Ian's Birthday Bash

Guest Northern PhanTom

Guest Northern PhanTom

Ian could not of picked a quieter night to hold his birthday celebrations at the MHRC, with so many events taking place on this night, when Therese arrived from Simply Soul we were gobsmacked straight away how many cars were in the car park.

As we entered MHRC we realised this was going to be one of those who could not be there, rather than who was there, from the soul scene. Great to catch up with some faces from the past,

Ian was having a great time, from when we arrived until things were wound up. Peeps from up and down the country turned out to support such a popular guy.

Pity there were not a few more local soulies in to support Ian, "PAH" who needs "The Leicester Posse" when you have "The British Posse" :lol: (No offence intended to peeps from Leicester who did attend) :no::ohmy:

All the best Ian

Tom & Therese :yes:

Edited by Northern PhanTom
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kid mohair

What a storming night !!! great people and Atmosphere right from the start, just the right amount in i think,, i bet the big man is still going strong....:yes:. cheers fella for a great party !!! Andy. :ohmy:

Guest karen b

You know why we couldn't make it,!rolleyes.gif but we are so glad you had a great party,

you could maybe re live the highlights for us at Lifeline!!!!!lollaugh.gif

Love Karen (and Pete)xxx

Edited by karen b

post advertising another venue unapproved. If you wish to advertise your event then do so in the events soul nights section not on somebody else's topic.

it wasnt a post to to plug an advent just a reply to load load of jealsouy so sorry for telling like it is yes.gif

it wasnt a post to to plug an advent just a reply to load load of jealsouy so sorry for telling like it is yes.gif

Don't know history & don't really care.

This thread is about somebody's birthday night & not the place to try to settle personal scores.

Another event was plugged by you & was deleted by Mods as per site rules.

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hope my comments about "The Leicester Posse" has not offended anyone, :lol: and they were not aimed at any certain individuals :lol: just thought it would of been nice for " The Big Fella" if a few more from that way had made it. :D

Don't think it bothered Ian as he was on full party mode and had a great time. thumbsup.gif

Tom :D

Guest kid mohair

Hope my comments about "The Leicester Posse" has not offended anyone, :no: and they were not aimed at any certain individuals :no: just thought it would of been nice for " The Big Fella" if a few more from that way had made it. :yes:

Don't think it bothered Ian as he was on full party mode and had a great time. :thumbsup:

Tom wink.gif

:(

Just want to thank all of you nice people who made Ian,s big 50 bash such a special night ,to Mandy & Wendy for the food & birthday cake

Andy & Bob for the pa,Kitch & Cliffe ,Aly &,Roger ,John

all the mad hatters who attended the after party,think we are just coming around

a big turn out for Ian & what a great night we had for a true Gentleman of the scene

see you all on sat 26th Feb for Lifeline the 7th Aniversary

Mick H

Edited by ruppy

Agree with everyone else... it was a super party for a super guy. Lindsay and I left them in full swing at 7.30am so goodness knows if they're still at it :thumbsup:

There are loads of photos and a little narrative over at my site.

Here's the Birthday Boy with his beautiful Daughter :thumbsup:

5421376924_b4442b2e2c.jpg

Ian McManus' 50th Birthday by Soulgirl, on Flickr

just looked at the photos Karen really good, glad Ian had a great time thumbsup.gif

Just like to say a massive thanks to every one of you who made my 50th Birthday Party so enjoyable, it was the perfect way to round off an exceptional week.....

Mandy & Wendy for the excellent food & Birthday Cake. Taylor also for the Birthday cake, how lucky am I having 2 to eat!!! Bob and Andy Pollard for loaning and setting up the decks early doors,

The DJ's who played quality soul music Jo, Mandy, Bob, Nicola, Ally, Roger, Kitch, Cliff, John and of course Mick H for sorting it all out on the night as I was in no fit state!!!

I only booked the room all you people made it what it was a great relaxing night with loads of laughs, dancing and damn good fun!!

All the best and I'm up for carrying it on at Lifeline on the 26th Feb if anyone else fancies it.........

Ian x