A Few Nice Uns For Sale

Guest chorleybloke

Guest chorleybloke

Need to jettison a few to gather funds for more. If you require a sound clip or label scan or just want to buy please email northernsoulman@iinet.net.au and I'll be happy to oblige. All prices are in GBP and payment is via PayPal adding USD5 for airmail to UK/Europe.

1) Shorty Long - Don't Mess With My Weekend - Australian Tamla Motown - Mint - 250

Think you own or have heard all NS related Motown 45s? Think again because this will very likely be a hole in many collections. The rarity of Australian release NS is quite well documented, the theory being that only the bare minimum was released to satisfy contractual obligations. Why this one never got issued in US or UK is anyone's guess. Its an out and out Northern dancer and will fill floors anywhere, just requires an enterprising DJ with an eye for a one-off. To be quite frank I have no idea of its value so this could either be anywhere between a rip-off and a complete bargain - you be the judge. Pristine condition.

2) Bobbie Jean Bland - I'm Satisfied Just Loving You - Sack - Mint - 50

Dunno if this gets any turntable action in UK but it bloody well should do. Books anywhere between 40 and 75 so I reckon this is a fair price considering the superb condition.

3) Bill Brandon & Lorraine Johnson - Let Me Be Your Full Time Groover - Moonsong Boot - Mint Minus - 15

Class Wigan oldie on the counterfeit boot made in the mid 70s.

4) Bonnie Brisker - So Much Lovin (Deep Inside Of Me) - Magic City - VG Plus - 75

Book prices are miles apart (75 - 150) so I've gone for the lower end. The advertised side is a full-on uptempo pounder that would even have been quite challenging in the 70s whilst the flip "Someone Really Loves You (Guess Who)" is a beaut midtempo that plenty of people buy this 45 specifically for. Superficial light scratches only.

5) Jobettes - No Explanation - Kevin - Mint - 60

Another one that the books can't agree on (40 - 100) so I've gone conservative again. Spotlighted in Tim Brown's column a couple of Manifestos ago - belting girl group Northern.

6) Danny Monday - Baby Without You - Modern Boot - Mint Minus - 20

Is there anyone on the planet that doesn't love this track? I've never met one. Unlikely you'll be tripping over an original any time soon either.

7) Syl Johnson - Send Me Some Lovin / I Resign - Twinight #107 - Mint Minus - 100

Difficult to price because its not listed anywhere, I can't even find it on discographies as catalogue #107. Possible bargain in that case. Quite why this should be I've no idea because this is his best double-sider. "Send" is typical Syl storming Northern whilst "Resign" is just a fearsome midtempo soul record.

8) Dorothy Williams - Watchdog - Volt - Mint - 40

Raucous R&B dancer, just what you'd expect from "the well's gone dry" chick.

Cheers.........Pete Down Under whistling.gif

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!