Sonic Soul➢ - Lutterworth - (Hot On The Heels)

Guest Northern PhanTom

Guest Northern PhanTom

"Hot on the Heels" of last months phenomenal return to "The Wycliffe Rooms" its "Sonic Souls" second instalment of 2011 on Friday 25th February.

This month we will be joined behind the decks by special guest DJ's "Karl & Marco" of "Wicksteed Parks" "Simply Soul". They were also promoters of the highly successful "Desborough Ritz" soul nights which ran for 8 years in "The Noughties". They have also been involved with many events in around the Kettering area for many years as well as DJing nationally. :ohmy:

We would also like to welcome Rob Gray to the rotating DJ line up at "Sonic Soul". Rob is also a resident at "The Stute" & "Ibstock" soul nights and is well known both locally and nationally having DJ'd at many events in the midlands over the years. :lol:

Back from last year is "Mr Everywhere" Ian James. When it comes to where has he DJ'd its more a case of where he has not, also attends soul events/nighters up and down the country supporting even when he is not behind the decks. :g:

Making up the numbers as usual (but there by their own right as quality spinners) are Pat Wallace & Ralph Forster.

We run from 7 til 1/finish, with a late bar.

Have a talc friendly dance floor, although most say it's not required.

Ample free parking, at rear of the venue.

Admission £5

Easy access from M1-J20/M6-J1

Full address and post code is:

THE WYCLIFFE ROOMS

GEORGE STREET

LUTTERWORTH

LEICESTERSHIRE

LE17 4ED

Contact Info

Pat - 07903 756026

Tom - 07949 156800

Anyone wishing to stay over in Lutterworth can receive a discount at "The Greyhound Coaching Inn" (see link below) and mention "Sonic Soul" when booking.

www.greyhoundinn.co.uk

Tom :D

post-17380-0-61544100-1297396214_thumb.p

• Replies 63
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest boddington

Hi Tom,

really looking forward to this night at Sonic Soul, and the Simply Soul boys will be ready for record deck action spinning that rare vinyl. We will see you all there so lets bring it on :yes::no::)

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Tom,

really looking forward to this night at Sonic Soul, and the Simply Soul boys will be ready for record deck action spinning that rare vinyl. We will see you all there so lets bring it on :hatsoff2::ohmy::yes:

Hi Karl looking forward to seeing you and Marco behind the decks at Sonic Soul. :P

Tom :lol:

Guest boddington

Hi Tom

Will be nice to catch up with you all for a nice chinwag, have a nice feeling this could be a busy night . Will spread the Soulful word around for you and Pat.:hatsoff2:

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Tom

Will be nice to catch up with you all for a nice chinwag, have a nice feeling this could be a busy night . Will spread the Soulful word around for you and Pat.:thumbsup:

Cheers Karl, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Tom wink.gif

It seems like only last night when we held the last SONIC SOUL. This months guests and all resident DJs are up for it and gonna bring some tasty tunes.

If you have not been before you are sure of a good welcome.

We doubled the population of Lutterworth last time (Well almost) with Mr Ted Massy. This time up it's Karl and Marco top blokes with top tunage.

Can't wait.

Pat

Guest boddington

Hi Pat,

We'll be there with a full posse of soulies its getting close now to this great soul event, have some nice crossover 70s to play out on the record decks :hatsoff2::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi..I'm hoping to get myself along to this for the first time and will try and get a couple pals along. Might have a spare seat in the car, so if anyone wants a lift from Rushden / Higham and back then let me know (but bear in mind I don't drive a mini bus!).no.gif

In meantime, looking forward to what I expect will be another great night at The Ark this coming Friday!rolleyes.gif

Cheers,

Stevethumbsup.gif

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi..I'm hoping to get myself along to this for the first time and will try and get a couple pals along. Might have a spare seat in the car, so if anyone wants a lift from Rushden / Higham and back then let me know (but bear in mind I don't drive a mini bus!).no.gif

In meantime, looking forward to what I expect will be another great night at The Ark this coming Friday!rolleyes.gif

Cheers,

Stevethumbsup.gif

Hi Steve

Always great to see new faces at Sonic Soul as well as hardened regulars. :thumbsup: Look forward to the arrival of your mini bus, thumbsup.gif hope you have a PSV license. :D

All the best

Tom :huh:

Guest mellytee

Hi Tom, Pat & Therese

Looking forward to the next outing to Lutterworth-sur-la-mer laugh.gif Word is spreading about this little treasue.....may ask Eddie Hubbard for a lift or even Charlie and Tom otherwise, will come over by myself - it is that friendly!!!:thumbup:

