Scottish Allnighter?

Guest brianw70

Guest brianw70

why are there not many niters in scotland? is there not enough call for it ? been offered a 2 roomed venue in central scotland with an all night license.

looking for opinions to see if this is viable. hatsoff2.gif

cheers,brian

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

I'll be in Helensburgh at Easter if anyone puts one on. It'll be a welcome distraction from visiting the in-laws. :hatsoff2:

I've seen adverts on railings for soul nights when i've been driving between Glasgow and Dumbarton a few times, so must be some kind of soul community around there.

Social source share

Some good clubs on the go in Scotland just now covering all tastes northern,modern r&b. Would be good to get all the promoters together to have a nighter. Theres plenty of quality djs up here to make this happen. Togetherness came up to Scotland a few years ago (Searling &co more of a modern night) Could be a good idea to bring these guys back up with a mixture of djs north & south hopefully bringing up the punters up north.Also finding a venue to cater for this(assembley rooms in Edinburgh being refurbished could be a goodun) just gettin heads together to make a nighter happen i think it would be a night to remember .

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

TheAssemblyRRooms will cost you an arm and both legs and i doubt they would grant an all night license.

If you are going to have one in Edinburgh has to be Clouds which held legendery all nighters there in the late 70's but i guess why they have never had one is because of licensing.

There was lots of talk about an all nighter in Scotland on the scottish forums a few months back but nothing came of itthe General agreement was that untill 3 am was fine by most people nowadays :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Clouds Would be good if only they could turn the clocks back, bouncy dancefloor the aeroplanes dangling from the ceiling. i no this has been talked about before again the late night license seems to be the problem. A lot of punters travel down south for weekenders and nights, it would be good to offer somthin back.

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

There are plenty of good venues with good dance floors and atmosphere.. Clouds,

`Potobello town hall,

Gilmerton soul club Notthumberland Hotel

the hilton just to name a few in the Edinburgh area far less the rest of Scotland

As mentioned before this was done to death on the scotland forum by a respected Soul brother and nothing was agreed

so the 2 problems of lack of a soul all nighter

most people only want to dance to 3 am max

late license problem

Actually there is a soul brother who works with the council and maybe have some influence

maybe people should talk to him :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!