New Century Soul Manchester Allnighter

Radcliffe Civic Suite,

Thomas Street

Radcliffe,

MANCHESTER,

M26 2UH

9pm till 8am

Main Hall

DJ's Andy Dyson, Kev Murphy, Steve Thomas, Bob Hinsley, Chris King, Ginger Taylor, Wigan Paul,

Jackie Harris and Little Scotty

Room Two

Three Before One: 10pm til 1am

with John McClure, Sean Haydon and Paul Hamer

Then:

Steve 'Hoss' Watson's Rhythm & Blues Suite: 1am til 7am

DJ's Roger Banks, Bob Morris, Hoss, Andy Pollard & Southern Sam

Room Three

SOULVATION: 10pm til 3am

DJ's Residents Night Neil Rushton, Steve Woomble & Terry Gee

Then:

Soul Or Nothing: 3am til 7am

DJ's Steve Cato, Big George, Craig Smith, Danny Duggan and Adam Leaver

£10 OTD with a £3 refund if you wish to leave before 3am

Info Contact Chris 07737 341585 Or Via our website www.newcenturysoul.co.uk

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by Chris Waterman
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just to let all you Radcliffers know, we'll be celebrating the BIG birthday (not gonna say which one, we'll let him tell u if he wants to!) of all-round top geezer Terry Gee in the Soulvation Modern Room! Terry will be joining Neil and myself to spin the tunes in his own indomitable style, and about bloody time too!

So, as I have oft been quoted as saying....... Lets ave it!! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to our little back room again...

Danny Duggan aint gonna be there, i hope to have him guest at some time in the future...

So its the Funky Plumber... Big George.... The return of my old resident Adam Leaver and myself...

Look forward to it all as ever hatsoff2.gif

With both Craig and Adam on, musically this will be the best one yet I reckon. The Plumber's been buying big and Adam's been squirelling away some major league heavy hitters both known and unknown...

Edited by George M
Guest Chris Waterman

all looking good for for radciffe this sat , full boogie bus ....booked ,so MR W HOLD OUR TABLE AT ALL COST

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND WHEN DOING DJ ROTA`A WE LOSE AN HOUR :huh:

Table sorted kidda, and I had forgotten about the clocks, I won't tell the venue management if you don't

Guest Sean Haydon

Been looking forward to this for agesthumbsup.gif

Our Soul Sister Jackie Harris tells me she's kicking off the night in the main room. We've been going through her set, this girl has some serious soul to spin. She'll warm up the night perfectly, certainly not for the faint hearted ! wink.gif

If you fancy something a bit different? Come and have a listen (and dance) to some serious funky edged soul stuff that i'll be playing in the 3 before 1 room.

With the DJ line up and the people who tell me they're coming, we should be in for a great night!

Can't wait till Saturday

See you there, Sean

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi All,

Just a quick update on Saturday's niter, As Sean posted a little earlier, Jackie Harris from Wolverhampton will be doing the opening spot in the main room, heard Jackie do a spot in Cannock a few months back and she will certainly get the folk on the floor early doors.

Also guesting this month in the Main Hall, we are joined by Ginger, Chris King, Wigan Paul, Andy Garside and Little Scotty along with our residents Steve Thomas, Kev Murphy, Andy Dyson and Bob Hinsley, that lot will keep you dancing all night, but don't worry you have got all day Sunday to sleep!!

If you fancy something a little different we have 3 guys in the 'Three Before One' room, Sean Haydon and John McClure are known to most of you who frequent that room, Paul Hamer is one of my favourite collectors, mad as a March Hare, but got some wonderful tunes.

Then the room moves to Hoss, Roger and Bob's current R&B floor fillers and they are assisted this month by Andy Pollard and Southern Sam.

Neil and Steve in the SOULVATION room are joined by Terry Gee and Bob Hinsley, the Modern room never let us down, so if that two step thing is your bag, then you won't go far wrong.

Steve Cato's 'Soul Or Nothing' will carry you through the wee small hours with their blend of gritty and down right dirty soul, Steve and Big George have Craig Smith and Adam Leaver guesting and that gives you one hell of a big hitting 'SON' tag team.

As always anyone wanting a dealer table needs to pm or post up here, have about three left,

Hope to see some of you in Manchester Saturday

til then

Best

Chris W

Edited by Chris Waterman

Do the clocks changing have any bearing on our 3am start time..????

Got a nice crowd coming along, a few first timers....

