Middleton Civic Venue Moved This Sat

• Replies 106
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was at steam last Sat,remember to take large amounts of cash to give to charisma by- passed bar staff and wellies when visiting the bogs,on a plus,music fcuk'n awesome.

i was also at steam last sat and totally agree fcukin awesome!!!!!!

Paul, have you considered contacting that tv crew that produced those Michael Palin travel documentaries?

They could do a six part tv show based on you and big Colin attempting to get from Manchester to Crewe. :thumbsup:

Be good to see you mate. :lol:

Shane

A six parter would never be enough, it would have to be along the lines of 24 or lost.

We'd arranged for all my mates to meet us in middleton but they wont be able to get to crewe, thats why its a nightmare.

You'll be pleased to know that big colin is coming on sat so ill introduce you. He may be a little miffed but it will be funny.

Really really looking forward to this one.

J UST HAD CONFIRMATION THAT EVEN THOUGH HE HAS SEVERE DIOREHA CARL FORTNUM WILL BE DJING AT CREWE TOMMORROW,JUST AS WELL WE ARE NOT AT MIDDLETON WITH THE TOILETS BEING BROKE AND ALL THAT wink.gif .

Cheers Andy, thats really made me look forward to it :lol:shhh.gifwicked.gif

Last one out,first one home :huh:

Got home after good night,but why do people nick me records i`m totaly fukced of now,the item in quiestion sensertive minds,promo!!,i payed over the odds fer this,£50 a month ago,if any body knows anything please let me know!!,dont know whether any others are missing?,not bothered,doubt whether left it anywere!!,cause was not fer sale and at the back of me box,just put it this way allnighters if not returned are off the menu,save 100club,and snug!!,30yrs allnighters and this,had enough.....pity cause i enjoyed meself loads,no respect+no ken....hope somebody returns it?dont think so though,sorry Andy fer postin` this,but had to.....Ken

PS hope promo rare it will be easier to track down,any infomation i`ll keep your name to myself,but whoever it iswill get well sounded out....deffo!!,looks like time to move on?bored wi` being ripped off!!!.....

Got home after good night,but why do people nick me records i`m totaly fukced of now,the item in quiestion sensertive minds,promo!!,i payed over the odds fer this,£50 a month ago,if any body knows anything please let me know!!,dont know whether any others are missing?,not bothered,doubt whether left it anywere!!,cause was not fer sale and at the back of me box,just put it this way allnighters if not returned are off the menu,save 100club,and snug!!,30yrs allnighters and this,had enough.....pity cause i enjoyed meself loads,no respect+no ken....hope somebody returns it?dont think so though,sorry Andy fer postin` this,but had to.....Ken

PS hope promo rare it will be easier to track down,any infomation i`ll keep your name to myself,but whoever it iswill get well sounded out....deffo!!,looks like time to move on?bored wi` being ripped off!!!.....

This sort of thing really hacks me off :huh::huh: . There was a time on this scene when you could leave your bag while you went to dance or your record box and you knew it would be OK. As Ken said "NO RESPECT".

I hope whoever took this gets rumbled and is humiliated so much that they dare not show their face in public again. I hope it wasn't anyone from SS but if it was and you read this, just think you will never be able to play this in front of your mates or tell anyone you even own it or even try and sell it so it's not much use to you, is it!!!

It's bad enough when this happens to anyone but Ken is a good mate and I would hate for him to give up going to allnighters etc, (who else would put up with my constant ramblings) so please if anyone does know who has this, grass them up, it could be your record box they rifle next time :ohmy:

A very angry

QoF xx

Got back from Crewe absolutly knackered, sorry to hear about your record Kenny, On a lighter note had a great time danced all night, met up with Karen C and friends it was good to meet you Karen. Saw loads of familiar faces. Going to bed now :huh:

Well the news that Ken had a record stolen has taken the shine off what was for me, one of the best niters I've been to in a long time.

Musically it was top notch all night, big mention for Carl Fortnum who played Jimmy Andrews - Big City Playboy, and Robbo, who wins 'the DJ who enjoyed doing their spot most award' again. He sings, dances, waves at dancers, shouts, waves his arms about, disappears from view sometimes, and still manages to get records cued in. Great stuff.

Considering this could have been a disaster of the first order with only five days notice to move the niter from Middleton I think Andy McCabe, Johnny Beggs, and Steam all deserve a round of applause.

Does anyone know if people turned up at Middleton though ? Looking forward to the next one anyway.

What a bummer to a really good nite. Kit says all eyes will be peeled. :huh:

Well the news that Ken had a record stolen has taken the shine off what was for me, one of the best niters I've been to in a long time.

