snooky

• Replies 31
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

What a beauty,this is one of Butch's cover-ups or is already known????

On ebay now item number 120682440279

Great record, rare and good to dance to! Has it been known about for long? Its by The Precisions so must have easily attracted attention over the years!

Social source share

Still is covered up.....well was.  It is  known who it was by some but never seen the actual artist/title mentioned in relation to the cover up.

Great record I first heard on a tape from you Simon I believe. I've looked for one for 20+ years and never had a sniff!

I was trying to figure out how long ago it was that I borrowed it off a friend to tape, but I would say it's nearer to 25 than 20 years ago. At that time it wasn't and hadn't been covered up, I can't remember where it originally came from, but it wasn't Butch.

Social source share

I was trying to figure out how long ago it was that I borrowed it off a friend to tape, but I would say it's nearer to 25 than 20 years ago. At that time it wasn't and hadn't been covered up, I can't remember where it originally came from, but it wasn't Butch.

I think you're right - I disappeared from the NS scene about 1986/87 and the song had been around for a long while before that - Hook line always stuck in my head whenever I took a wrong turn in the car and got a bit lost.

It was the only part of the song I remember - not the Artist or the Label.

Unless there's a common alternate version of the song by someone else ??

It's bugging me know - I used to get sales tapes of John Manship / Dave Raistrick and a few others - Might have been on one of those tapes ??

Cheers

Mick Holdsworth

Social source share

Mick

In the late seventies and early 80s both me and Dave had this record on several occasions. I'm amazed Butch covered it up, as "Long-timers" like yourself are fully aware of it. I must add though my last copy must now be over 20 years ago.. But there will certainly be copies in collections of our and Dave's 70s and 80s customers. There are copies around in the UK but obviously very elusive and rarely available for sale.

Yes we did put this title on sales tapes, back then

John

Edited by john manship
Social source share

$4,383.00 (£ 2,738.76)

Bargain IMO considering it's rarity and how good it is.

bargain ? I am really not so sure...If it wouldnt have been for one not too smart acting bidder who already had put up the price by over ten single bids to 2700 USD days before the auctions ending only to fully dissappear on the last day I am sure the record wouldn`t have gone up that much.

will be interesting to see if that serious price (3K UKP) is enought to tempt other collectors to part with their copy.

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

bargain ? I am really not so sure...If it wouldnt have been for one not too smart acting bidder who already had put up the price by over ten single bids to 2700 USD days before the auctions ending only to fully dissappear on the last day I am sure the record wouldn`t have gone up that much.

will be interesting to see if that serious price (3K UKP) is enought to tempt other collectors to part with their copy.

Marc

Compared to some of the prices of some records you see every month, every few months, and this, a disc major dealers haven't seen for 20 years, plus the quality and demand then yes I think it is a bargain. Until some more turn up, if they turn up, then £2.5k a pretty good figure to shell out, the buyer obviously thought so too.

Social source share

Mick

In the late seventies and early 80s both me and Dave had this record on several occasions. I'm amazed Butch covered it up, as "Long-timers" like yourself are fully aware of it. I must add though my last copy must now be over 20 years ago.. But there will certainly be copies in collections of our and Dave's 70s and 80s customers. There are copies around in the UK but obviously very elusive and rarely available for sale.

John

Pretty sure Butch didn't cover it up at first (as Simon says). 99.9% certain I saw it uncovered at one of the Lifelines at The Bell. Reckon most either forgot about this or simply didn't know it John considering it hasn't really surfaced since back when you and Dave had them. Still got some tapes of yours from the 80's in the garage, will have to dig them out and see what's on them.

Social source share

Compared to some of the prices of some records you see every month, every few months, and this, a disc major dealers haven't seen for 20 years, plus the quality and demand then yes I think it is a bargain. Until some more turn up, if they turn up, then £2.5k a pretty good figure to shell out, the buyer obviously thought so too.

maybe a worthwhile buy indeed and I am with you that the buyer most definitely will think so. but a bargain...i just simply cant cant call anything priced 3k a bargain. maybe I would be able to call it such if would have been 1.5 or 2 k cheaper ÂMVHO. but you are right of course, a very rare record and records not as rare indeed (did) fetch more wink.gif

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Mick

John

Hi John,

Hope you are well me duck :hatsoff2:

I have The Precisions (Henmar) on "Rare Unknowns" Vol 3 cassette from your good self - Late 1981 - plenty of other crackers on there such as...

Billy Miranda,Andre Scott (Sunflower), Sonny Allen,Trey J's, Joe L, Lawshawn Collins,Matthew Barnett (Puff).. and thats just one volume of three....

Cheers, Robin.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!