Blackheart Soul Club

This was our first night at the Blackhearts new venue and what a Fantastic Night it was!!!:ohmy: The three Dj's Dave Evison, Dave Tiswell and Mark Steadman played Superb sets mixing Classic tunes,Underplayed gems and quility oldies from Wigan,The Palais and Stafford.A great mixture of records to suit everybody and it showed with busy dance floor :hatsoff2: A big thank you to everyone who came and supported us including the group who made the trip from Birmingham :P Me and Casper hope to see you next month when our Dj's will be Smudge & Gaz shooter.

KTF Mitch & Casper :yes:

www.blackheartsoul.co.uk

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This was our first night at the Blackhearts new venue and what a Fantastic Night it was!!!:ohmy: The three Dj's Dave Evison, Dave Tiswell and Mark Steadman played Superb sets mixing Classic tunes,Underplayed gems and quility oldies from Wigan,The Palais and Stafford.A great mixture of records to suit everybody and it showed with busy dance floor :hatsoff2: A big thank you to everyone who came and supported us including the group who made the trip from Birmingham :P Me and Casper hope to see you next month when our Dj's will be Smudge & Gaz shooter.

KTF Mitch & Casper :yes:

www.blackheartsoul.co.uk

Other wise engaged last night at our daughters 21st but will be there for the next one for sure Mitch.

Have a good night tonight and we'll see you soon

Steve B

As i didnt have work thought we would pay a vist,cant say much about the venue as i know how good it is as we spent 9 years previous at the place. Anyway without a shadow of a doubt the man of the night ( for me) was Mark Steadman..superb! Walked in when Sandy Hollis was on the decks,i knew from then that we might hear some nice stuff. He played some blinders and really set the night up for us. Well done Mark :hatsoff2:

A healthy turn out and good tunes to boot. All in all an enjoyable night...one gripe...think its a bit unprofessional of a Dj to cut a record off in mid dance......i was really enjoying the Melba Moore as well :lol: ...never mind....

Nice to see Mr Weaver after all this time as well :ohmy:

Cant always get to these Friday night events but im sure i can manage the nighter :yes:

Cheers a nice night was had :P

as mitch has already stated , it was a super night after what was a bit of a worry with so much northern soul "goodness" on localy saturday night :thumbsup: ... a very good turnout and a full dancefloor as the night got hotter n' hotter ... we were pleased with our guest DJ's ... Dave Evison , Dave Tidswell and Mark Steadman ... thank you so very, very much yes.gif the venue is now fully sorted with the lighting .... thank you for the comments from various other promoters on the high quality of the sound re production ... and we really loved the feedback from our customers on the sounds played ... we feel is probably just the right mix for this "dancers domain" of the east midlands :D .. giving a spread to both listen to and dance, coupled with that delightful feeling of " I ain't heard that for ages " as a smile hits your face :D

I did not notice any dj take a record off before it's end ? ( but as a promoter there is so much to think about on the night lol so could well have missed it ? :thumbsup: ) all the dj's were as you can see , .. high quality .. there may well have been a reason beyond the possible "whoops " syndrome , I am sure he would not have spoilt anyones enjoyment without good reason ... ?

next one March 11th ! .. roll on !

Pete n' Susan Mitch n' Mel xx

Edited by casper

as mitch has already stated , it was a super night after what was a bit of a worry with so much northern soul "goodness" on localy saturday night :thumbsup: ... a very good turnout and a full dancefloor as the night got hotter n' hotter ... we were pleased with our guest DJ's ... Dave Evison , Dave Tidswell and Mark Steadman ... thank you so very, very much :D the venue is now fully sorted with the lighting .... thank you for the comments from various other promoters on the high quality of the sound re production ... and we really loved the feedback from our customers on the sounds played ... we feel is probably just the right mix for this "dancers domain" of the east midlands :( .. giving a spread to both listen to and dance, coupled with that delightful feeling of " I ain't heard that for ages " as a smile hits your face :D

I did not notice any dj take a record off before it's end ? ( but as a promoter there is so much to think about on the night lol so could well have missed it ? :thumbsup: ) all the dj's were as you can see , .. high quality .. there may well have been a reason beyond the possible "whoops " syndrome , I am sure he would not have spoilt anyones enjoyment without good reason ... ?

next one March 11th ! .. roll on !

Pete n' Susan Mitch n' Mel xx

Just curious has to why Dave cut Melba Moore "magic touch" short.......because he did......didnt spoil anyones night and has you say must have a good reason for doing so . The lookbacks is to put ones opinon on the night..do not take it to heart...its aimed at the DJ not the night thumbsup.gif

Just curious has to why Dave cut Melba Moore "magic touch" short.......because he did......didnt spoil anyones night and has you say must have a good reason for doing so . The lookbacks is to put ones opinon on the night..do not take it to heart...its aimed at the DJ not the night :thumbsup:

not taking it to heart at all wink.gif .. or defensive ... just verbally scratching my head in a "wonder why" sort of way ... ? I will ask him when i chat to him :D ..

glad you had a good time at Blackhearts ... the feedback from the people that I have spoken to thus far have been very positive indeed I am so pleased to say .. we do , as so many others do also , try to give everyone a lovely night out and go home with a smile .. and a few memories ..

Pete n' Susan .. Mitch n' Mel :thumbsup:

Edited by casper

We had a really good night too. Lovely to hear so many records that we havent heard for ages, think Dave Evisons spot was one of the best we've heard him do. All the djs played a good mix, and if you don't like all 100mph and like to hear some good underplayed oldies this is the place to be. Really enjoyed it and look forward to the next one. Tina and Phil.

We had a really good night too. Lovely to hear so many records that we havent heard for ages, think Dave Evisons spot was one of the best we've heard him do. All the djs played a good mix, and if you don't like all 100mph and like to hear some good underplayed oldies this is the place to be. Really enjoyed it and look forward to the next one. Tina and Phil.

Source Advert