Musically it was top notch all night, big mention for Carl Fortnum who played Jimmy Andrews - Big City Playboy, and Robbo, who wins 'the DJ who enjoyed doing their spot most award' again. He sings, dances, waves at dancers, shouts, waves his arms about, disappears from view sometimes, and still manages to get records cued in. Great stuff.

Considering this could have been a disaster of the first order with only five days notice to move the niter from Middleton I think Andy McCabe, Johnny Beggs, and Steam all deserve a round of applause.

Does anyone know if people turned up at Middleton though ? Looking forward to the next one anyway.

Seconded sir!

Apart from Kenny's loss, this was a top night. Spot on about Robbo.... don't understand why he and Simon Hunt don't top the bill elsewhere :huh:

Gotta mention Joe Dutton's room.... awesome!! :huh::lol: Two nighters in one, must have covered a few miles on the stairs.

Credit to Andy & Joe for seeing this went ahead..., couldn't have been easy, but it was certainly appreciated :lol:

Lots of SS'ers there, so won't try to list them..... but hope Mark E enjoyed his birthday :ohmy:

Id just like to echoe what Dave Rimmer said, apart from Kens record being stolen :huh:

The All Niter @ Crewe was DEFFO the best Niter i have attended THIS YEAR :huh::lol::ohmy:

Congrats to you ANDY McABE and your team for putting on a SUPERB all niter in VERY difficult circumstances!

The atmosphere in the main Northern room was really great and the music played totally wonderful. EVERY DJ from 9pm thru 7-15am was the dogs bollox!

My own two personal favourites sets came from John Weston & Carl Fortnum, AWESOM!E

Thanks so much for a BRILL NITER,BRILL MUSIC , TOP PEOPLE!!! :lol::shhh::lol:

Nige Brown Stafford

Id just like to echoe what Dave Rimmer said, apart from Kens record being stolen :huh:

The All Niter @ Crewe was DEFFO the best Niter i have attended THIS YEAR :huh::lol::ohmy:

Congrats to you ANDY McABE and your team for putting on a SUPERB all niter in VERY difficult circumstances!

The atmosphere in the main Northern room was really great and the music played totally wonderful. EVERY DJ from 9pm thru 7-15am was the dogs bollox!

My own two personal favourites sets came from John Weston & Carl Fortnum, AWESOM!E

Thanks so much for a BRILL NITER,BRILL MUSIC , TOP PEOPLE!!! :lol::yes::lol:

Nige Brown Stafford

You can't say "bollox" on here Nige... get a grip! :shhh:

Credit where its due, this was a brilliant night. It was so good to see the London contingent up north and I would imagine their journeys were a bit of a pain with the change of location.

The bar staff need a kick up the backside it has to be said, refusing to serve pints of water only bottles and some silly jobsworth who couldn't manage to stick a teaspoon of nescafe in a cup :huh:

Kenny bad news about your record, leaves a bad taste in the mouth but most people on the scene are good people.

Peter and Rick, nice to meet you both :ohmy:

I have put some photos of the night up here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...album&album=268

Just echoing words all ready said top night, really enjoyed Naim's (think thats how you spell it) spot downstairs, also Jhon Weston played a impressive spot upstairs, overall a top night plenty of antics going on through the night :huh:

Ken bad news about your record, i hope you dont think i had anything to do with this.....i say this because Ken gave me a small pile of records to put in the back of his box!!, like every thing a bad stain will always come out in the wash :ohmy:

Excellent photo's from Binty :huh:

I gazed longingly at the Crewe turn off on our homeward bound journey on the M6 from the 3 Greyhounds - if we hadn't have had to get home for the dog we'd have loved to have called in for a few hour.

Glad it turned out such a success Andy - the spirit of the soul scene at it's best and triumph out of adversity :ohmy:

Many thanks to you all who changed travel plans at the last minute to make this nite superb,all the dj,s were outstanding,carl fortnum just as good as it gets.Kenny i can only apologise for the theft and can assure you we are going to do everything we can to track the culprit down,i do hope when you calm down you will come back and see us again in the future.Karen there was one clown behind the bar who was,nt to helpful to say the least and apologies for that,same guy tried to tell me we were finishing at 6am no fookin chance.A big thanks to Joe Dutton and his backbeat crew and Carl and Maria Willingham for running 2 superb rooms, and big thanks to the steam management for saveing the day.We are back at middleton civic for 6 niters in 2006 starting jan 7th see you all then.

Excellent photo's from Binty :huh:

I gazed longingly at the Crewe turn off on our homeward bound journey on the M6 from the 3 Greyhounds - if we hadn't have had to get home for the dog we'd have loved to have called in for a few hour.

