September Jones, Four Voices, Willie Tee, Spider Turner+

Godzilla

Got and thing going on and need to raise some cash sharpish. I may consider very close offers on these but will need more or less instant payment. I'd prefer paypal as a gift but if you're really interested in anything and that option doesn't work for you please contact me to discuss.

Shipping UK: £2.00 recorded or £6.00 registered. International: £2.00 airmail or registered at cost depending on location. Your choice but please be aware of insurance limits. Having said that I pack well. PM questions or email: mistergodzilla@yahoo.com

September Jones - I'm Coming Home / No More Love - Kapp promo NM £250 SOLD

Beautiful copy of this definitive Detroit production from the Pied Piper stable. Clip includes a bit of the run-in so you can judge the quality of the playing surface even in dead wax.

Four Voices - We Live In The Ghetto / Summer kind Of Love - Voice VG++ £50 SOLD

Odd slight tick on "Summer..." side doesn't distract. Ghetto plays really nice. Another excellent double sider that's gained popularity in recent years. A banker for the future maybe?

Dorothy Pay - Smooth Operator - Decca promo VG+ £40 now 35 SOLD Potential popcorn killer yet to make it's mark. The best version of this tune I've heard. Not sure how to price this so possibly a bargain for someone. A few paper scuffs but nice glossy vinyl.

Spyder Turner - I Can't Make It Anymore - MGM promo VG+ £45 SOLD

Tough promo of the Terra Shirma classic. A few marks - though nothing substantial and again mostly paper scuffs - force a lower grade.

Willie Tee - Walking Up A One Way Street / Thank You John - Atlantic UK VG+ £25 now 20

Back to back essential Nola cuts. Nice on UK issue as played in the early days of British soul clubs. Some slight scuffing but still a great looking and playing copy.

Elvin Spencer - Lift This Hurt - E.S Cozy Ex £25 now 20 SOLD

If the expensive original is a bit out of reach, what better way of attaining this superb soul 45 than on the artist's own label? A long out of print limited repress from the 1980s.

As always I've tried to grade strictly and I hope that these are fair prices. Please feel free to contact me for more info and I'm always happy to provide more detailed descriptions, additional scans and higher bitrate clips if required.

Scans and MP3 clips below. Thanks for looking.

post-1918-0-40643200-1297607749_thumb.jppost-1918-0-63679900-1297607762_thumb.jp

post-1918-0-94693200-1297607780_thumb.jppost-1918-0-36729000-1297607796_thumb.jp

post-1918-0-32007000-1297607803_thumb.jp post-1918-0-46929000-1297607816_thumb.jp

September Jones .mp3

Four voices.mp3

Dorothy Pay.mp3

Spyder Turner.mp3

Willie Tee.mp3

Elvin Spencer.mp3

Solds removed. Remainder reduced.

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k