Cods - Shes Fire

Wiganer1

had an acetate of this for years now and got a tape of searling playing for the first time at wigan saying 'this is a bit too fast for wigan these days heres micky volvano - shes fire my burning desire'

last time i heard this was at winding wheel in the 80s...heard on a cd at the weekend coming back from glosta niter

what an ACE tune....but so rare but how rare....

ne else love this tune???

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

had an acetate of this for years now and got a tape of searling playing for the first time at wigan saying 'this is a bit too fast for wigan these days heres micky volvano - shes fire my burning desire'

last time i heard this was at winding wheel in the 80s...heard on a cd at the weekend coming back from glosta niter

what an ACE tune....but so rare but how rare....

ne else love this tune???

was also spun at the stafford reunion last year mark, you mustve gone the loo :)

Social source share

Was under the impression that Tim had/has the only known copy, Label is such a poorly produced one in comparison to the other Kellmac issues though!!

Social source share

This was discussed before, Rod will confirm the label is the same as the others, i.e not mocked-up or poorly produced, I believe that idea comes from when Paul Johnson knocked out some acetates of this and the Combinations in the 80's and didn't have a scan of the label and mocked one up.

Still only one known (UK) copy isn't it?

Has Boba seen it stateside?

Social source share

Had Tim's copy in my hands many a time as its one of my all time favourites and still to this day I recall winding him up about the label because it looked so shoddy in comparison to other Kellmac issues. Now I have no knowledge of the Kellmac chronological issue dates and respective label types (and I will be looking shortly) but Fire wasn't produced years before the likes of Michael of that I'm pretty sure.

Distinctly recall the print almost looking as if it was badly typed on? I may of course as I have on many occasions be wrong :hatsoff2:

Just seen a scan of it on JM's site and it looks nothing like the copy Tim had so I presume he had a cut of it made with a similar shoddy label that Tony mentioned. In hindsight it would have made sense to save taking a one off out when he spun.

So as I'm not one to look up folks profiles where did the disc go and are you (Tai-Pan) a collector, DJ or both. In essence will us punters get a chance to dance to it?

Edited by SteveC
Social source share

Had Tim's copy in my hands many a time as its one of my all time favourites and still to this day I recall winding him up about the label because it looked so shoddy in comparison to other Kellmac issues. Now I have no knowledge of the Kellmac chronological issue dates and respective label types (and I will be looking shortly) but Fire wasn't produced years before the likes of Michael of that I'm pretty sure.

Distinctly recall the print almost looking as if it was badly typed on? I may of course as I have on many occasions be wrong :wave:

Just seen a scan of it on JM's site and it looks nothing like the copy Tim had so I presume he had a cut of it made with a similar shoddy label that Tony mentioned. In hindsight it would have made sense to save taking a one off out when he spun.

So as I'm not one to look up folks profiles where did the disc go and are you (Tai-Pan) a collector, DJ or both. In essence will us punters get a chance to dance to it?

Oh I think there's a good chance you'll hear it out Steve...Tai-Pan.=Andy Killick.

Social source share

Why don't you buggers put your real names down instead of sliding around incognito :yes::thumbsup:

Thank f*** Andy's got it - with that sort of profile name I feared Flynny would be dancing to it with his grin every weekend over there in the land of the rising sun :thumbsup:

Cheers for that John thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Distinctly recall the print almost looking as if it was badly typed on? I may of course as I have on many occasions be wrong :rolleyes:

It is the penultimate release on the label 1011, the last being also C.O.D's 1012 "Coming Back Girl"/"It Must Be Love".

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!