Pay Pal

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Has anybody had problems after using Pay Pal?

I paid for a record in June, and it still hasnt arrived. The people I bought the records from in the US, are not replying to my emails, so I notified Pay Pal. Immediately I got a refund, or an email saying I would be getting a refund. That is OK, but I really want the record.

Any advice guys??

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Doesn't sound like a fault of Paypal to me. Sounds like you did well to get a payment from Paypal as I would think it's the person who promised you the record who is at fault here. We all get stung buying records off t'internet at some point, it sounds to me as if you have.

Jordi

Social source share

Has anybody had problems after using Pay Pal?

I paid for a record in June, and it still hasnt arrived. The people I bought the records from in the US, are not replying to my emails, so I notified Pay Pal. Immediately I got a refund, or an email saying I would be getting a refund. That is OK, but I really want the record.

Any advice guys??

I've used Paypal hundreds of times and never had a problem at all. If you ever do have problems. it's from the sellers. I'm still waiting for 2 45s from April from the same seller, having chased numerous times without a reply. His seller name on Ebay is Karldan, so AVOID this seller. I think naming and shaming dodgy sellers so that we're all aware is the way forward. I'll see if Paypal can help me like they've helped you..

Rich

Social source share

I've never had any problems with Paypal, apart from being upto my limit on my card!

The longest I waited for a record was about a month & a half, before it turned up.

The best advice I was ever given was to check the sellers feedback, if any doubts don't bother with them. One seller from the states sent me a record that had been visually graded, upon playing it there was terrible surface noise. I contacted the seller and they gave me a full refund, so I would say the vast majority of sellers on Ebay are honest.

The only problem with Ebay is that it is somewhat addictive.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I found you have to say its a fraud.

It might not be, but there are no other options. Hence getting the immediate refund.

I wouldnt worry but I have had no replies from my emails.

I was contatced by them, because I put the record up on a website for people who are looking for specific records, having had no luck any other way. People concerened are itdimports. I have never used them before.

Social source share

I paid for a record in June, and it still hasnt arrived. The people I bought the records from in the US, are not replying to my emails

Sometimes records/parcels can take ages from the USA, other times its a matter of a few days. The longest time I had to wait was 14 weeks! (air mail!!)

I have had the odd occasion where a parcel has been returned to the sender for no apparent reason, this does get my back up and ive complained several times to local sorting office who then send me the obligatory free book of 1st Class stamps!

I would suggest emailing the seller one final time asking for a proof of postage, if you dont hear from him/her after a few days then the only think to do is leave Negative feedback and a couple of words of warning! Name & shame the bastards!!

Ive probably had about 6 items go missing in transit, its a ball ache, thankfully they were not very expensive items and I never recieved a penny from ebay in compo...

regards

Paul

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

It wasnt ebay.

I was contacted after posting under wants on GEMM.

I had a nice email. Gave me their address and Pay Pal account number.

I sent cash, got confirmation, told to wait fo 5 - 15 days. Nowt, and spent 2 weeks trying to contact them, but no joy. Not prepared to loose my cash, even if it is only £30. If the record turns up now, I will re-send the money, absolutely.

This isnt an expensive record. Funnily enough I am more worried about boots coming from the states than from UK sellers, so if it is a lumpy record, I tend not to get involved on ebay unless its from a Brit, or any european guys I know.

Social source share

Paypal's new "Paypal protection" system will eventually mean no sellers will use it. If the seller can't prove they sent the item Paypal just deduct the requisite amount from the sellers account with no reference tp the account holder and credit the buyers account. There must be some kind of law against this in the States. Seller then gets all shirty and leaves negative feedback, leastwise that's what happened to me. Mind you he did claim to have 5 copies o siad record and used the same photo each time. I wonder whether anyone else got theirs.

Paul

SITC

Social source share

Guest micksmith

WHEN YOU PAY BY PAY-PAL THE SENDER SHOULD SEND THE RECORD OFF STRAIGHT AWAY NONE OF THIS "I'LL GET OFF IN A FEW DAYS". BUT THEN AGAIN NOT EVERY DEALER IS AS QUICK AS ME.

I AGREE WITH YOU RICH NAME 'EM AND SHAME 'EM.

Social source share

Dear all,

I have never had problems with Paypal either.

A tricky thing is though, that you must choose now, if your would like to pay with your credit card or if you would like to pay with money, which you have transferred before to your Paypal account.

Regarding delivery time from the US: sometimes it's really a nightmare. It takes ages.

A few days ago I have read in a newspaper that the US postal service will change their way of shipping to Europe.

Apparently all parcel where sent to a central warehouse in Europe, and from there have been distributed to the different countries.

US Postal will now send again directly to the countries again.

Best regards

YouYou, Paris

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!