George Freeman Down And Out

kevinsoulman

MY BEST FIND EVER

JUST NEARLY FELL OFF MY CHAIR , MY MUM BLESS HER SOUL DIED A FEW YEARS AGO AND DAD HAD THE KIDS AROUND TODAY TO COLLECT THE LIMITED ISSUE DOLLS AND STUFF SHE HAD PROMISED THEM AND DAD SAYS TO MINE TAKE THAT BOX OF RECORDS HOME FOR KEV AND THERE NESTLED AMONGST THE FEW MOTOWN AND POP RECORDS WAS A NEAR MINT COPY OF GEORGE FREEMAN ON VALIANT GOLD TEXT WHERE IT CAME FROM I WILL NEVER KNOW BUT TO SAY I WAS SURPRISED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.NOW LEFT WITH A DILEMMA AS I HAVE A DEMO OF THIS BUT POSSIBLY WHEN I DIG IT OUT NOT QUITE AS GOOD CONDITION. MORAL CHECK THOSE BOXES AT YOUR PARENTS HOUSES WHO KNOWS.

KEV

george freeman - down and out - valiant

Edited by kevinsoulman
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Got my copy Of Roy Hamilton - 'Crackin up' from my Mum, for some strange reason she said it was Elvis, I don't think she ever read the labels just put them on, she told me this one day in my early teens while miming to it while doing the hoovering, a special memory that... where the hell she ever got that 45, I'll never know, as most of the other stuff, that wasn't Elvis was Peters & Lee...elvis.gif

Mal.C.

Social source share

back in the 80's when i was living in southampton my mate was summoned to his mothers house to take the last of his recently deceased grandmothers stuff to the charity shop, in amongst it was a box of about 100 albums, all classical stuff, anyway, as you do he had a quick flick through them and pulled out a mint copy of "the artistry of brenda holloway", his grandmother had obviously seen the cover and presumed that it was classical, needless to say, that one didnt make it to the charity shop

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!