Soul Nights @ Bridgwater Sat 12Th

A fuller posting later , but just wanted to thank our ultra loyal crowd of supporters, some new faces, and the amazing Porthcawl posse and their ingenuity in finding transport to get across from Wales for the night - definately above and beyond the normal expectations of the efforts you expect people might make. But that's the Porthcawl crew for you, NOTHING is gonna stop them.

Thanks to Joe Dean, cracking Twisted Wheel tribute. Thanks also to Steve and Mick Lloyd who did everything we expected and played some wonderful Soulful sounds from ' right across the board ' .

pete

Edited by ricticman
  • Replies 20
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

As per normal the organisation of this was tops, with Cathy and Angies smiling faces there to greet you and the top music played by all the Dj's. The cross section of tunes were top notch and it was great to meet up with so many like minded soulies- keep up the great work Pete and all!

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Last night was my first time at Bridgewater & I was suitably impressed. Not only by the music & ambience of the club itself but by the warm welcome from the young lady on door. I shall return, if only to get a gorgeous smile off Angie :hatsoff2:

Well worth the drive down from Swindon

Dave

PS Like the idea of the Freecycle table !!

Guest The Driffter

As usual i put my write up for Bridgwater on the wrong page ,so hear goes again.

We were meant to be at The Blackpool Soul Weekender but with my knackered knee decided against the 5 hour drive so stayed local and went to Bridgwater.

Im glad we did because once again Mr and Mrs Lyster gave an excelent night of music and i thought Joe Deans hour tribute to The Twisted Wheel was a great set ,Joe and Sylv were regulars at The Wheel so Joe entertained us with the sound a lot of us missed out on from those days .

All the djs kept the floor going all night ,thanks guys.

The 10 year anniversary for Bridgwater Soul Club is in October and im pleased to have been a regular since the early days and we are so lucky in having The Lysters to provide these nights nights for us down here in The West country.

From Hopalong Hollis ps Angie frisking you on the way in for talc is a real bonus on the night .

Yet another superb night at Bridgwater.Music wise totally across the board.Great to hear Joe's Twisted Wheel tribute,brought back the memories.Steve Lloyd i've never heard out before and he played some great modern/70's whatever you want to call it,soul.Mick does what he does best plays some blinding stuff.

Don't think i've danced so much for a while and it was worth the journey back across to Bournemouth in the driving rain.

Great to meet up with Pete,Cathy,Joe,Sylvia,Mick & Tracie,Matt,Paul.Dr P & Lou and all the others we said hello to.Couldn't believe my ears either when i was told of the south wales ingenuity in getting across.

Well worth the visit as yet another brilliant night.:hatsoff2::thumbsup:

Thanks again to Pete & Cathy

Dave.

Pete & Cathy

A BIG thanks for Saturday, not only from Ness and myself but also Mick and Tracey too, we had a great time.

Was great to catch-up with people I've not seen in ages and of cause peoples names you see on the forum or emails that you can then set a face too.

Angie; the second track in the main set was Micky Stevenson from the Here I Am LP.

The Freecycle Table worked a treat, I hope whoever had the three CD's I popped on there aren't cursing, they were DJ set's from the Modern Room @ Soulfusion!!!!

The trip down and back was like driving with George & Mildrid or even worse your grand-parents; being able to read the paint code of the car in front when Mick was driving even had me worried.

Again a big thanks for inviting me and me brother down to DJ, thanks to the dancers as well, there was no problem dancing to the known stuff as well as the lesser known stuff, which means there's a 'well up for it crowd' in the West County. Food and drinks before hand at cha-lyster was brill, coupled with a nice bunch of people like Joe & Sylvia, Andy & Tracie down from Wales, Chris & Lou and the future Mrs Hackett.

We'll be back and we'll encourage the Worcester lot to travel as well, we look forward to May 28th yes.gif

had a great night once again at bridgewater,big thanx to all involved..

great to hear those classics that are largely overlooked today from the 'wheel'...

across the board indeed but as always it was the 60s stuff played by pete and mick that got me up on the floor ...the feamale version of my baby likes to boogaloo(forgot who but no not the emporers one!) jt parker,patsy,lost soul,ward burton,hays cotton etc ...and when we werent dancin we were chatting with all the top folk this night attracts...see you next time

dean

sorry for the multipul posts belows,bloody computer..wheres the delete button?

Edited by spacehopper

great to hear those classics that are largely overlooked today from the 'wheel'...

across the board indeed but as always it was the 60s stuff played by pete and mick that got me up on the floor ...jt parker,patsy,lost soul,ward burton,hays cotton etc ...and when we werent dancin we were chatting with all the top folk this night attracts...see you next time

dean

across the board indeed but as always it was the 60s stuff played by pete and mick that got me up on the floor ...jt parker,patsy,lost soul,ward burton,hays cotton etc ...and when we werent dancin we were chatting with all the top folk this night attracts...see you next time

dean

Guest souldjer 1

BRIDGEWATER DELIVERS YET AGAIN....