See you soon

Mel xxx

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Tom, Pat & Therese

Looking forward to the next outing to Lutterworth-sur-la-mer laugh.gif Word is spreading about this little treasue.....may ask Eddie Hubbard for a lift or even Charlie and Tom otherwise, will come over by myself - it is that friendly!!!biggrin.gif

See you soon

Mel xxx

Thank you for the kind words Mel, I'm sure someone will be "Lutterworth Bound" hatsoff2.gif

Tom wink.gif

Hi Tom, Pat & Therese

Looking forward to the next outing to Lutterworth-sur-la-mer laugh.gif Word is spreading about this little treasue.....may ask Eddie Hubbard for a lift or even Charlie and Tom otherwise, will come over by myself - it is that friendly!!!:thumbup:

See you soon

Mel xxx

Hi Mel

We are that friendly "if I had friends they would tell you so":D Hope to arrive with a golfers tan. Landing at Liverpool airport at 2pm and then a dash to sunny Lutterworth.

Had a couple of calls about music policy. You get the lot at SONIC SOUL. Great 60s 70s and beyond.

Looking forward to another good one :D

Pat

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Mel

We are that friendly "if I had friends they would tell you so":D Hope to arrive with a golfers tan. Landing at Liverpool airport at 2pm and then a dash to sunny Lutterworth.

Had a couple of calls about music policy. You get the lot at SONIC SOUL. Great 60s 70s and beyond.

Looking forward to another good one :D

Pat

"Is that right Pat"? :yes: ............................................. For your set this month every tune you play, (Either "THE TITLE" or "THE ARTIST") is going to have the word................. FOUR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ...............in it. :thumbsup:

Have a nice break :yes:

Tom :yes:

Guest Northern PhanTom

i'm looking forward to my 1st spot behind the decks at the Wycliffe rooms, see you soon

Rob....:D

Hi Rob,

Welcome on board "The Sonic Soul Train" :yes:

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hey Tom

Not only FOUR before it mate I will PUT my all into it whilst playing the DRIVING beat that is Northern soul. Is your turn to get the CHIPS, make sure I have some GREENS.

Did you follow all that :thumbsup:

By the way The postman has been :thumbsup:

Hi Pat,

you may look a bit like "HH"................. but with those one liners.......................don't give up the day job :D

Tom :thumbsup:

Guest mellytee

Went home to Bromsgrove St George's Soul Club do last night and spread the word of next friday's Sonic Soul!!!!:D:yes: Give me some flyers for the next one and I will do the honours.......for a very reasonable fee I feel!!!!:yes: My lift is sorted courtesy of Mr Tabs Esq; (Thanks petal :lol: ):D me, Shirley, Tom and Charles all speeding our way over to Lutterworth on friday....cant wait.

See you all friday

Mel xxxx

Guest Northern PhanTom

Went home to Bromsgrove St George's Soul Club do last night and spread the word of next friday's Sonic Soul!!!!blink.gif:yes: Give me some flyers for the next one and I will do the honours.......for a very reasonable fee I feel!!!!:lol: My lift is sorted courtesy of Mr Tabs Esq; (Thanks petal blush.gif ):lol: me, Shirley, Tom and Charles all speeding our way over to Lutterworth on friday....cant wait.

See you all friday

Mel xxxx

Great to see "The Banbury Posse" over again this month. :thumbsup:

See you all friday :hatsoff2:

Tom wink.gif

Guest Northern PhanTom

if anyone wants me to bring any of the 45s that Lynn posted on the playlist that i spun at the Stute then just let me know cos i usually take my "last" played records out

ATB, & see you Fri......Rob :hatsoff2:

Enjoyed it that much Rob :yes:

Could hear them all again :lol:

Tom :thumbsup:

Guest SoulRenaissance

Failed the las two weekends, but trying to make sure for Friday night. Looking forward to hearing Mr Grey's selection especially, as it's been a long long while since i last heard him.

Speeding, has a few connotations Mel. :ohmy:

But I will drive at the legal limit.

Well possibly. :lol:

Went home to Bromsgrove St George's Soul Club do last night and spread the word of next friday's Sonic Soul!!!!:D:thumbsup: Give me some flyers for the next one and I will do the honours.......for a very reasonable fee I feel!!!!:lol: My lift is sorted courtesy of Mr Tabs Esq; (Thanks petal :D ):thumbsup: me, Shirley, Tom and Charles all speeding our way over to Lutterworth on friday....cant wait.

