What Are You Spinning At Home ?

Hill868

Guest enchantedrythm

One fantastic L.P     The Esquires -get on up  --- bought about because i played my sweet baby on action the other day - then played it on hot line - something made me think there was a difference, so dug out the bunky L.P, played the whole thing while cleaning UP --FANTASTIC- aLWAYS THOUGHTthat my sweet baby took all the honours - Well its put to the sword by ' How Could it Be' - then' listen to me' is great and' things wont be the same',' woman '  all great. President of the association of television and radio presenters Inc back in the day, delivering the sleeve notes happens to be E. Rodney Jones  ---- Get on Up Bill Shepard and collect a grammy!!!!!!!

Next L.p this week has been Cornelius Bros and Sister Rose on UA - came across a copy in Rob Smiths Shop that was coverless -- i love rescuing albums with no covers, oir sleeves with lost vinyl, hoping one dayto reunite then with their partner, every track is a soul masterpiece and harmony score 10/10.

Next to warrant a play, out of out of technical interest more than content was a recent purchase of a Spinners untitled Atlantic L.p from 73 featuring some of their most popular sides - have it on two labels, U.K & French that should be, But couldn;t resist A QUADRAPHNIC CD-4 channel Discrete encoded vinyl offering of same. Branded as Quadra-Disc and prefixed QD matrix wise.  The inner sleeve holds all the technical details and explains, with diagrams, the discrete nature of QU and SD encoding, playing on my Stereo system the enhanced nature of the technology can said to dilute the actual recording with hidden audio tracks without a dedicated Quad system. I have a few quad discs but tend to be mainly stuff i dont want to hear-Well this disc actually shines in quality mastering, and really stands out in sheer bandwidth terms-try it you might like it - quad systems ARE AN EASY SET UP, but whats not easily obtainable these days is the actual stylus, profiled for the direct cut groove- there are lots of quasi-quad systems on line with decoding taking place after the fact of the needle picking info out of a record i indeed this tech is the forerunner to modern day sound bars and systems such as Bose in which frequency manipulation has turned full circle and does provide some interesting results  -  knocking purists who are esoteric in their need to have as little of the original signal put through electronic  cicuits to, in their mind set, corrupt the original. i.e No tone controls etc etc. Ive been there!!! Todays electronic ADVANCES in chip sets and the like really do work. A modern digital amp with sourced componants is cabable of coming up to valve standards that have for the last 20 years been favourite amongst purists for sheer sound quality. Anyone want to try a form of quad a simple wiring exercise known as Hafler (after a david hafler) gives a cost effective method of retrieving phased enhancements to stereo signals ...............................................Esoteric what a great word!!

Edited by enchantedrythm
Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

Single wise plays include The Limitations on Bacone and the same group on Volt (all because of you) 

also had a mission to delve into the Capri labels output - cam cameroon, reggie soul, etc etc

Had to dig out the blenders on mar-v-lus and re-spun the Ultimations two discs -both ate fantastic, the cheaper would i do it over being the bestone

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

WHAT ARE YOU SPINNING / DRINKING AT HOME ....  1/ TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - Norman Connors (Arista)  //  2/ I JUST WANT TO LOVE YOU - Stanley Clarke/George Duke (Epic)  //  3/ I WANT YOU FOR MYSELF - George Duke (Epic)  //  4/ YOU GOT TO CHANGE DIRECTION - Communications (RIGHT-ON)  // 5/ BABY DON'T YOU KNOW - Dusty Springfield (Philips)  // 6/ WHY IS LOVE SUCH A MIGHTY HARD THING - Flame & lovelights (Jaber)  // 7/ DREAMS OF A SHOESHINE BOY - Lightdrivers (Gemini)  // 8/ MAKE UP YOUR MIND - Earl Connelly (Maycon)  // 9/ ALL WORK AND NO PLAY - Serena Johnson (Big 2)  // 10/ DOWN IN THE GHETTO - Major 1V (Venture) // 11/ YOU TOOK MY HEART - James Brown (Polydor)  // 12/ LISTEN TO ME - Esquires (Capitol)  // 13/  I LIKE TO BE WITH YOU - Los Mozambiques (Happy)  // 14/ WHATS MISSING - Alex O'Neal (Tabu) 15/  I CAN'T MAKE IT WITHOUT YOU - Tyrone Davis (Dakar)  // 16/ STILL IN LOVE WITH YOU BOY - Marcia Aitken (Gibbs).  Top drinks for a very mild Sunday in Nov  -  YOUNGS DOUBLE CHOCOLATE STOUT / BATEMANS MOCHA BEER / YELLOWTAIL AUSTRALIAN SHIRAZ / THREE BARRELS FRENCH BRANDY

