Groovin' @ Rolls-Royce Pavilion, Derby

Hello everyone,

I know we haven't got past Valentines Day yet ...... but there's already Easter Eggs in my local supermarket. And so, with Easter in mind, I thought I'd ping up an early post for GROOVIN' which is back for it's third year as part of the two-room Sunday Bank Holiday 'Mini-Dayers' at the Rolls-Royce Pavilion, Derby.

We're kicking off the first of this years events with a stonking line-up featuring guests Dave Welding, Cliffe Steele & Terry Wright ably supported by regulars Rob Kay, Denmac & Kev Rodgers with Dave Lucas adding to pot with an early doors set. Crossover tunes, old & new, will be the main order of the day with a little modern soul, jazz, soulful house, downtempo & 60's soul sprinkled here and there in the mix.

Everything kicks-off at 4pm thru to 12.30am as usual, and if your tastes tend to the more traditional Northern & Motown type of stuff then the main room is the place for you! With Cliffe Steele, Dave Welding & Rob Kay playing sets in the earlier part of the evening and the likes of Ted Massey, Keith Banks, John Poole, & Nige Brown gracing the decks later on, it promises to be a pretty good night.

As always it's £5 otd, there's plenty of on-site parking, it's air-conditioned, holds up to 450, hot & cold food with tea & coffee is served through to about 9.30 - 10.00pm 'ish and there's usually tables full of records, cd's, t-shirts & other goodies. (best to contact Keith if you want a table in the main room and either Rob Kay or myself for space in GROOVIN' ).

Rolls-Royce Pavilion, Moor Lane, Derby. DE24 9HY

Opposite the Moorways Sports Centre & Swimming Pool.

for info;

email - stevenbanks2002@hotmail.com

Keith Banks - 01332 573312

Rob - 07831 336 296

Kev - 07855 785 368

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Derbyshire Bint

Hiya All You Soul Peeps out there in the ether hatsoff2.gif I thought it was about time to move this back up to page 1 yes.gif

What a great line up in both rooms! :yes:

Are you coming? shades.gif

Vicki :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's April already and only three weeks to the Easter festivities, when, no doubt, as usual, there'll be lots of choice when it comes to getting your weekend fix of all things social and soulful in one big handy-sized dose.

If you're looking to dance off any Sunday morning Easter Eggs then Groovin' & the Northern room at Rolls-Royce in Derby has all the right ingredients for a cracking late afternoon / evening.

If you need any details, the first post has all the details of who, where, when etc.

Hope lots of you can make it.

See you there,

Kev.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Just a quick post to clear up a little misunderstanding that seems to be floating around out there - had a few people ask, and I can definitely say, Kev ROBERTS is not promoting Groovin' or, as far as I know, the Northern / Motown Room on any of the Bank Holiday dates.

Kev ROBERTS, does now promote the regular monthly nights at Rolls-Royce but not the Bank Holiday events, that honour falls upon Rob Kay and myself, Kev RODGERS, to promote Groovin', while Keith Banks organise's the Northern / Motown room.

Anyway, a little more than a week to go 'til Easter and then the first of this year's Bank Holiday specials will be upon us ,,,, and just to remind you of the lineups ...

Groovin' will feature ............. Dave Lucas, Dave Welding, Cliffe Steele, Terry Wright, Rob Kay Denmac & myself, whilst the

Northern Room sees appearances from, Keith Banks, John Poole, Ted Massey, Nige Brown Dave Welding, Cliffe Steele & Rob Kay

Hope to see you there

Kev

Still finding out how too do this, so hopefully i have got it right ??

Nicely put Kev, Goldsoul does promote the monthly soul nights at RR pavillion on the 1st Friday of the month,the Bank Holiday's are a seperate promotion team and is as it has for the last 4 to 5 years or how ever long it is !!.

Anyway got that cleared up, really looking forward too the first of 3 in 2011, got a great line up for this the first and as ever something for everybody

Record dealers welcome, get in touch and i will organise a table

The fun starts at 4pm till 12.30am.

Hello Mr Welding :rolleyes:

It'll be very nice to see you and the lovely Louise again, hope you're both ok.

Before anyone asks ...... I think Rob & Keith are just putting the finishing touches to the dj times, so ....... either Rob or I will post as soon as it's sorted.

Hope you all had a great weekend and looking forward to seeing lots of you on Sunday ............... and don't forget, bring lots of money ( or swaps!), 'cos there should be lots of vinyl on offer, although Chris Anderton can't make it this time.

Kev

Hi Dave & Louise,

Hope you had a good time at the weekend, Dave i'm sure you'll manage with your box, just close your eyes and pull one out !!! everyone's a winner in there !!

Table set aside for you, Simon Hunt called tonight, he wants a table saving so looking good on the vinyl front

Just got to catch up with a couple of the Guest's and will be sorted regarding times, will post it then.

Looking forward to seeing everybody on Sunday.

Fun starts at 4pm till 12.30am for a fiver !!

Rob.

always a good turn out in the groovin room it,s been along time since the last one

so looking forward to this plus i get to spin a few of me favorites early doors so you can expect a good

acroos the board mix from 70,s to new stuff, so i,ll be enjoying myself along with a few real ales,

got to be a good way to spend a sunday me thinks.

see,s you all sunday

regards

dave lucas

Looking forward to this one, with another great line up, in both rooms, this is a fantastic venue, see ya there.

