Guest Paul

• Replies 23
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Cracking tracks....as you already know, I love the arrangement on 'Cry myself to Sleep'! Good luck......

Hello Carl,

I'll try to clarify which musicians were on those sessions. Obviously I can't ask Mike but Jo might remember.

Social source share

Another Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat release from Shotgun!

With a particularly awesome flipside too! :thumbup:

Just keep Shootin' 'em up Paul.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Thanks Sean,

As you know, it wasn't easy to decide which track should be the official A side, I like them both equally.

It's also likely that the album will be issued on CD this year, not necessarily on Shotgun, maybe licensed out to another label.

Best wishes,

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Thanks Sean,

As you know, it wasn't easy to decide which track should be the official A side, I like them both equally.

It's also likely that the album will be issued on CD this year, not necessarily on Shotgun, maybe licensed out to another label.

Best wishes,

Received the 45 at the weekend. Thank you Paul.

Got to say folks, it sounds incredible. The Mastering is Top Notch 45 quality!

Will be great being able to play it out LOUD in future (as opposed to off the album).

Worth mentioning, the big bonus for the Northern Scene is the equally fabulous flipside 'Giving Up My Heartaches'.

This side is a real sleeping Giant for any Northern DJ and a favourite tip of my 'Just Soul' buddy Tats Taylor (a guy with the ears to spot a really good tune, believe me).

This is another superb and well thought out release from Shotgun.

Crossover Monster on the Topside - Sleeping Giant Fingersnapping Northern on the Flip!

Brilliant job mate.

Oughta sell by the shedload.

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Hope the sales are going well for this Paul - fantastic doublesider and great to see it on 45

Cheers

Manus

Thanks Manus, pre-sales are good so it looks like another strong seller.

Social source share

This is a great release. And not only is it now for the first time available on a seven inch single, instead of only being an LP track, it's on a fantastic sounding LOUD seven inch!

Paul kindly sent a test pressing which I played as my last record at Soul In The Square in Holborn on Saturday night, and it went down a storm.

All The Best,

Neil

Edited by NeilRushton1
Social source share

Thanks everyone,

It's out now and selling well but I reckon a lot of 'northern soul' fans are missing out on that great flip side.

Social source share

Where can I get it from Paul?

Hello Steve,

The Shotgun singles are available through all the usual stores and mail order outets but some won't have stock of SHOT 107 for another day or two.

You're also welcome to order direct from Selrec.

Best regards,

Paul

Social source share

Paul received mine on Tues agree with what has been said already brilliant 7" nearly purchased the lp a couple of months ago just for cry myself to sleep glad I waited as the flip is great as well.

Oh and great service Paul thanks for the quick turn round, so if you aint got this 7" yet buy it now :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Paul received mine on Tues agree with what has been said already brilliant 7" nearly purchased the lp a couple of months ago just for cry myself to sleep glad I waited as the flip is great as well.

Oh and great service Paul thanks for the quick turn round, so if you aint got this 7" yet buy it now thumbup.gif

Thanks Gaz :rolleyes:

Social source share

I'm already down to the last few copies of SHOT 107 but another batch is being pressed for delivery next week.

:rolleyes:

I'm totally out of stock now but a new batch will arrive April 13th.

Edited by Paul
Social source share

HI POUL CAN YOU GRAGIVE ME A CALL . MOUSE . BRILLIANT 7"

Hello John, it was a pleasure to catch up.

Let's get together soon

Take care,

Paul

Social source share

At last, the new batch of SHOT 107 is available today and all the usual dealers are now being restocked.

Thanks everyone for all the support.

Best wishes.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!