Billy Whiz

Guest cocopachino

Is it true you were a trainee timmy mallet at the time of this photo ? As for them there glasses im sure ive seen you put them on driving back from a niter recently yes.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I have been asked to put some names to faces, it was 75-76 outside C.A's from right to left; Roger from Lowerstoft with his girlfriend Linda Griddlestone, the girl in white blouse i dont know, blond haired girl behind her was my girlfriend Mandy Cousins, the short red head girl is Francis and she is holding Jenette Laws who married to Kev Laws northern DJ from Norwich. Billy :thumbsup:

Social source share

Francis Paurette l do believe who was from Norwich.... Remember her from St.lves....What an angel....and dancer.....and always as straight as a die :D

well done webby you've got the surname right i believe shes in Australia, i have not seen her in 30 years very true what you say about her.

Cheers Billy :lol:

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Billy is a “Grade 1 Listed Soulie” Proud to call him my friend

Hi Simon. Thanks for those lovely words, haven't seen you in a while, i just can't get a full car nowadays to my favourite allnighters. I hope you're keeping well, and you're busy. Bought a sound the other week called 'Dancing in the Rain' that reminds me of you, when they played it at Middleton's you blew everyone away on the dancefloor, anyway that's going a few years back now. Hope to see you out soon Simon, top man.

Cheers Billy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'll be at Radcliffe this Saturday (My Fiftieth!) and Stoke the week after, Radcliffe again Boxing Night and definitely a Nighter New Years Eve, not sure where yet? Most likely Stoke but there are whispers of a secret location????? Be great to see you soon my old friend!!!!

Social source share

I'll be at Radcliffe this Saturday (My Fiftieth!) and Stoke the week after, Radcliffe again Boxing Night and definitely a Nighter New Years Eve, not sure where yet? Most likely Stoke but there are whispers of a secret location????? Be great to see you soon my old friend!!!!

have good one saturday night simon' radcliffe boxing night good to see you my young friend ,billy
Social source share

Guest Frannorwich

Hi fran photos are about 38 year old, are you back in Norwich? If so try and get to back street, a lot of familiar faces. Cheers Billy.

Social source share

Guest Frannorwich

Hi Billy

I live in Dartmouth Devon now but would love to make contact with some of the "old gang".

I was so sad to hear about Janette - I wish I could have had a chance to reminisce with her about what was some of the happiest times of my life. I can still spin you know but I am more of a shuffler than a stomper these days!

Email me with more news

Fxx

Edited by Frannorwich
Social source share

Did i tell you my Brooklyn story? At the Bell House weekender a couple of years back.A bloke and woman came over to Paul and myself," You two English?" .."Yes"....."Do you know Billy Whiz?".......they were two ex Norwich soul lovers.....

wonder who where they kev, talking about stories kev i noticed at the last 100 club in the gents toliets billy whizz is a "w" signed AC lol. cheers billy
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi billy we met at the 100 club on the 16/2/13, i was with the other half. is there any decent clubs in norwich, that you could recondmend.

Next Backstreet gig is on the March 29th , Keir hardy hall, guest Carl Fortnum.

Billy still wears that shirt !!! lol. Billy are you Djing again ?

cheers Frank

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!