H

WHAT ARE YOU SPINNING / DRINKING AT HOME ....  1/ TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - Norman Connors (Arista)  //  2/ I JUST WANT TO LOVE YOU - Stanley Clarke/George Duke (Epic)  //  3/ I WANT YOU FOR MYSELF - George Duke (Epic)  //  4/ YOU GOT TO CHANGE DIRECTION - Communications (RIGHT-ON)  // 5/ BABY DON'T YOU KNOW - Dusty Springfield (Philips)  // 6/ WHY IS LOVE SUCH A MIGHTY HARD THING - Flame & lovelights (Jaber)  // 7/ DREAMS OF A SHOESHINE BOY - Lightdrivers (Gemini)  // 8/ MAKE UP YOUR MIND - Earl Connelly (Maycon)  // 9/ ALL WORK AND NO PLAY - Serena Johnson (Big 2)  // 10/ DOWN IN THE GHETTO - Major 1V (Venture) // 11/ YOU TOOK MY HEART - James Brown (Polydor)  // 12/ LISTEN TO ME - Esquires (Capitol)  // 13/  I LIKE TO BE WITH YOU - Los Mozambiques (Happy)  // 14/ WHATS MISSING - Alex O'Neal (Tabu) 15/  I CAN'T MAKE IT WITHOUT YOU - Tyrone Davis (Dakar)  // 16/ STILL IN LOVE WITH YOU BOY - Marcia Aitken (Gibbs).  Top drinks for a very mild Sunday in Nov  -  YOUNGS DOUBLE CHOCOLATE STOUT / BATEMANS MOCHA BEER / YELLOWTAIL AUSTRALIAN SHIRAZ / THREE BARRELS FRENCH BRANDY

Social source share

Hello fellow Soul Spinners and alcohol guzzlers, seasons greetings to you and all your family, just downing a couple of bottles of Hobgoblin ale, and a nice Theakstons Old Peculiar. Anyone familiar with the 45 ' Honey Bee ' - Fontella Bass (Bobbin Records), not my usual type of sound, think I picked it up cheap in the States several years ago, but quite a good early 60's R&B tinged mover, actually growing on me. Also playing - Billie Dearborn (Bell)  //  Bobby Wells Copp a Groove (Beacon)  //  The Record - Byron Lee (Soul)  //  Lonely Love - Bettye Swann (Money)  //  We're in love - Little Bob (La Louisanne)  //  Cuddled up - Smith Bros (T Neck)  // Go for what you know - Superbs (Dore)  //  Love Line - Forecast (Ariola) //  Time won't let me - Outsiders (Capitol)  //  Galveston - Glen Campbell (Capitol) !!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hello any Soul Source watchers - I'm drinking BULMERS CIDER !!!! and spinning these current favourites : TURN ME LOOSE - LEON AUSTIN / GET OUT OF MY LIFE - MARVA WHITNEY (both KING) // DON'T YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU - M. LANCE (UK Contempo) // PLEASE LOVE ME - BETTY EVERETT (One-der=ful) // THIS COULD BE THE NIGHT - RB HUDMON (Atlantic) // PLAYED OUT PLAY GIRL - ARTHUR FREEMAN (Excello) // TLC - SOUL MERCHANTS (Moonville USA) // IF AT FIRST - ENERGETICS (TOP-Top) // TALK DON'T BOTHER ME - PROPHETs (Jubillee) // JUST A DREAM - IMP WONDERS (Day-Wood) // I'M A CYDER DRINKER - WURZELS (Somersetpissup) .... God bless SOUL MUSIC and C-I-D-E-R !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello any Soul Source watchers - I'm drinking BULMERS CIDER !!!! and spinning these current favourites : TURN ME LOOSE - LEON AUSTIN / GET OUT OF MY LIFE - MARVA WHITNEY (both KING) // DON'T YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU - M. LANCE (UK Contempo) // PLEASE LOVE ME - BETTY EVERETT (One-der=ful) // THIS COULD BE THE NIGHT - RB HUDMON (Atlantic) // PLAYED OUT PLAY GIRL - ARTHUR FREEMAN (Excello) // TLC - SOUL MERCHANTS (Moonville USA) // IF AT FIRST - ENERGETICS (TOP-Top) // TALK DON'T BOTHER ME - PROPHETs (Jubillee) // JUST A DREAM - IMP WONDERS (Day-Wood) // I'M A CYDER DRINKER - WURZELS (Somersetpissup) .... God bless SOUL MUSIC and C-I-D-E-R !!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Room for a new Post / Topic here .... Rediscovered sounds in your own collection !!  (records you have overlooked / forgotten / not played / flip sides).  a few nice things I have spun this afternoon,  Keep on loving - OTIS LEAVILL (Columbia)  //  He'll be back - PLAYERS (Minit)  //  Just your fool - LEON HAYWOOD (20TH Century)  //  What's so good about good-bye - MIRACLES (Tamla)  //  Life goes on - FAB DOWNBEATS (Poison Ring)  //  You'll never get my love - MIKE JEMISON (Lake)  //  Do the skin - KENARD GARDNER (Dore)  // Has love been here before - FAB DETERMINATIONS (Mainstream)  //  I'm the one - WHISPERS (Soul Clock) //  Phoenix - AQUARIAN DREAM  (Buddah)

