York Soul Club 5Th Feb

An unexpected "packer" at York SC last night, leading to the unveiling of the hitherto unnoticed "water feature" in the clubhouse ceiling :D ..... didn't seem to upset the usual good humour and atmosphere, although the desire to dance seems to be kicking in later and later these days :lol:

Cracking sets all round, enjoyed both the guest spots (from birthday girl Liana and Gibby) . Record of the night for me - Eddie Billup's "Ask My Heart" from Mr Parker. Good to see Val & Nick's "I'll Find You" getting a full floor, too thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to seeing folks next month, if not before......

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

First York Soul Club of the year & looked like people were ready for it as it was packed & from early on.Lots of new faces who seemed to be enjoying themselves & it's always good to see new people supporting quality venues like this.

Thought the music was excellent with all dj's bringing something different to the deck so everyone getting something they liked.Thought Gibby & Liana did everything a good guest should do & produced some high quality tunes with there own slant that had the floor full all the way through there sets.

So well done T n T & looking forward to March & more of the same please :thumbsup::(

Cheers

Martyn

About time!! Great to see so many local soulies coming out of the wood work. T & T you are doing something right. Well, done. :no: The music was on another level thanks to your choice guest DJ's and Mr Pedley.

The dedication of the traveling punters, you can't ask for more traveling down from the North great to see Steve, Leann, Kieth Nev & Suz, Lynne, Dave, Kev, Mick best of luck with the Manhattan Club in Harrogate. Great to see the Manifesto and Horse and Groom crowd Little Av and Pete Jay with Don and one of the Pinchers Bri I think?? Sorry if I am wrong. Great to see Garry Brown out, best of look with your venture in to Leeds with Eddie Wainwright Empty Bottles :yes: with the man of the moment Martyn Bird and honorary Yorkie and top fella. Cheers Trevski for the lift :thumbsup:

The night was just great T & T thanks for the personal greeting, I love it!! :(

Thought the weather might have dampened a few spirits but no

Great to see so many at this most enjoyable venue

Quality records of all styles played with a busy dancefloor most of the night

Cant ask for much more------------------nice one :thumbsup:

Travelling conditions very poor on the journey up to York and the new indoor shower was quite a novelty but the music more than made up for that. Glad we got there and like so many others didn't let the weather put us off. Always a warm welcome from Tracy on the door and such a friendly crowd in attendance. Another packer for the first of 2011 speaks volumes for the quality of this event.

Top class tunes from residents, Trev, Ron, Tony & John. Guest DJ's Gibby & Liana kept everyone dancing, looking forward to seeing there play lists (please).

Until next month,

Don

what a way to start off the new year, absolutly rammed, tony even had to fetch in the emergency chairs, unfortunatly me and lesley had to leave early due to me not feeling well, male menopause according to tracy, anyway heres what i played

martha starr - no part time love - thelma

johnny hampton - not my girl - dottys

virginia blakly - let nobody love you - mojo

appreciations - i cant hide it - aware

emanuel laskey - run for my life - thelma

art falls - i want you baby - nautilus

gino washington - rat race - atac test press

colt 45's - lady lady - jerry

timothy wilson - hey girl, do you love me - veep

bobby "guitar" bennett - you did it again - junior

jessie james - are you gonna leave me - shirley

chuck flamingo - whats my chances - rojac

Another brilliant night of "Top Drawer" choons played at York Soul Club.

I take .... hatsoff2.gif .... to all the DJ's on the night.

Thanks to John Parker for spinning J D Bryant for Linda.

Thanks to Don for bringing the record..... It plays great mate.

KTF............. Bridgey & Linda....:thumbsup:

