Northern Soul - Interview

Guest holly89

Guest holly89

Hello everyone, I joined this forum in order to gather some information from fellow Northern Soul fans. I am a student writing my final year project about record shops and there future. I am also looking into Manchester music scene. I am hoping to find an interview with someone who was around during the 1960s and 1970s who could tell me about Northern Soul - in relation to the previously mentioned topics. May sound a little complicated, but basically I want to interview someone (a DJ, record shop owner or just a fanboy or girl) about this great genre of music. I am wanted to do a face to face meet, this would be ideal - of course if not possible I would be interested in an over the phone conversation. I am in Huddersfield, but I have transport so anywhere not to far would be good.

Any help much appreciated

many thanks

Holly

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Also, if you're in Huddersfield you could try and track down Fred Ward or Phil Dick (who's on here) over in Bradford. Also, if you can get over to Manchester then Brian '45' Phillips (who's also on here) would be a good guy to talk to as he was DJ at the Twisted Wheel.

Ian D biggrin.gif

Fred is on here too under the name of " mr fred "

Social source share

Hi Holly,

If you could get to Manchester this Sunday (13th Feb). The Twisted Wheel is on from 3pm - 8pm. Ask for Pete Roberts and I'm sure he will put you onto the right people to chat to. There are plenty of people there who were soulies back in the 60's. Hope this helps.

If you go & travel via the train. The Twisted Wheel is just around the corner from Manchester Piccadilly Station.

Good luck with your project and hope you do well.

KTF................ Bridgey

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!