Spanky Wilson

Ralph Jackson does a version on Atlantic, i had the chance to buy it, but on listening to it, i was uncertain.

Seems that quite a few people have covered this great record.......to be honest i really like Claptons original cut.

Joe i guess you have Ellas version, is it the one recorded live?

Brett

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 61
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes but you can only tell by the audience at the begining and the end..... sounds like a studio cut otherwise...

I have it somewhere on a tape/CD ?, what a brilliant version........while i'm at it (Jazz/Soul that is)

anyone know Willis Jackson "Nutherin' Like Tutherin' or "The Scorpion" by Lou Donaldson, and finally one of my all time favourite tracks.Sarah Webster Fabio and "Sweet Songs"

Social source share

anyone know Willis Jackson "Nutherin' Like Tutherin' or "The Scorpion" by Lou Donaldson, and finally one of my all time favourite tracks.Sarah Webster Fabio and "Sweet Songs"

I have "Nutherin'" on the Jackson's Prestige LP 'More Gravy'. Haven't come across the 45 (If there is one), and I'm a big Prestige 45 fan. I'm still hoping to find Eddie Jefferson's "Psychedelic Sally" on Prestige......

Social source share

Sarah Webster Fabio and Sweet Songs....

First heard this many moons ago when i was in Jazzmans in Camden Town looking through the boxes, this just blasted out of the speakers and "Jazzman" resplendent in a Sociology teachers corduroy suit matching hat and a foot long goatee beard just hammered the counter mimicking the bongos....Sort of a "Funk Poet" album.

I have "Nutherin'" on the Jackson's Prestige LP 'More Gravy'. Haven't come across the 45 (If there is one), and I'm a big Prestige 45 fan. I'm still hoping to find Eddie Jefferson's "Psychedelic Sally" on Prestige......

Far as i know "Nutherin' was LP only...but we have heard that before thumbsup.gif

Social source share

First heard this many moons ago when i was in Jazzmans in Camden Town looking through the boxes, this just blasted out of the speakers and "Jazzman" resplendent in a Sociology teachers corduroy suit matching hat and a foot long goatee beard just hammered the counter mimicking the bongos....Sort of a "Funk Poet" album.

Far as i know "Nutherin' was LP only...but we have heard that before :)

'NUtherin' is LP only but there is 'Jive Samba' on 45 by him, which is basically an earlier version of nutherin but not as good.

I'm gonna stick me neck out too and say Spanky's 'Sunshine...' was definitely never issued on 45. :( I think some DJs been playing some re-issues! I'd love to hear different though...

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

Anyone got a copy of the Spanky Wilson LP (original issue) with the track "Sunshine Of My Love" on it, to sell ?

Thanks in advance for any help ....Brett

There is a re-issue on ebay # 4773070970 buy it now for a tenner.

Social source share

that's great that brett

love all that stuff, haven't heard enough of it by a long chalk

brother leon williams, gemini, is one rushed off his feet cat, multi-tasking his jazzy ass off ain't he

Social source share

This has been a great thread to read :thumbsup: , but this choon is awesome, first time ive ever heard it.

Any advise on release 7" lp & price ect ect , i have to have this. Many thanks for putting this up Dodger........thats made my night

Garv.

Sorry Garv, I missed this. I've got it on her 1975 Westbound/20th Century album 'Specialty Of The House'. No idea of value though.

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

'Sunshine Of Your Love' wasn't issued on 45, it's LP only!!

i was positive it was .... i'm sure i saw it on a funk forum/list thing that keb etc go on the someone mentioned a mothers records 45 of this ...

oh well .... if not then i've been looking for bugger all and will happily play it off album hahaha

Davie

Social source share