Glad it turned out such a success Andy - the spirit of the soul scene at it's best and triumph out of adversity :ohmy:

I know the feeling Alison, I was in Nantwich the night before and couldn't stay over for either the Greyhounds or crewe, driving past the Crewe turning on Saturday lunch time my pleas of "are you sure we can't stay another night" went unheard.

Glad everything went well for you Andy and nice to see everyone pull together to make it a top night :huh:

QoF xx

Hi Dave there was 1 or 2 did turn up at Middleton,I had Mix feelings about Crewe before I went you got to try things out youself totally enjoyed myself very soulful crowd that's what the scenes all about to many to mention who I spoke to lastnight,may your soul go with you.

Billy

Glad it turned out well in the end Andy :yes: Pity the change of venue moved it that much further from Piercebridge :D

Kenny don't let scum like the one who nicked your record drive you away mate!

Thanks for your kind words,not losin` no sleep maybe it just droped or something,or left it on a table?,it was a fantastic night save me record!!,anyway looks like a major come-down on the horizon,hope yer` all this nice tomorow......................... not_i.gif

Thanks for your kind words,not losin` no sleep maybe it just droped or something,or left it on a table?,it was a fantastic night save me record!!,anyway looks like a major come-down on the horizon,hope yer` all this nice tomorow......................... not_i.gif

Sorry to hear about your records you had a handful of records walking out of the door in the morning next time your always welcome to stick them in my bag I dare anyone to put there hand in it.

Billy

wot a brill nite must say its pos the best niter ive been to this year :yes:

looking forward to jan now :D

if you missed this one dont miss the next cus soultown niters are going from good to brill to the best in the country keep up the good work andy :D

heavenly blocked (aka nige shaw )

Seems like I missed a top night :yes:

Fatherly duties meant no playing out this weekend.

Looking at the photo's it seems Mr McCabe kept the young fella Higgins in check :D

Would like to see some playlists if possible?

Come on McCabe, use your gentle persuasion techniques as prcaticed on Shano. :D

Jamie :D

Guest andrew bin

agree with every one 100% top night one of the best nighters i've been to, the atmosphere was electric(whats the story with the step down into the toilet, the first time in went in i nearly broke my neck :yes: and that was before i even had a drink)

:D:D:D:D

................Andrew

Ken,

Spooky we were talking about mad mark and you get one nicked! apart fom that thanks for the manual lasky :yes: ANDY special message for you m8......more soul to yr arm you and the crew turned possible disaster into a fooking magic night!!!! Ive only been to Steam twice and its been in the last 2 weeks and its everything a venue should be right down to the dripping roof upstairs!

I loved the R&B room and ive found a bit of a new liking with this popcorn stuff, first time ive had a good listen to it and apart from one sound which was more akin to Lonnie Donnigan i though mmmm i like this.

So as a promoter Andy Brilliant, as a venue Brilliant, to the crowd Brilliant and finally FORTNUM your still the dogs bollox m8 Brilliant!!!

'Twas indeed a great night......and good to see the venue busy.

Spent first 3 hours upstairs and last 4 hours in R&B room (left at 4 a.m. - paper round duties an all that! :D )

Good sets from everyone I heard playing (even Nige Shaw played some R&B.. :D:D )

Thanks to Karen for chewing me ear off for an hour :D:yes:

Me mates thought I'd pulled :D (yes, what few mates I have!)

Only took me 12 minutes to get home... :D

Result :D

Edited by Mace

'Twas indeed a great night......and good to see the venue busy.

Spent first 3 hours upstairs and last 4 hours in R&B room (left at 4 a.m. - paper round duties an all that! :D )

Good sets from everyone I heard playing (even Nige Shaw played some R&B.. :D:D )

Thanks to Karen for chewing me ear off for an hour :D:yes:

Me mates thought I'd pulled :D (yes, what few mates I have!)

Only took me 12 minutes to get home... :D

You did a great service to the soul community Mace, if it wasn't your ear it would have been some other poor bugger :D

12 minutes eh, I must have been good PMSL

Result :D

Many thanks to you all who changed travel plans at the last minute to make this nite superb,all the dj,s were outstanding,carl fortnum just as good as it gets.Kenny i can only apologise for the theft and can assure you we are going to do everything we can to track the culprit down,i do hope when you calm down you will come back and see us again in the future.Karen there was one clown behind the bar who was,nt to helpful to say the least and apologies for that,same guy tried to tell me we were finishing at 6am no fookin chance.A big thanks to Joe Dutton and his backbeat crew and Carl and Maria Willingham for running 2 superb rooms, and big thanks to the steam management for saveing the day.We are back at middleton civic for 6 niters in 2006 starting jan 7th see you all then.

Andy

Just to say thanks for the couple of hours i managed to squeeze in, wish i could have got there earlier but i couldnt miss Chuck Jackson etc.

Best Regards

Steve