Social source share

Quiet night after lively evening of excesses last night - perhaps a couple of glasses of wine - whilst spinning the following:

Garland Green - Ain't that good enough

Bobby Montgomery - Make me yours

ZZ Hill - Ain't too proud to beg

Willie Hutch - Let's try it over again (Season for love - Album)

Margie Joseph - I'll always love you

Barbara Hall - You brought it on yourself

And plenty more - Happy New year - Adam

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

SPINNING (and drinking) AT HOME  -  Beat those Corona lockdown blues with some SOUL TOONES from your boxes !!!
1/ C.P. LOVE   -   Never been in love before   (CHIMNEYVILLE)

2/ ART GENTRY  -  This is my chance   (UK KENT)

3/ THE CHARTS  - Keep dancing with me  (VEL-V-TONE)

4/ REUBEN HOWELL  -  You can't stop a man in love (MOTOWN)

5/ RON ALSTON  -  One more tear (PHILIPS)

6/ J.J. BARNES   -  Please let me in (RIC-TIC)

7/ BOBBY PRICE  -  Your love has changed me  (NITE LIFE)

8/ BOBBY FOSTER  -  If you really need a friend  (SOUND Plus)

9/ CHRIS MONTEZ -  Call me  (FESTIVAL EP Austr)

10/  CHUCK CORBY/Chances -  Happy go lucky (SOUND)

11/ ORIG LARKS -  Together  (SHAZAM)

12/ DYNAMICS  -  My life is no better  (UK KENT)
13/ GLASS HAMMER  -  Why'd you put it to me baby (GUSTO)

14/ JIMMY HOLIDAY - I've been done wrong (DIPLOMACY)

Today's drinks  -  St Peter's Cream Stout (Bungay, Suffolk) //  Aldi Orchard Irish Cider  //  JS House Malbec

Social source share

I'm drinking by social distance - ie keep your hands off my bottle!!!

Cheating by mainly (especially during the day whilst working) listening to a loop of the Bury Virtual All-Nighter/All-Dayer/user requests sessions.  Much better background noise than some of the inane chatter that would have been going on in the workplace!!

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

HOME SPINS and drinks !
1/  LARRY WILLIAMS      -  I believe in you   (GOLDTAG)

2/  CHANGING SCENE  -  Magic love  (C-TOWN)

3/ JD JONES  -  Yesterday's love  (NEW WORLD)

4/  CREATIONS - I've got to find her (GLOBE)

5/  DARROW FLETCHER  - What have I got now  (JACKLYN)

6/  MIKE JEMISON -  You'll never get my love (LAKE)

7/ JJ BARNES  -  She's mine (UK Contempo)

8/  WILLIE HUTCH -  I choose you  (UK TMG)

9/  SKIP MAHONEY  -  Running away from love (ABET)

10/ P-FUNK ALL STARS - One of those summers (HUMP)

11/ DAVID RUFFIN  -  No matter where (MOTOWN)
12/ BREWSTER CREW -  I'm one who know  (LIFELINE)

Drinking today  - McEWANS Champion Ale / Hobgoblin Ruby Ale /  M&S Spicy Shiraz

Social source share

• 6 months later...

Spinning at home tonight !

1/ DEE DEE WARWICK  -  Do it with all your heart (BLUE  ROCK)

2/ TYRONE DAVIS - I can't make it without you (DAKAR)

3/ DEE DEE SHARP - Baby I love you (ATCO)

4/ JJ BARNES - Please let me in (RIC TIC)

5/ SHIRLEY & SHIRELLES - A most unusual boy (BELL)

6/ BOBBY SHEEN - Come on and love me (CHELSEA)

7/ WILLIE TEE  - You better say yes (ATLANTIC)

8/ SILKY HARGREAVES - Hurt by love (D-TOWN)

9/ DORIS TROY - I'll do anything (UK TOAST)

10/ CLIFFORD CURRY - I can't get a hold of myself (ELF)

11/ JAMES TAYLOR - Love with hope (OVIDE)

12/ DAVID GANPOT  - Givin' it up for love (UK OSCEOLA)

13/ CLARENCE YARBROUGH - EVerybody needs love (LITTLE DILLA)

14/ MASTER PLAN - (Do I have to) Dance all night (AMANI)

15/ SEBASTIAN WILIAMS - I don't care what mama say (OVIDE)

16/ DYNAMICS - My life is no better (UK KENT)

17/ ROY C  - Shotgun wedding ! (UK ISLAND)
18/ WILLIE WALKER - Run around (UK KENT)

19/ SUNNY & SUNLINERS - I'm no stranger (LONDON)

20/ BOOGIE MAN ORCH / Mel Hayes - Are you crazy for me ? (BOOGIE MAN)

Drinks tonight - Willam Bros Brel Belgian style IPA (ALDI - Excellent), Orchard Irish Cider (ALDI), Mcewans Champion premium beer, Bardinet French Brandy, Baron Amarillo Rioja.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!