Fantastic night on Saturday

Packed

Nice to see Bridgey and play his request

All the usual suspects in attendence and others

Great to meet the Middlesborough crowd...first trip for them

My playlist...bit of a mixed bag this month

Volumes Aint Gonna Give You Up Karen

Just Brothers Carlena Garrison

Magnetics When I'm With My Baby Sable

Chuck Cockerham Have I Got The Right Mala

TSU Tornados A Thousand Wonders Ovide

Eddie Billups Ask My Heart Peachtree

Natural Impulse She Went Away Natural Impulse

Milton Parker Women Like It Harder Closet

Tiaras Foolish Girl Op Art

Angela Davis My Love Is So Strong Flaming Arrow

Phonetics Just A Boy's Dream Trudel

Leon Peterson Now You're On Your Own Skylark

J.D.Bryant I Won't Be Coming Back Shrine

Fascinators In Other Words Bombay

Springers Nothing's Too Good For My Baby Wales

Al Scott What Happened To Yesterday Genuine

Bobby James I Really Love You Karol

Gail Nevels He Cant Do Without Me Dottys

Lynn Vernado Wash and Wear Love Gator

Johnny Honeycutt Im Coming On Over Triode

Milton And James You Lied Falstaff

Stormie Wynters Life Saver Mercury

Marva Josie Dont UA

Shirley Wahls Why Am I Crying King

Tranells Blessed With A Love Flo-Jo

Jackie Day Naughty Boy Phlectron

Bobby Adams That's The Kind Of Man I Am Big BEE

Vondells Hey Girl You've Changed Airtown

Lynn Terry I Got A Good Thing Going Lasalle

Walter and The Admerations Man O' Man Lasalle

Bob And Fred I'll Be On My Way Big Mack

That was it for this month

See you all in March

ATB

JohnP

Edited by john parker

Well ,

that well and truly knocked the cob-webs off the slow start to 2011!

feels like we are up and running again :shades:

Great night as always ,it has been a while due to weather and no January event ,but glad to be back to see all the friendly people that make up York soul club.

Music was right all night ,Trev played a great set.....Gibby and Leanna did themselves proud ,the dynamic duo of Tony and John were as reliable as ever ..they know what the crowd want ,but have to say Ron played his best spot to date at York soul club :ohmy:

T&T do a fantastic job ,no matter what problem arises they deal with it to ensure we all have the best night possible.

Keep up the good work and hope the fundraising means we can keep coming to this special little club.

Lastly thanks for the company on the way home and to helen for making sure we got there and back in such miserable weather :ohmy:

Yes.........Great record Martyn (Angela Davis that is)

As you know played it at Hull Soul Club the night before...much to the delight of a VERY young dancefloor....the people not the wood!!

Maybe it's the sort of sound that may attract a younger audience??

Just a thought..

Edited by john parker

Yes.........Great record Martyn (Angela Davis that is)

As you know played it at Hull Soul Club the night before...much to the delight of a VERY young dancefloor....the people not the wood!!

Maybe it's the sort of sound that may attract a younger audience??

Just a thought..

Think you're absolutely right, John :shades: This sort of sound (including my current fave, Ricky Allen on Tamboo), is very popular with younger DJ's on the scene, too - and I suspect there are more to come of this quality, probably hidden from NS collectors until now by the simple expedient of being on Funk sales lists :ohmy: Have had more than one funk DJ/collector rant in my ear about how Angela Davis and Ricky Allen were cheap records until they got exposure on the NS scene!

Guest kelvinx

For whats its worth i think the more funk based sounds are musically a breath of fresh air to the scene and its great to hear some getting played at progressive northern venues....Anything that gets the younger crowd interested has got to be a bonus as well..Also great to hear Gibby play Roy Roberts - You Move me on Saturday...

Guest tony hatfield

WOW!!!!!!

What a fantastic start to 2011 for York Soul Club,great to see all the regulars :hatsoff2: and also a lot of new faces, hope we did enough for you to return.

Many thanks to resident DJ's John, Trev, Ronnie & Tony :lol: and a HUGE THANK YOU to our two guest DJ's

Gibby & Liana, can't wait to hear them again at the mini Easter Weekender (playlists plz)

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

We will be back on Saturday 5th March, and joining the resident DJ's behind the decks we welcome

Mr Pete Richer from the North East hatsoff2.gif hope you will join us once again.

Details of the Easter Event is on the website www.yorksoulclub.com.

Once again, THANK YOU ALL

ATB

Tracy & Tony xxx :Dwave.gif

Lastly, but not least my two pennorth :thumbsup: Was good to be back at York as haven't been to the last two due to the snow, had a fantastic time and it was nice to be able to enjoy a drink without thinking about driving back. Thank you to the lovely Helen for the lift there and back :yes: I thought the raindrops falling on me head cooled me down a bit after being on the dancefloor, mind I nearly went ass ower tit on the talc covered floor and would have provided the clown entertainment :no:

Had a great time and will be back for the next one.:)

Suz

x