Missgoldie

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great record. Can't for the life of me remember where/how the re-presses came about. Didn't Garry Cape have something to do with legitimate re-presses from the Paula catalogue? (apologies if I'm wrong Garry!) There's been a few re-pressed 45s from that catalogue I believe over the years - Wasn't the uniques re-pressed a few times also? Any others?

Edited by harrogatesoul
Social source share

Guest soulchasers

I think it was the label owner Stan Lewis who pressed them up, they used to have an ad running in Goldmine @ late 80's /early 90's, i bought a few of the Charlie 'Cole Black' Brown 45's from him and they were the later pressings.

Edited by soulchasers
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Ah yes remember those now. the Charlie Coles were the ones i was thinking about. Wasn't that unreleased at the time? Or is my mind playing tricks on me again?

Rich, as far as I understand it from John Ridley's site Charlie (Cole Black) Brown was originally a demo only. Garry Cape upon visiting Stan Lewis in the late 80's persuaded him to press them up. Apparantly the represses were a slightly lighter shade of colour.

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Rich, as far as I understand it from John Ridley's site Charlie (Cole Black) Brown was originally a demo only. Garry Cape upon visiting Stan Lewis in the late 80's persuaded him to press them up. Apparantly the represses were a slightly lighter shade of colour.

Nope, it also got issued as well. Its virtually the same as the original demo, but without the "promotional not for sale" text and is styrene whereas the re-issue is vinyl. I put up a scan of it a few years ago and even Garry commented that he hadn't seen one before. Cliff Steel's also got one and I would assume a few others too.

Heres the link to the thread:

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

It's a 72 LP track that was pressed on a 45 for the first time around 20 years ago (from memory).

Don't believe its been pressed again since (to my knowledge).

Played it on and off many times over the years.

Seems to be getting talked about a lot these days though.

Nice little tune.

Sean

I just misread that as "It's a 72 track LP that was pressed on a 45" and was like :thumbsup: lol

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Nope, it also got issued as well. Its virtually the same as the original demo, but without the "promotional not for sale" text and is styrene whereas the re-issue is vinyl. I put up a scan of it a few years ago and even Garry commented that he hadn't seen one before. Cliff Steel's also got one and I would assume a few others too.

Heres the link to the thread:

Hi John, thanks for the correction and thread link.

Always learning

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!