• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest smudgesmith

Same as mini nighter is it not, a soul night 

It's just an advertising gimmick.

So Chalky........when is a Cadburys mini roll not a mini roll?

Social source share

are there certain criteria for qualifying as a mini all nighter

...????

any thoughts?

The people ( knowing what they are going to get)

The music ( see above)

Start time 9.00pm

Finish time 4.00 .A flippin M.

7 hours of quality.

Gives a chance for folks with other commitments to get out till "late",without getting home at 10 in the morning.:ohmy: (some leave proper nighters at this time anyway,so whats the problem).

Most soul nights end from 12 - 2.am.

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

spot on kev...........and it cuts out this totally stupid desire/need? to book a hotel for a nighter whats that all about?:D ........mini nighter no hotel............suppose a lot of folk would leave at 2,O'Clock :ohmy::yes::lol:

Social source share

No problem with the term myself, would expect it to finish around 4 a.m. Also would expect some of the better known nighter DJs to be playing. Soul nights I classify as something finishing between 12 and 2, could be all local DJs. I liked nighters to finish at 8......just seemed right :ohmy:

Winnie :-)

Social source share

They are the future maybe....

Seems a shame but many niters suffer from crowds drifting off after 3/ 4am..

Maybe better a good mini than a real one tails off..

Food for thought...

Yes, but even though one drifts away at 3ish one can still maintain the kudos that comes with only attending allnighters......................:ohmy:

Tony

Social source share

The people ( knowing what they are going to get)

The music ( see above)

Start time 9.00pm

Finish time 4.00pm

7 hours of quality.

Gives a chance for folks with other commitments to get out till "late",without getting home at 10 in the morning.laugh.gif (some leave proper nighters at this time anyway,so whats the problem).

Most soul nights end from 12 - 2.am.

Think that is called a Maxi Nighter/Dayer !!!!! :D

Social source share

are there certain criteria for qualifying as a mini all nighter

...????

any thoughts?

I personally don't like the phrase.

To me it's a complete contradiction of words. Its either an ALLnighter or a Soul Night. I think some of the wine bars in Leeds are open until 4.00 but dont advertise it as a Mini Bar (which again has a whole different meaning laugh.gif )

Just my own view on the phrase Mini All-nighter :D

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

kudos.............l go to nighters for music....the crac...and nighter people.......simple as :hatsoff2: .....why would anyone go to a nighter just for the kudos???? strange world..........if ya gonna leave 2 hours earlier you should of gone to a soul night.....also known as a mini nighter :lol:

:wave:

Social source share

Same as a mini snickers bar i suppose. Not quite as big but just as tasty and all the same ingredients.

Just advertise the event with the times : people who attend will then apply a " name " for it .

I always found the term " Mini All - Dayer " amusing , which was given to events on a Sunday that commenced at 4 PM , and ran until 11 PM / Midnight .

" Mini All Dayer " ? a load of b*****ks ........ they were extended soul nights :hatsoff2:

Malc

Social source share

What about the 2/3 room "all nighters" that choose to shut some of the rooms halfway through the event but fail to advertise this on their flyers or promotions.

I find that "sharp practise" TBH.

Had the opposite happen to me at Imber one night.Someone opened a door,and it was room after room after room.

After room.

Not such a bad idea closing off a side room.Gives a chance to fill the main room for the last hour.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Had the opposite happen to me at Imber one night.Someone opened a door,and it was room after room after room.

After room.

Not such a bad idea closing off a side room.Gives a chance to fill the main room for the last hour.thumbsup.gif

My point being if you attend the event to be in the modern room or R&B room - whichever is your bag. The promoter then shuts them rooms - you have to then go into the main "Northern Room". You have still paid the same admission price as everyone else but the music you attended the event for in the first place is no longer being played. Your choice is to either leave or listen to music you don't really want to - not really much of a choice is it ?

Think the all nighters that Chris Waterman promotes allow you to leave early & you pay a reduced admission price for this - he is to be applauded for that.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

If mini-nighters do exist the best example for me was The Dome. 3am finish, too good to be considered a mere soul night, not long enough to be a nighter.

Social source share

If mini-nighters do exist the best example for me was The Dome. 3am finish, too good to be considered a mere soul night, not long enough to be a nighter.

good shout, they always said they were going to put on a nighter there, but weren't allowed, used to hate leaving at the end it was always such a good night :thumbsup:

Social source share

:thumbsup:

Indeed...

Many examples of the so called mini niter thats got real quality..

Maybe many moons ago the niter was the holy grail with regards to quality of djs/ music etc etc etc..

Not anymore..

Enough real quality events to keep many folk happy and no need to go to niters anymore...

Niter promoters have to be on their toes as times change and people change with it..

In the world of promotions, nothing stands still forever,i know that after all these years..

The longer soul night events that finish after 2am could be the main core of the rare soul scene as folk get older and can't last out/ don't want to last out till 6/7/ 8am...

I promote both as i have friends who don't/ can't do niters anymore but still have the passion...

The weekenders will go to long soul nights i guess, better a good finish at 4am with a crowd wanting more than a 7/ 8am finish with just a few peeps left and little atmosphere...

Promoters should be there to react to whats going on around them.. If the promotions going fine then don't try and fix what aint broke, if its a struggle then take action and try and improve.. Common sense to me...

Nowadays i am happy with say one niter a month and a few long soul nights, many feel the same...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!