Really pleased to have Adam back playing at Soul Or Nothing, also the return of my favourite plumber :hatsoff2:

Beware

The Hen party for Hanna :thumbsup: will be doing the rounds.. Plus Roddy as the minder :unsure:

Event Title: New Century Soul Manchester Allnighter

Event Author: Chris Waterman

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 26 March 2011

-------------------------------------------------

post-900-0-08064900-1298711653_thumb.jpg

Saturday March 26th

New Century Soul Manchester Allnighter

Radcliffe Civic Suite,

Thomas Street

Radcliffe,

MANCHESTER,

M26 2UH

9pm till 8am

Main Hall

DJ's Andy Dyson, Kev Murphy, Steve Thomas, Bob Hinsley, Chris King, Ginger Taylor, Wigan Paul,

Jackie Harris and Little Scotty

Room Two

Three Before One: 10pm til 1am

with John McClure, Sean Haydon and Paul Hamer

Then:

Steve 'Hoss' Watson's Rhythm & Blues Suite: 1am til 7am

DJ's Roger Banks, Bob Morris, Hoss, Andy Pollard & Southern Sam

Room Three

SOULVATION: 10pm til 3am

DJ's Residents Night Neil Rushton, Steve Woomble & Terry Gee

Then:

Soul Or Nothing: 3am til 7am

DJ's Steve Cato, Big George, Craig Smith, Danny Duggan and Adam Leaver

£10 OTD with a £3 refund if you wish to leave before 3am

Info Contact Chris 07737 341585 Or Via our website www.newcenturysoul.co.uk

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Ready and rolling ...all welcome for a fine nite of music and fun ,c u all in the playground !

Guest kid mohair

Do the clocks changing have any bearing on our 3am start time..????

Got a nice crowd coming along, a few first timers....

Really pleased to have Adam back playing at Soul Or Nothing, also the return of my favourite plumber :thumbsup:

Beware

The Hen party for Hanna :no: will be doing the rounds.. Plus Roddy as the minder :lol:

Its the first time ive known you to worry about time :lol: see ya there my friend...:lol:

Looking forward to this.

Timetable in the Modern Room

10pm - Bob HInsley

Midnight - Steve Woomble

1am - Terry Gee CELEBRATING HIS 50TH BIFRTHDAY!!!!

2am - Neil Rushton

3am finish

Just sorted out some good stuff to play including -

Soul Redemption - Westcoast Soulcrew (pre-release CDR)

Everyday (Yass Mix) - Ziggy Funk ft Taliwa (Foiliage)

Dangerous Vibes (Spen & Karizma Main Mix) - Ferry Ultra Feat. Roy Ayers

Folow The Wind (Mr.K Edit) - Midnight Movers (Strut)

See you there,

Neil

Well another brilliant allnighter, I arrived about 10pm and the main room was rather quiet but by 11 it was quite full and remained so all night. I stayed in the modern room for the full Soulvation set, this room was busy all night and soo hot, Neil Steve and crew played some excellent Soulful house tunes (Terry Gee, Papa Was A Rolling Stone House Mix), I then stayed for another hour or so to listen to Steve Cato and company playing their funky tunes, not quite my cup of tea but i gave it a try, I must say what a following of younger smartly dressed lad and girls in the room for that session some good dancers as well.

It was then off back in the main room for the rest of the evening, the last hour was really good though by then the old legs had had enough. End of the night and the lights slowly came on and everyone looked light scared rabbits to the tune of Cajun Heart "Gotta Find A way".

Brilliant, though the night was marred by some breakins of cars on the car park.

Edited by Peter

Cajun heart was my very last dance.... not sure how I managed to pick my feet up at that juncture but it was calling me to the floor so I just had to! I was even making tree shapes :yes: :yes:

And yes, the young men were extremely lovely :D

My rather uninventive review, photos and a tune is up... >>> Here <<<

Thank you to all organisers - very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Definitely best night yet in our room for me. One thing that's often lacking in a typical soul dj's set is flow, and Adam's set moved like a proper journey - plus he did it without even seeming like he was trying, & managed to throw I think 5 killer cover ups into the mix too. What a shame he only plays out about once a year these days. Craig dropped bomb after bomb blast, it felt like he ran through about a third of my wants list over his two sets. A nice balance between little known beasts and all time favourites - dancing to Record Player all these years after it was a Keb anthem for me in Nottingham once a month, I think I finally came to realise how people must feel about big northern oldies. Anyway the feedback has been incredible & we surely appreciate the support, especially the long distance travellers.

Thanks to everyone for making our SOULVATION room such a success, was busy all-night, one of our best yet at Radcliffe.

Special thanks to Terry Gee and everyone else celebrating their birthdays.

And the record bars were as good as ever, finally got an Eddie Purrell on Volt whtie demo!