See you all friday

Mel xxxx

Speeding, has a few connotations Mel. :thumbsup:

But I will drive at the legal limit.

Well possibly. :thumbsup:

Well I had talked myself out of coming on Friday, even said to Tom & Therese that I didn't think I'd make it..

I just woke up to a message from Sian saying that her plans had changed & she'll now be at Lutterworth & Tabs I missed you last month so I really think I should talk myself back into joining you all..!!

See you all on Friday..

Claire xxx

ps I shall be on my own so you'll all have to look after me!! Xx

Edited by Claire S

That is good news Claire.

It will be great to see you again. :thumbsup:

Can't remember the last time - was it when your avatar photo was taken?

And it will be a pleasure to look after you.

Safe journey down and see you on Friday.

xx

Well I had talked myself out of coming on Friday, even said to Tom & Therese that I didn't think I'd make it..

I just woke up to a message from Sian saying that her plans had changed & she'll now be at Lutterworth & Tabs I missed you last month so I really think I should talk myself back into joining you all..!!

See you all on Friday..

Claire xxx

That is good news Claire.

It will be great to see you again. :thumbsup:

Can't remember the last time - was it when your avatar photo was taken?

And it will be a pleasure to look after you.

Safe journey down and see you on Friday.

xx

Yes it was Stafford the last time I saw you ..

Really looking forward to seeing you again ..

& it will be a pleasure to have you look after me ...

See you Friday & you drive carefully too ..

Claire xxx

At least you'll be easier to look after than some of the rebrobates I've taken charge of lately...:lol:

Lucky you, I see him most weekends...:lol:

Not so disappointed that my other plans went belly up, as I can now get along to Lutterworth...:thumbsup:

But you do fill the soul bus with some dodgy characters.

Window lickers on tour springs to mind.. :lol:

At least you'll be easier to look after than some of the rebrobates I've taken charge of lately...:lol:

Lucky you, I see him most weekends...:lol:

Not so disappointed that my other plans went belly up, as I can now get along to Lutterworth...:thumbsup:

That's nearly a year - where has the time gone?

See you in a few days.

xx

Really looking forward to seeing you again ..

& it will be a pleasure to have you look after me ...

See you Friday & you drive carefully too ..

Claire xxx

Guest Northern PhanTom

which ones did you like best Tom so i can bring them for you

ATB...Rob :thumbsup:

Will have a proper look on the pc tonight when I get back from work.

Will also post DJ times.

Tom

Guest mellytee

:(Looks like Tabs' Entourage will be in force on Friday!! Now, no fighting over him girls :P:D Enjoyed the last 2 Sonic Soul events massively and only have to wait another 48 hours for Round 3!!!:yes: Gave you a few shouts last night on Nick Turveys Shades of Soul Radio Show so who knows will turn up :lol::thumbsup::( I have even found my membership card so do I get a free Becks on arrival Tom???:D See you all friday

Mel xxx

Guest Northern PhanTom

DJ Times For Friday

7:00 - 7:30 - Pat Wallace

7:30 - 8:30 - Ralph Forster

8:30 - 9:15 - Rob Gray

9:15 - 10:00 - Ian James

10:00 - 10:45 - Pat Wallace

10:45 - 12:00 - Karl & Marco

12:00 - 12:30 - Rob Gray

12:30 - 01:00 - Ian James

well all you lucky ppl...sonic soul is definately THE place to be on the 25th...a real shame ill be sat in a pub with a load of eggheads doing a quiz

have a great night..im sure with that line up the place will be rocking

atb moldie

Guest Northern PhanTom

Just seen the times that Toms put up, (thanks Tom), the record box will be locked & loaded for your ears, get the dance shoes polished cos SONIC SOUL is going to be a GREAT night :thumbsup:

See you soon...Rob :yes:

HI Rob,

Hope you don't mind doing 'Two' lock stock and barrels sets? smile.gif

And if Pats up for it and still busy might be another extension :yes:

Guest boddington
:yes: Looking forward to a great night of Soul music, record box ready to go we will see you all tomorrow night. The Simply Soul boys are all ready for DJ: action behind those decks with some real gems to play.:thumbsup:
Guest Northern PhanTom

ohmy.gif Looking forward to a great night of Soul music, record box ready to go we will see you all tomorrow night. The Simply Soul boys are all ready for DJ: action behind those decks with some real gems to play.:thumbsup:

Looks like the A14 Will be busy tomorrow night :yes: