Four Tops

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone know if a new member has joined The Four Tops to replace Obie Benson?

Hi

As far as I am aware NO-ONE has replaced Obie as there was no time to get a new member in place, so there will only be three! I did hear they were to be introduced simply as The Tops! Also Chris Clark has been added to the tour.

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

I thought Levi Stubbs was not in the best of health? Is he still performing?

No he isn't, the only original member performing on this tour with the The Tops is Abdul Fakir

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

This was posted up in the sales section yesterday by LIVESEY......

Hi guys,

gonna be a top one this.

THE TEMPTATIONS & THE FOUR TOPS

MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS ARENA - SAT 12TH NOVEMBER 2005 7.30pm - doors 6.30pm

THE TEMPTATIONS are: G.C CAMERON, OTIS WILLIAMS, TERRY WEEKS, RON TYSON & JOE HERNDON.

THE FOUR TOPS are: ABDUL 'DUKE' FAKIR, RONNIE MCNEIR, THEO PEOPLES & ROQUEL PAYTON (Lawrence Payton's son)

The Temptations are currently in the studio recording their 61st album and first away from Motown since their ill-fated Atlantic albums of the late 1970's. Their next recording will be entitled Reflections and released on the Universal Music Enterprises label.

The Four Tops now spearheaded with original member Abdul 'DUKE' Fakir after the death this summer of Obie Benson and the retirement of Levi Stubbs now consist of Theo Peoples, Ronnie Mcneir and Lawrence Payton's son Roquel.

I have two tickets available for the upper tier of block 207 which are available at face value.

I no longer need these tickets and aren't looking for profit but just want to recoup the price I paid.

They are priced at £27 each £54 for the pair plus postage.

If interested or for more info e: livesey1@hotmail.com or PM me.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

seems to me to be like a solid 60's tour thingy that all cities seem to have with one member of the original bands ....and not the original singers

just doesn't appeal

Social source share

seems to me to be like a solid 60's tour thingy that all cities seem to have with one member of the original bands ....and not the original singers

just doesn't appeal

I have to agree mate. Sad but true. As far as the Tops go, how could it ever be as it should without Levi's distinctive, powerful voice.

Social source share

just doesn't appeal

Your quite correct Dave, its getting to be like these 60s pop revival nights with The Searchers, The Dreamers (but no freddie) and a host of other one original member left in the band tour that hit Edinburgh last year, so sad, I love both the Tops and the Temps but in original form only.

Lenny

Social source share

Your quite correct Dave, its getting to be like these 60s pop revival nights with The Searchers, The Dreamers (but no freddie) and a host of other one original member left in the band tour that hit Edinburgh last year, so sad, I love both the Tops and the Temps but in original form only.

Lenny

we need to process the acts the way Motown used to ,no one person was greater than the Group.I dont disagree that the acts are not one and the same as the people we listened too.We just need to enjoy what is left of our legends while we can (IMHO)

Doug :D:D

Social source share

we need to process the acts the way Motown used to ,no one person was greater than the Group.I dont disagree that the acts are not one and the same as the people we listened too.We just need to enjoy what is left of our legends while we can (IMHO)

Doug :D:D

Thats true Doug, there's nothing wrong with going to see either of these groups now, the music and the performances will still be great as with the songs of course, but just hope that if the two surviving members go then it will end once and for all, because then there will be about ten different versions of them....just like the ones in Majorca :D

Lenny

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!