After a great August Bank Holiday event with over 400 attending,Rolls Royce Derby is holding it,s 16th Mini All Dayer on Sunday 24th April 4-00 pm till 12-30am. This is a 2 Room event. Room 1 Northern Soul, Motown. DJ,s Ted Massey, John Poole(Prestatyn), Nige Brown, Cliffe Steele,Rob Kay, plus resident DJ Keith Banks , plus guests.

Room 2 Modern and Crossover, DJ,s Rob Kay, Cliffe Steele,Terry Wright,Dave Welding,Denmac, & Kev Rodgers. Great 450 capacity venue,sprung dancefloor air conditioned,always well attended, massive car park, £5-00 OTD,Record dealers welcome(reserve a table),hot and cold food available, get there early,see flyer for directions,sat nav postcode DE249HY, for info email stevenbanks2002@hotmail.com

As Promised, Dj times are......

Room 1 Classic's from every year !!!!!!

4.00-5.00 Keith

5.00-6.00 Dave Welding

6.00-7.30 Rob K & Keith

7.30-8.30 Cliff Steele

8.30-9.30 Nige Brown

9.30-10.30 Ted Massey

10.30-11.30 John poole

11.30-12.30 Keith

Close

Room 2 Xover 70's Etc 60's midtempo etc

4.00-5.00 Dave Lucas

5.00-9.30 Rob K, Denmac & Kev Rodgers, Don't know what times we will be on ???, bit of a pick'n'mix, will need a few wee breaks & purchase more beer breaks !!!

9.30-10.30 Terry Wright

10.30-11.30 Dave Welding

11.30-12.30 Cliff Steele

Close

Hope this is helpful, Hope to you see lots of old friends and make some new

4.00 till 12.30 for a fiver

Post code DE24 9HY

Happy Easter

Rob.

Guest Derbyshire Bint

Hi Rob

Put us down for a sales table will you :lol:

Been a while since I've played in two different rooms hope I don't get my Dj boxes mixed up! laugh.gif

Dave

Ouch!!! Sounds like that could be painful Dave. :wub:

I'm dying to know which room will you will be wearing floral and which room will be striped or plain. Are they fitted or loose???? Oh sorry, my mind is wandering now ! rolleyes.gif It's the heat!! sweatingbullets.gif

As Promised, Dj times are......

Room 1 Classic's from every year !!!!!!

4.00-5.00 Keith

5.00-6.00 Dave Welding

6.00-7.30 Rob K & Keith

7.30-8.30 Cliff Steele

8.30-9.30 Nige Brown

9.30-10.30 Ted Massey

10.30-11.30 John poole

11.30-12.30 Keith

Close

Room 2 Xover 70's Etc 60's midtempo etc

4.00-5.00 Dave Lucas

5.00-9.30 Rob K, Denmac & Kev Rodgers, Don't know what times we will be on ???, bit of a pick'n'mix, will need a few wee breaks & purchase more beer breaks !!!

9.30-10.30 Terry Wright

10.30-11.30 Dave Welding

11.30-12.30 Cliff Steele

Close

Hope this is helpful, Hope to you see lots of old friends and make some new

4.00 till 12.30 for a fiver

Post code DE24 9HY

Happy Easter

Rob.

Hi Robert

Heres to a Great Dayer Tomorrow at this Fabbo Venue!! thumbsup.gif

With the two rooms and line ups im sure theyl be something to please all !!:lol:thumbup.gif

Looking forward to seeya ya bro :wub:

Nige

Hi Nige, Dave & Vicki,

Yes i'm sure ther will be something for everyone, hectic weekend for you, hope you're on Bio-fuel !!!

Dave, sure you've got a upbeat different funky mix of the Young Rascals, possibly a W/D, give it a spin, not sure what room though ??

Vicki, Have it from Dave that he is going to go for the leopard skin "box" in BOTH rooms.

See everybody tomorrow.

Rob

Ouch!!! Sounds like that could be painful Dave. :wub:

I'm dying to know which room will you will be wearing floral and which room will be striped or plain. Are they fitted or loose???? Oh sorry, my mind is wandering now ! rolleyes.gif It's the heat!! sweatingbullets.gif

Hi Vicki, it must be sun stroke that's making you talk a complete pile of pants!laugh.gif

P.S I always go commando :lol:

Dave

Dave, come on, Louise did tell me,in confidence, that you always fancied one of those "manhatten" strips, don't know if that's spelt write ?

ps.

Don't know how to do those orange face things......

See you & Louise tomorrow mate.

Fun starts at 4pm till 12.30am

Rob.

Don't know how to do those orange face things......

Don't they have tanning booth's where you live Rob

If not, there's always a St. Tropez tan blush.gifblush.gif or if your really common try using gravy browning ( a money saving tip of Vicki's) :D

Looking forward to catching up with you all later for a good Groovin! (as well as getting a good kick in the boxes courtesy of Vicki! :yes::huh:

Dave :hatsoff2:

Fantastic day in store at Rolls Royce Derby

Super Club, Super line-up in both rooms

Back in the playoffs (what a good day to be in Derby)

(PS Andy from Loughborough your boys took a hell of a beating....oops)

Looking forward to catching up with my mate Nige again

No shorts though Nige :hatsoff2:

Save them for the Spanish Mainland in November!!!!!

Ayup Mr Poole!!

Be scaered very,,, scared,,,, gone a bit cooler at moment but if it hots up later might don me Mankini!!

Laterss

N xx

post-1851-0-44310800-1303636999_thumb.jp