Just Soul - March 5Th 2011 (Saturday)

Just Soul

Just a gentle heads up for our next event, a month tomorrow!

Saturday 5th March 2011

8:00pm - 2:00am

Admission £5.00

An evening of only Top Quality Soul Music in the company of:-

SEAN HAMPSEY - ANDY 'TATS' TAYLOR - KEVIN BRISCOE + BULLY

Delivering the UK's most truly Soulful playlist!

The Venue

Ye Olde Bell Hotel

Barnby Moor

Retford

Nottinghamshire

DN22 8QS

This superb venue is conveniently located on the border of Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Yorkshire close to the A1, M1, M18 & M62 with Doncaster, Lincoln, Nottingham, Leeds, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Sheffield and Nottingham all within an hours drive.

www.yeoldebell-hotel.co.uk

We have a Special room rate for 2011 of £75 (inc breakfast) for those wanting to stay over (normal rate £120).

Be sure to mention 'Just Soul' to get the special rate.

So get ready for another evening of real Soul Music.

Not just Northern, Not just Modern, Not just Crossover... Just Soul!

If you want to know what all the fuss is about, visit www.JustSoul.co.uk and check out the feedback on Just Soul Feedback

Yet again, its gonna be special.

:hatsoff2:

We look forward to seeing you on the night!

Please Note: Lock out will be at 10:30pm so please do try and arrive early.

The Just Soul movement continues.

Sean

PS: Don't forget.....

Just Soul comes to the airwaves 'Soul People' show again, this coming weekend...

Sunday 6th February (10am-Midday) - a two hour 'Just Soul' special with Tats Taylor and Sean Hampsey on Solar Radio.

Solar Radio can be found on www.solarradio.com OR you can get it on Sky Channel 0129 (why not Sky+ it and listen later!) OR you can check the link www.soulmusic.co.uk/Radio.htm later in the week to download the whole show (courtesy of Zane Hunter).

So, if you're already part of the Just Soul fraternity, or just want to know what all the fuss is about, please join myself and Tats on Solar Radio's 'Soul People' (or listen later) next Sunday morning.

We're looking forward to sharing a couple of hours of 'Just Soul' music with you!

:thumbsup:

Sean

• Replies 102
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Excelllant music excellant people excellant venue what more could you want. looking forward to it very much my favourite soul night of the last year. No tired old playlists or willy waving competitions about who has the rarest 45. Cds played , lp tracks, 45s Just Soul music from every decade played by lunatics

Quick note though as far as I am aware the Olde Bell is booked up and has been for weeks.

Not been out since last year - so needless to say - I can't fecking wait!

Reckon I'll be frazzled though as we're having babysitter trouble at the mo, so I need to try and pull someone out the hat that can have them. Suppose I could always bring em along - they can share the bed with Michael and I can stay up drinking in the bar all night :lol: Or I could come alone and leave them indoors with Michael... :lol:

Oh and as a footnote - can someone record the show fro me tomorrow as we're out and will miss it. Ta.

Guest Kev Briscoe

Bloody 'ell is it that time again so soon?!?!

Must get the three piece white suit of to the dry cleaners sharpish!

Good Luck mates with tomorrows show.

I'll be tuning in and doing 'mate watch', the last time I counted you used the word 103 times, mates

Your mate

Kev

Guest topcatnumpty1

Dekka ----don,t know about buying your beer all night ---I might just GIVE more records to you!!! Glad it,s come round again, booked in the day after the last one!! Mr Carr meet you in the other village pub(Black Sheep and Fullers ) What time?

Best

T.C

Guest Dave Turner

Paul

the pub over the road will be worth a try - give 'em a bell. cheaper beer and food than the Olde Bell too!!

Mike

White Horse Inn (barnby Moor) Ltd.

Barnby Moor pubs

Retford pubs

DN228QS (see map)

Telephone:

+44(0)1777 707721

Just got visions of 200 folks continually walking back and forth across the road with pints and emptys in their hands. :yes:

Edited by Dave Turner
Guest topcatnumpty1

Yeh ,the pub across the road( well across ,round the corner and about 300 yds up the road will have football --big screen) unless theres any 6 nations it,s a big rugby union pub!! but i got to see Preston and Hull last time we were down 4 Just Soul.

Beer very good and a lot more reasonably priced than at the Bell

T.C

You know last night I tried to watch the brits with the wife and daughter got half way through the abomination called Take That and had to go and listen to some propa music with real singers no manufactured shite are people that easily pleased ?. Bit o Bobby Bland smattering of Womack and a trickle of Willie Hutch topped of with a Dells for afters.

JUST SOUL please

You know last night I tried to watch the brits with the wife and daughter got half way through the abomination called Take That and had to go and listen to some propa music with real singers no manufactured shite are people that easily pleased ?. Bit o Bobby Bland smattering of Womack and a trickle of Willie Hutch topped of with a Dells for afters.

JUST SOUL please

Not long now matey!

:thumbsup:

Sean

JUST SOUL please

:yes: :yes: I was determined not to watch the shits Brits this year & watch it I did not. Shame you had to suffer at least half of it Adam but like you say thank heavens we have our Soul Music :thumbsup: & we're certainly gonna be getting plenty of it at JUST SOUL thumbsup.gif

See you there

Ali x

P.S. Lola Leather-Sizzle asked me to pass a message on in that she is all better now & has got rid of her chesty cough :lol:

Not long now matey!

