Oxford Soul Club

Guest wizardmerlin

Guest wizardmerlin
thumbsup.giffirst time at oxford for me and her indoorsrolleyes.gifwhat a great night top flight musiclaugh.gif brill dance floorbiggrin.gif great crowd,had a bustin nightwink.gifdef go againyes.gifktf steve&anne ps thanks for the cds great touch
  • Replies 23
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soul elite

Completely agree with you! Its ALWAYS a good nite at Oxford :yes::no:

Really good to meet you and your good lady, hopefully see you both there on April 2nd, We have a Ska band on in our pub the nite before so maybe ...... we'll see you there? thumbsup.gif:D

Guest mellytee

It was good to meet you both and so glad you had a good time :lol: let me know if any do's back in Bromsgrove or Redditch etc and I will get some of us up there :hatsoff2: Next Oxford do April so see you both then.

Did I slur or could you still inderstand me????!!!:wave:

Love mel xxx

Steve/Ann, it's always a corker at Oxford, excellent event run by some of the nicest folks on the soul scene, we arrived just after 8.30 to find the car park already full so we had to park up the road a bit. it's great to see this event getting the support it deserves. in the past there have been a few nights when it's not been so busy so I for one was very pleased to see the numbers up. just goes to show if you find a great venue then word soon gets around and people will come. ,great dancefloor and the decor takes you back in time in a good way. it really suits a northern event. Lovely to see Steve, Chris and June who all went on the soultrip- USA to Chicago nearly 2 years ago along with me, Mazz and about another 150 soulies from the UK and beyond it's always special when we see each other. I had Jerry Hipkiss with me on saturday and we sat there listening to some great oldies and a few surprises along the way too. favourite tracks for me were the inspirations - touch me hold me feel me, The Springers who you gonna turn to, Albert washington - i'm the one, and The temptations rarety played by Mazz not once but twice it's that good!!

great to see the ever growing bunch of students who have been attending for a few years now and they are really getting into the music

nice to see some youngblood coming onto the scene, bodes well for the future.

anyway congratulations to the Oxford crew for an entertaining evening, I can't always get there due to other committments but if i can then i will, it's as good as anywhere else I've been recently and you are always guarranteed a friendly welcome.

regards

Neil

thumbsup.giffirst time at oxford for me and her indoorsrolleyes.gifwhat a great night top flight musiclaugh.gif brill dance floorbiggrin.gif great crowd,had a bustin nightwink.gifdef go againyes.gifktf steve&anne ps thanks for the cds great touch

Edited by neil self

Steve,Ann, Glad you had a good time, when I saw you were coming I knew you would have a good night.

Another cracking night at Oxford, good music all round..

Guido first time DJing at Oxford did a nice set, a lot of stuff you dont hear to often.

See you in April.

Jon

Thanks for all kind remarks Neil

,especially coming from the promoter of one of the best events in the country,and certainly the best in the west(imho).

Us guys at Oxford have taken a lot of inspiration from Soulfusion and the way you produce the goods time and time again.

It was a pleasure to have both yourself and the legend that is Jerry Hipkiss in attendance , who i hope will come and do a spot for us in 2012.

Our relationship with Soulfusion continues at the next Oxford event with Sue and Martin coming to do a Motown spot for us which will please a lot of folk.

A big thank you to everyone who attended we feel so honoured that so many folk make so much effort to come to our little o' club.

Thanks for starting the tread wizardmerlin so positive with your comments makes it all worth while,so glad you enjoyed it.

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT :hatsoff2::thumbsup::wave:.

MAZ

Thanks to the Oxford guys, had a great little night chatting, listening and watching - with the occasional foray to the decks to look at labels of course (how could I have forgotten Roy Handy "Baby that's a groove", one you NEVER hear out these days!). Thanks to Neil for the lift, and yes those students are brilliant, they've learned the two golden rules

1. Don't drink on the dancefloor

2. Don't take the p**s

...and as i said to one of them, welcome to a lifetime affliction! :hatsoff2:

Next time I'll have the big box of tunes with me!

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Guest mellytee

I was RESTING!!!!! :hatsoff2::lol: Such a fab night and great to see you and Jerry :lol: Yes Oxford just keeps on getting stronger and each time new different people there; hope everyone feels welcome when they come - in as strangers, out as best mates + fantastic tunes,a mix to suit everyone.

Off to Warwick on Friday for another friendly night of fun and dancing then......? Who knows - send me some ideas all :wave::no:

Lots of love

Mel

XXXXX

Guest THE G-MAN

thumbsup.gif Thanks for a fantastic night !!!!

It has been my 3rd time at the Oxford Soul Club but the first time DJing. I am so glad that so many nice people attended. It is good to see that the Oxford Soul Club gets a lot of attention.

I accompany the comments above - great people, great atmosphere, a unique venue.

(Hopefully you can fill the big ballroom one day. What a hidden treasure behind your bar!!!)

My salutes to the OXFORD SOUL CLUB. You are a great bunch!!! Thanks to everyone that appeared !!!!

Hope to be back very soon :thumbsup:

Guido

Edited by ken
House rules, plug your night in the right place,ta

what an absolute cracker , right from when we left home no hassle on the m25 , pre-do teas at Del's house ( thanks Denise ) to pre-do bacardi shandies in the bar at the hotel ( John and Junes room ). All you could eat at the chinese by the hotel , suffered next day though !!!!

Arrived about 8 ish to find quite a few already in and by 8.30 there must have been about 50 in already and dancing too !!

Great sets all night long , Tezz , Jon, Guido and Maz all playing some right good'uns. Hats off to Maz for his Temptations 'stay' ---------leave it to me in your will please !!!!!!!!

Have to agree with all the comments about the club, super friendly and if you're reading these , don't hesitate ---just go

Great to see Neil standing still long enough to have a chat, he's normally running arond at 100 mph at soulfusion, do you realise that there was 7 of us that went to Chicago in that night, and whenever i hear Mel Britt out it brings it all back to me, good also to chat to Jerry . Des/Dave was great to see you again and we'll see you in Bridlington.

All too soon the night was over, can't wait until the next one, hope to be at the next soulfusion , see you there

Take good care

Steve and Chris

xxx

HI NEIL

The ALBERT WASHINGTON record is called I'M THE MAN and its on the FRATERNITY LABEL (its the b side of) THESE ARMS OF MINE yes the same version Otis Redding did .

MAZ

Guest mellytee

:ohmy:Went in loo to find Pat...empty.....outside .....no one and I could not think for the life of me what or where her car was :no: so I thought best option to stand still and wait for her to rescue me :no: But no, ....spotted by Neil and Jerry and then tried to hold a sensible conversation, failed miserably and looked guilty all in one go :wub: Thanks for all those who bought me drinks on Saturday and getting me into that state....Neil to name but one......:shades: Think I must resist and stick to my 3 Becks rule.......10 was a tad excessive I feel!!???:ohmy::lol:

Remind me on Friday everyone at Warwick please........dont want to get a bad reputation do I Kat????!!!:ohmy:

Still great night and roll on March at Soul fusion and Oxford April who knows what in between........

Love Mel

XXXXX

Guest mellytee

:hatsoff2: SOUL FUSION IS RUBBISH AND NO ONE LIKES YOU NEIL :lol: :lol: :lol::D (joke!!!) I have always thought that its better to be talked about than not blush.gif I may be wrong but hey it stops someone else being bullied!!!hypocrite.gif

Have a fab weekend petal and see you soon xxx

Mel xxx