All The Best,

Neil

Definitely best night yet in our room for me. One thing that's often lacking in a typical soul dj's set is flow, and Adam's set moved like a proper journey - plus he did it without even seeming like he was trying, & managed to throw I think 5 killer cover ups into the mix too. What a shame he only plays out about once a year these days. Craig dropped bomb after bomb blast, it felt like he ran through about a third of my wants list over his two sets. A nice balance between little known beasts and all time favourites - dancing to Record Player all these years after it was a Keb anthem for me in Nottingham once a month, I think I finally came to realise how people must feel about big northern oldies. Anyway the feedback has been incredible & we surely appreciate the support, especially the long distance travellers.

That room was brilliant George , yourself and Craig ,Adam and Steve played some incredible music .The whole night was superb TBH ....many thanks to Chris ,Marcelle and everyone involved ...cheers ,Eddie

Have to agree with my learn-ed colleague and chauffeur on the night.

The atmosphere in that room was magical.

Well done to all the organisers for another superb Radcliffe experience. hatsoff2.gif

That room was brilliant George , yourself and Craig ,Adam and Steve played some incredible music .The whole night was superb TBH ....many thanks to Chris ,Marcelle and everyone involved ...cheers ,Eddie

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi All,

A great big thank you to all who came up on Saturday night, great turn out again, few of the regular faces missing, but as always blown away with all the first timers.

Thanks to all the DJ's in all the rooms for doing what you do.

On Saturday we had a visit from the local scumbags who broke into 5 cars in the bottom car park and along with the car windows being smashed they stole a few items, we have recovered some of the items and we need to contact a couple of car owners, if anyone knows the couple driving the Silver Merc and the owner of the Golf, please send me contact details via PM.

One of our patrons had their record box taken from the boot of their car and we will list what is missing in the next few days and NCS will offer a £250 no questions asked reward, for their safe return.

We will be bringing in extra all night security to man the car parks at Radcliffe for all future events to make sure this does not happen again.

We can only apoligise for the hassle this has caused our patrons and will do our upmost to help return thier missing belongings.

if anyone knows of second hand stalls, shops in the Radcliffe, Bury, Preswich area then please post up details so that I can contact with reward details

many thanks

Chris W

Such an awful thing to happen. Similar happened at Middleton a couple of years ago except the local scally's torched the cars afterwards! I hope the stolen items are recovered :thumbsup:

didnt arrive until around 2am from Burscough British Legion, but when we got there the place was buzzin', stayed in the main room in between ventures to the bar and record bar! fantastic tunes played all nite, too many to mention but The Crow did it for me, not heard that out in years!

caught up with loadsa old friends, and managed to pick up a copy of the Jades on Poncello at last!!

sadly will miss the May BH niter but looking forward to the July one already :thumbsup:

Just remembered one of several tunes that stood out on the night, in the R&B room early on played by chap called John i believe. GLADYS kNIGHT (title escapes me). the MARTHA BASS gospel tune ive been born agan played by Hoss i guess around seven. and a little something ROGER BANKS played on his spot about 5, either the penultmate or the last i cant remember. someone called floyd. maybe, uptempo ,maybe chicago, big ,brassy ,one hes had for a long time but not played out much in recent years.. it was northern soul anyway!!!! Hugely enjoyable time spent in there.

Just remembered one of several tunes that stood out on the night, in the R&B room early on played by chap called John i believe. GLADYS kNIGHT (title escapes me). the MARTHA BASS gospel tune ive been born agan played by Hoss i guess around seven. and a little something ROGER BANKS played on his spot about 5, either the penultmate or the last i cant remember. someone called floyd. maybe, uptempo ,maybe chicago, big ,brassy ,one hes had for a long time but not played out much in recent years.. it was northern soul anyway!!!! Hugely enjoyable time spent in there.

Hi mate,think that was me in the r and b room,the track was Gladys Tyler,a little bitty girl on Decca.

Hi mate,think that was me in the r and b room,the track was Gladys Tyler,a little bitty girl on Decca.

No it was your alter-ego Sam laugh.gif

Thanks again for a great Radcliffe, R&B room was great as usual and the Soul Or Nothing room blew my mind (as usual!). Amazing stuff played by Adam, Craig, George and of course Steve! hatsoff2.gif

I remember a track called something like Lavells - Found A New Love but can't find anything out about it, can anyone help me? I might be way off! rolleyes.gif

I remember a track called something like Lavells - Found A New Love but can't find anything out about it, can anyone help me? I might be way off! rolleyes.gif

??maybe the Re-Vells 'I Want A New Love' on Trent Town - I didn't hear it myself mind...

really enjoyed ther nite - Sean H and John Mc in the middle room and George And Adam in the other - all great stuff.

No it was your alter-ego Sam :thumbsup:

Thanks again for a great Radcliffe, R&B room was great as usual and the Soul Or Nothing room blew my mind (as usual!). Amazing stuff played by Adam, Craig, George and of course Steve! hatsoff2.gif

Yeah he's called northern Ned my alter ego :D

• 2 weeks later...