:wave:

Sean

Bloody hell Sean do i have to drag myself down to hear this pretencious shite again :D:lol::lol:

Only jestin...got to be the best night of soul (apart from the friendship nights of course) :lol: around

In a few words Great music, great venue, great atmosphere...and the djs arnt bad either

I'll be there...probably wi a car full

Geeooooooooordie

Looking VERY forward to my first visit to Just Soul :thumbsup:

I sampled a dash of it at the Brid Weekender so I know I'm gonna be in for a real treat :thumbsup:

See you all in March :thumbup:

Ali x

Hello Miss Hamilton ,

Looking forward to accompanying you & having some girlie time together ..

It's been too long ..

Kirsty are you baking again ??

See you all there .

Claire xxx

Hello Miss Hamilton ,

Looking forward to accompanying you & having some girlie time together ..

It's been too long ..

Kirsty are you baking again ??

See you all there .

Claire xxx

err no....

but seeing as I like you, if you ask me nicely I'll knock you up a batch of triple chocolate muffins to eat in Alisons car on the way home when you're drunk and starving :thumbsup:

Kirsty Tomo will bring the tupper ware back will you refill it with just plain cup cakes with nothing on them at all !!! .

I dont need all this humminbird Yuppie southern snobbed up versions of cakes they can charge a fortune for!!!!!!

Not long to go now

Looking VERY forward to my first visit to Just Soul :lol:

I sampled a dash of it at the Brid Weekender so I know I'm gonna be in for a real treat :thumbsup:

See you all in March :lol:

Ali x

Well I am sure you will enjoy it Ali musics is always great

Kirsty Tomo will bring the tupper ware back will you refill it with just plain cup cakes with nothing on them at all !!! .

I dont need all this humminbird Yuppie southern snobbed up versions of cakes they can charge a fortune for!!!!!!

Not long to go now

No.

Guest Dave Turner

hey, who's gonna be official photographer seeing as Coops is gonna be playing elsewhere?

No Coops

I'm shocked :yes:

Edited by Dave Turner
Guest steve jay

Were all set for this , rooms booked right after the last one :D :D

Appolgies in advance if we get a little louder and more "lively" than nomal my wife will be celebrating her birthday so things just might get a little messy :yes:

Steve

Guest Dave Turner

I'm pretty sure hes DJing somewhere else that evening...

He must be nuts, totally lost the plot

Needs a good slapping (or spanking) to bring him back to his senses :lol:

Edited by Dave Turner

So no cakes for us then but will bring some shop bought along with sandwiches chocolate and various other essentiall things..................lager

its about time you bought me some cake, crisps, chocolate and JD... it's always me having to be Mum, and its a job I'm not reet good at :lol:

He must be nuts, totally lost the plot

Needs a good slapping (or spanking) to bring him back to his senses biggrin.gif

He,s well gutted Dave, as soon as he was aware of the date he knew it clashed with pilsey, l told him to pull a sickie but he was having none of that :lol: l even offered to write him a note to take to Barry,,,,,,"sorry coops cant dj tonight he,s got bellyache" hey its not life or death but close wink.gif

Guest Dave Turner

He,s well gutted Dave, as soon as he was aware of the date he knew it clashed with pilsey, l told him to pull a sickie but he was having none of that :no:l even offered to write him a note to take to Barry,,,,,,"sorry coops cant dj tonight he,s got bellyache" hey its not life or death but close wink.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif:D

Made my evening mate

:lol:

Real shame we clash on this one guys, but whatever, we know you'll have a great night as always, now you have let the cat of the bag "Coops" cannot send in a sickie note :lol: but as Sean said we'll be with you in spirit.

Great win on Saturday "Tats"

Barry

its about time you bought me some cake, crisps, chocolate and JD... it's always me having to be Mum, and its a job I'm not reet good at :hatsoff2:

EEEEEE our Kirsty its always you offering stuff and my mam said refuse nowt bar blows to the head!!!!. So I suggest you get the kids hands really washed well and get them baking stuff like the beautiful Lorraine Pascal does.

:hatsoff2:

Guest topcatnumpty1

T.C. treating me to a birthday meal prior to the event,

such a kind gesture.

I may have to repay him by buying more of his overpriced records. :hatsoff2:

Don,t remember saying i was paying !!!!! but anyone else wanting to eat b4 and great food at reasonable prices The White Horse start serving at 6 p.m.,will NOT have any overpriced records for sale anyway!!

T.C.

Just a week to wait - I'll be wishing every day away - but not until I've practiced making a recipe I've found for individual baked lemon cheesecakes as I've heard tell that my friend Tats likes cheesecake...

Reckon I could be wearng a smock come Saturday as this baking and tasting business isn't helping my "get slinky for Just Soul" diet :D

should I bring a riding crop?

no Kirsty, bring your riding crop to the NEXT one, then I'll get the benefit of it.

not sure what i'll miss most, the exquisite music, the perfect company, the venue to die for or Kirsty's Rock Cakes!!!!

Have a great one guys (I know you will) and as sean says, we'll be there in spirit xx