Mel Britt

Steve L

Conversation topic last weekend was the value and rarity of certain records and Mel Britt came up.

A mate of mine asked me how many original copies there would be knocking about, not having a clue I thought I'd consult the oracle.

I know its an impossible question to answer but what would be your guestimate??

Social source share

• Replies 35
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest JIM BARRY

a lot

i would say that it's in every top collector's possesion. and most well known dj,s too , it was in mine when collecting, and now resides with mick h.

Social source share

• 10 months later...
Guest allnightandy

A couple of years ago on Ebay there was a test pressing of Mel Britt

But it was an acetate and most of the vinyl covering had come off

it was in appalling condition and unplayable but the guy still wanted about £600 for it

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

colouring on yellow and blue stripes is different!...the boot is lighter yellow.

It also has a fine white ring around the outside of the label

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Guest turntableterra

anyone who was in detroit in 2009 will remember the incredible experience of watching mel singing along and clapping as well as he could. it was one of those times you wont forget. i asked him "did you really want her to come back"? he just gave a smile .....................any one got any pics

Social source share

£60.00 seems about right I know how gutting it is to find something like that an then you see the condition :( :(

I remember when I found a different take to the Four Dynamics - Things That A Lady Ain't Suppose To Do on an acetate as soon as I heard the opening bars (it had a longer instrmental intro and sounded a little faster) I started to get that wonderful feeling you get in the pit of your stomach then the thing turned into an absulute mess you couldn't hear anything but static talk about a sinking feeling :(

Social source share

£60.00 seems about right I know how gutting it is to find something like that an then you see the condition :( :(

I remember when I found a different take to the Four Dynamics - Things That A Lady Ain't Suppose To Do on an acetate as soon as I heard the opening bars (it had a longer instrmental intro and sounded a little faster) I started to get that wonderful feeling you get in the pit of your stomach then the thing turned into an absulute mess you couldn't hear anything but static talk about a sinking feeling :(

I'd pay £60 for that wall art.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!