WELL DONE PETE N CATH AND ANGIE+THE RUGBY CLUB.

GREAT SOUNDS ALL NIGHT AND GOOD COMPANY FROM ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.

GOOD TO MEET OLD FRIENDS(MICK MIKE THE DIVER)KEEP IN TOUCH MATE..

REALY ENJOYED DAVES SPOT..

AND DIDNT MAD ALAN LOOK SMART...WELL DONE SIR . PUT THEM PHOTOS ON ERE YOU TOOK M8

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE ANNIVERSARY NIGHT....HAVING BEEN TO EVERY BRIDGEWATER BUT ONE,THEY ARE IN THE YEARLY DIARY ALWAYS...

ADDED BONUS ITS A DOUBLE HEN AND STAG KINDDA NIGHT FOR NICK N HANNA...

THANKS TO STEVE N KERRY TOO FOR YOUR WARM HOSPITALITY AFTER WITH COFFEES X 14/20 AND GOOD OLD FUNNY CHITCHAT WITH THE SWEST SOULIES.

CYA ALL SOON(SOUL IN THE SOUTH)

DEANO N YVETTE

across the board indeed but as always it was the 60s stuff played by pete and mick that got me up on the floor ...the feamale version of my baby likes to boogaloo(forgot who but no not the emporers one!) It's Lewise Bethune ' Chi town boogaloo ' on Sack jt parker,patsy,lost soul,ward burton,hays cotton etc ...and when we werent dancin we were chatting with all the top folk this night attracts...see you next time

dean

Great to see you two on Saturday

see you soon

pete

Guest andrew bin

well done Pete and Cathy on putting together another quality night thumbsup.gif I'm not a big lover of 70's but i really enjoyed Steve's set especially the Aretha track even though i can't remember the title (have to try to get to coppertops soon) :no: Mick also played a great varied set keeping the dance floor rammed :thumbup: , great to hear some wheel classics, stuff i haven't heard for ages, weldone Joe although i did think they were going to have to drag him off he was enjoying himself so much :yes: Pete as ever was also on top form i always enjoy his sets(one of my favorite dj's ) love that Intensions track worth going just fo that :wave:

great to see all the usual suspects plus a few new faces, already looking forward to the next one

with out doubt the best night in the south west :yes:

I was dreading the drive to and from Bridgewater Hannah and Tracie get together they don't come up for air :no:

is the nest one the anniversary?

Edited by andrew bin
Guest Dr Pickles

Such a great friendly night.

It's all been said above.

Much more chatting this time with top people.

Great hospitality before and during the night.

Great friends out for a laugh.

Loved hearing "Spread Love" again thumbsup.gif

Massive thanks to Steve & Kerry for coffee and laughs. :thumbup:

A truly top night in the SW.

Doc

Had a brilliant time at Bridgwater yes.gif well done Pete & Cathy, it was a really nice atmosphere and felt like a private party full of friends enjoying themselves!thumbup.gif All the dj's did good sets...it made a nice change to hear some of the old "wheel tunes" and a really good variety of music all night! .....I think you would rightly call that A.T.B. Pete!! whistling.gif one of my " tunes of the night" was chi town boogaloo - Lewise Bethune it was only the second time I'd heard it and it really sounds great out on the floor!

looking forward to the next one! it goes without saying Mart was ' made up ' that you played john & the weirdest!

A.T.B. ... (that's All The Best) wicked.gif from Bev aka Bunty & Mart xx

Edited by bunty

I was dreading the drive to and from Bridgewater Hannah and Tracie get together they don't come up for air :thumbsup:

is the nest one the anniversary?

Andrew ,

great to see you 2 on Saturday and to see you looking so well

the anniversary is in October and it is ten years !

keep it to yourself but the headline guest will be Todmorden's one and only ginger prince !!

see you both soon,

pete

Guest Angela Lawrence

Was a great night as always, and besides the wonderful food and company and music, the opportunity to be the talc police was brilliant! Cathy & I are thinking of having uniforms next time!!

Angela xx

Anything to declare Sir?

post-13087-0-39364400-1297951653_thumb.j

Was a great night as always, and besides the wonderful food and company and music, the opportunity to be the talc police was brilliant! Cathy & I are thinking of having uniforms next time!!

Angela xx

Anything to declare Sir?

right well that's booked then - you've got the door contract !!

Guest in town Mikey

across the board indeed but as always it was the 60s stuff played by pete and mick that got me up on the floor ...the feamale version of my baby likes to boogaloo(forgot who but no not the emporers one!) jt parker,patsy,lost soul,ward burton,hays cotton etc ...and when we werent dancin we were chatting with all the top folk this night attracts...see you next time

dean

That Lewise Bethune track stood out for me too at Gloucester a few weeks ago.

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Angela xx

Anything to declare Sir?

Well, now we know why I enjoyed Bridgwater & it wasnt just the music policy !! :wave:

Now where did I put those small ziploc bags :lol: