Jackie Wilson

caseoftyme

Hi y'all

Hope someone can help

Got a version of Sweetest Feelin Jackie Wilson and Erma Franklin. He sings the first line, she sings the second etc etc.

Someone sent me an mp3, JW (I presume it's him, sounds like him..) sings the first TWO lines, female sings the next TWO lines. Is this also JW & EF

Any help would be appreciated

I could put clips up, but not 'till later in the day

cheers

Rob

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

think its on Jayboy or soul HQ... have a look when I get home.

This was done by a lad from Bedford called Tony Warot, probably about 15years ago ..... in his bedroom would you believe!!

It took him YEARS to get it just right, as one - Erma Franklin i think - was slightly faster.

An amazing achievement without doubt. Fantastic!

Is this straight up whistling.gif

Social source share

This was done by a lad from Bedford called Tony Warot, probably about 15years ago ..... in his bedroom would you believe!!

It took him YEARS to get it just right, as one - Erma Franklin i think - was slightly faster.

An amazing achievement without doubt. Fantastic!

Your quite right Joan me old mucker Tony, has some good storys to tell on this, he did it by cutting the tapes and sticking them together, he's also done a few other 'cut and shut' things such as 'do i love you'

You would think this was really made as a duet record whistling.gif

Social source share

An amazing achievement without doubt. Fantastic

Yes spot on Joan,except it was about 20 years ago & Tony gave me the first tape which I had cut on to Acetate & used to play @ Buzzard, Still have it, the other that he done where Frankie Beverly "If Thats What You Wanted" which he had edited so it had longer intro & different breaks in it probably the first whistling.gif Northern Soul Remix :lol: the other was Screaming Jay Hawkins "I Put a Spell on You" which tony made it so it was danceable all the way through.... well ahead of his time was our Mr Worot

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

Blimey gonna dig it out tonight and spin it.... always thought it was a duet.

Funniest thing.. he done all that and some dj's can't even follow one record after another.. wacko.gif

Got a tape of his at home some where, its all mixed with radio station adverts and jingles on it some of them are hillarious, Tony mixes with some class oldies will have to dig it out now whistling.gif

Social source share

Baz you will have to dig it out and send me one :lol:

Come to think of it i left it in Andys van down your way, will get another copyed and send you one whistling.gif

Edited by Baz
Social source share

Got a tape of his at home some where, its all mixed with radio station adverts and jingles on it some of them are hillarious, Tony mixes with some class oldies will have to dig it out now whistling.gif

Yeah ..... those radio ads are hilarious!!

Forgot all about them till you said Baz .... really funny.

Saw Tony a couple of months ago at a do in Bedford.

If anybody see's or speaks to him .... can they ask him to get in touch with me please? Thanks.

Social source share

think its on Jayboy or soul HQ... have a look when I get home.

Just been speaking to Tony regarding this (passed on your message Joan, will PM you his number thumbsup.gif )

tried to get him to sign up and put his two pennys worth on, straight from the horses mouth so to speak! but he's not able to get online for a while, gave me quite an interesting story! Tonys version is still not released and only exists on tapes/cd's and acetate's, the ones released on soul HQ or jayboy are Neil Rustons version........Tony was telling me as he was making this, the lease came up for sale for Brunswick and he was going to get the rights to the song (although he owns the rights to his version) any how after he finnished it the lease had been sold for so many million/billion and bought by Sony, so he was not able to get a official release, there was more to the story but so much to take in.....any way hope a few of you enjoy reading that bit :lol:

Social source share

Just been speaking to Tony regarding this (passed on your message Joan, will PM you his number :lol: )

Some of thes adds are quite Good, The Coca-Cola adds are Brilliant used to use them on a pirate show back in the 80s thumbsup.gif Fontella Bass " Cola-Cola ad to the tune of " Rescue Me" Tom Jones same to the tune of "Its Not Unuaual " Gary Lewis & The Playboys, Wayne Fontana- Supremes..Also Tony done me a brilliant Jingle for my show " You Hearing Things" also Tony West[friend of Paul McKenna] done me the James Bond Jingle with the James Bond Music "this is James Bond whenever I'm in town I listen to Jon Buck"..the only time Tony has ever done this Jingle before was for DLT

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

Some of thes adds are quite Good, The Coca-Cola adds are Brilliant used to use them on a pirate show back in the 80s :) Fontella Bass " Cola-Cola ad to the tune of " Rescue Me" Tom Jones same to the tune of "Its Not Unuaual " Gary Lewis & The Playboys, Wayne Fontana- Supremes..Also Tony done me a brilliant Jingle for my show " You Hearing Things" also Tony West[friend of Paul McKenna] done me the James Bond Jingle with the James Bond Music "this is James Bond whenever I'm in town I listen to Jon Buck"..the only time Tony has ever done this Jingle before was for DLT

Jon Buck

We did the edit that we released on Joe Boy without knowing that Tony had done a version...some people thought we had released Tony's edit but it was our version. Brunswick licenced us the rights to release it on Joe Boy.There were not that many pressed so I guess it will become a rarity in its own right.

We also did a duet style edit I'm The One To Do It - Jackie Wilson/Lavern Baker that I play out sometimes and it actually sounds like they were in the studio together!.

Neil

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!