there turn right out of bus station and its only a couple of mins walk to the venue. Trouble is return to notts aint till bout 9.30am so check train times you may get one earlier. Can remember Kings Hall always reminds me of Big Jane from Loughborough lovely gal. Be great to see you and Kev been a long time mate. Forgot bus fare one way is £4.00. See you later Diane.

If this event were up against anything but Rugby, I definitely would have nipped over to have a shimmy to Pete Eccles' extended 'Snake' :P

:hatsoff2: Happen as well ya can't make it then, strictly Va Va's from Mr Eccles, then again with an all night bar ya never know what might happen :yes:

Oh, I get it now. You're talking about records! :ohmy:

WELL IT LOOKS AS IF ITS ALL SHAPEING UP NICELY,ANOTHER EARLY START FOR US ,WE DONT WANT TO MISS ANYTHING,AND HIT THE DANCE FLOOR EARLY WITH GRAHAM BEING FIRST ON IN THE MAIN ROOM ,SEE YOU ALL THERE,KTF CARL...............:hatsoff2:

HI CARL SEE YOU ON THE DANCE FLOOR AND HOPE TO SEE YOUIN THE DARWIN SUITE TO SAM

Edited by XSS

What an amazing night. Deffiantly one of the best all-nighters I been too so far, The venue just makes the place for me.

Spent most of the time in the smaller room. Have to say I think she is called "sorry If i got it wrong" the lady DJ who dj'ed a Burnly played the best records again IMO

WHAT A FANTASTIC NIGHT, GOLDEN OLDIES ALL NIGHT( EAT YOUR HEART OUT) , SHAME THE BAR LET IT DOWN, SHOCKING ONLY HAVING THE 1 !!! WITH THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THERE :thumbsup: , HOPE ITS SORTED FOR THE NEXT 1 ?, BUT A EXCELLENT NIGHT , BUSY DANCE FLOOR , GOOD ATMOSPHERE :hatsoff2: BRILL MUSIC AS I LOVE OLDIES :thumbsup:

nice to hear our joan knocked em dead AS ALWAYS well done girl

She sure did. Nice to hear her spin one of my all time faves "Hermon Hitson-Yes You Did-Minit" Thrilled.

Great to see Joan, Tony and other long time friends we'd not seen in long time. Catching up with 'em was great. That's worth the admission price alone.

Good niter, good venue, good sounds spun by good spinners, good atmos. In a word..good.

One qualm though: Only one bar open, resulting in massive queues for refreshments. And not exactly cheap. Other than that, good.

Edited by Stuart Bower
Guest aaz19tdi

Think ive just about got back in the land of the living after a full night out friday at Mark freemans wigan night at the co-op, a full days work saturday with the business :thumbsup: then set off for Derby arrived at 930pm had all good intentions of giving the small room some support , but after getting into the big room and seeing so many friends and great sounds pumping i never left till 6am and only left then as i coulndt walk let alone dance anymore.

Got to say a big thanks to Phil for this one really enjoyed it all, have supported his other venues and thought yeah great nights but this was special, we get about a bit and ive never seen so many people left at a nighter in the wee small hours always a good sign of a great night. only down side for many was the bar prices and the queue but as i dont drink no sweat for me. think you have the makings of a future classic here Phil, we will be back in september for the next installment looks to be another great line up.

all the best Lee & Kathryn.thumbup.gif

Morning All

Well, what a fantastic night at "Assembly Rooms". Up to us leaving all the Dj's played storming sets and the floor was full all night.

I dont know the exact figures but I would guess around 700 turned up and definitely were'nt disappointed. I must say a big thank you to Phil for putting Derby nighters back on the map and allowing me to be a part of it.

Roll on the next one, Coops get your camera ready.

KTF

Ian G

Great venue and a really good night with some top DJ's playing well known tunes. Only downside was the queue for a drink, we waited patiently for 45 mins for a drink!!

Well what a venue massive dance floor superb sound system atmosphere just brilliant.Arrived in time to hear mr manships spot and then up came mitch who blasted the dance floor with Quality Mecca sounds i thought Bloody Hell how do i follow that a small town boy playing classic barnsley tunes mixed with current floor fillers just do yer best son i thought i enjoyed every single minute of it and was a bit dissapointed to see my very good friend Ian Gee opening his box ready to come on i could have stood there all night just to finish many thanks to Phil and Sue for having faith in me to come and play for you and i hope i can come back again and to all the people who came up and said they had enjoyed my spot it meens the world to me anyway all the best and keep souling Yocky the Yockmiester Yoxall :thumbsup:

:lol: aup phill , thanks for letting me dj for at derby allniter lots of memories for me first time round and instead of dancin i was djing it was awsome , a stonkin nite of northern soul oldies ktf rictic :D
Guest Phil Armstrong

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for everyone that attended and made it such a Great night.

Apologies about the waiting time at the bars which was unacceptable but out of my control, I'm waiting for the venue management to get back to me with assurances that this will be sorted for the next nighter.

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil and Sue

TOP VENUE AND DANCE FLOOR WELL DONE TO THE ASSEMBLY ROOMS, DERBY, FOR A GREAT ALLNIGHTER

thumbup.gif to all the dj's that played great spot's all night long, as i like to do my dancing in both room, so it was a top night for me and being asked to dj was a great privilege to be on such a great line up of dj's, thanks Phil . Looking forward to 17th september to be djing in the main room :thumbup: and to here music through the venue, just topped it off , I was even dancing in the toilets :wave:

SOULFUN AND LOVE Sam Evans

What a packer! Couldn't believe it when we walked in at 10pm to see that massive room packed out.

What a huge venue - the second room was bigger than most main rooms and the dance floor in both was just superb.

The bar was a bit of a pain but that wasn't Phil's fault. It seemed to be ok later on though. One thing that might be an idea for any future events - have some kind of sign letting people know where the second room is as it is a fair way from the main hall.

Apologies to Dave Thorley for not staying for his spot but we were on our way home when I popped in to find our friends to say goodbye. We had intended leaving earlier than we did but it was good!

What an achievement to have that many people in a venue these days. Well done to all concerned hatsoff2.gif

Top, top night. You could argue that some of the oldies jocks oughta dig a little deeper, but I knew what I was letting myself in for - and I really had a great night. Manny's Cleethorpes spot bought some great memories back and Syl Johnson booming out of them big speakers was effin' awesome.

Spent a lot of time in the little big room - though Joan was the dogs (Crying Heart :D ) and Rogers spot in there was a gem.

Oh, and no All-Nighter can boast a kebaberie as good as McTurks within pissing distance - what more can a chap want. Ta.smile.gif