North Wings

Big thank you to Mick H , John Poole and Rob Howdle for taking time out last night to come and dj at our 13th Anniversary.

It was a very busy evening considering what else was on offer last night locally.

Nice to see some old friends in too ( Jim , Di and Jono )

All 100 free Cd's went in no time and the same can be said for the Cornish Pasties behind the bar soon after

Ian Seamen arrived :)

All in all a great night was had :) ( by me anyway )

All the best

Steve B

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Big thank you to Mick H , John Poole and Rob Howdle for taking time out last night to come and dj at our 13th Anniversary.

It was a very busy evening considering what else was on offer last night locally.

All in all a great night was had :) ( by me anyway )

All the best

Steve B

tell ya what Steve, musically it was top drawer ! like you say, considering what else was on (not a million miles away), the place was full. :)

great night as always, see you all in march

Enjoyed the trip Steve. Nice to see some old friends and have a natter and catch up. As you say a very busy night and a good atmosphere . Great to see Bazza :) . Highlight for me was Don Gardner from Mick...dont get to hear that very often so well enjoyed. Also Billy Arnell and George Blackwell :)

I know what you mean about the pasties Steve, i wanted one and then i saw Ian at the bar and knew it was a waste of time asking :no: only jokin Ian. good to see you as always.

Deffo be back...lift permitting. Great venue and as always a great sound system.

:no:

it was just a quick visit this time ..then off to the niter ! nice n' busy as always at North wings on the 13th Anniversary :) well done to you both Pete n' Steve .. and the Girls Val n' Karen , :)

awsome ! :no: hey, great cd too !

pete n' susan xx

Edited by casper

Enjoyed the trip Steve. Nice to see some old friends and have a natter and catch up. As you say a very busy night and a good atmosphere . Great to see Bazza :thumbsup: . Highlight for me was Don Gardner from Mick...dont get to hear that very often so well enjoyed. Also Billy Arnell and George Blackwell thumbsup.gif

I know what you mean about the pasties Steve, i wanted one and then i saw Ian at the bar and knew it was a waste of time asking :D only jokin Ian. good to see you as always.

Deffo be back...lift permitting. Great venue and as always a great sound system.

:huh:

Hi Jim,

great to see you all Saturday mate, I'm guessing Jono went home a happy chap as he got a few of his requests played :D

See you soon

Steve B

Well what can i say except thanks to all those people who turned up to our 13th Anniversary and making

this a very enjoyable evening, Special thanks to Mick H, John Pool, And Rob Howdle for doing a great job on the wheels of steel, same as up above top sounds all night thanks to Mick for playing Margaret Little

and John for playing the Tranells :thumbsup:

Edited by B1 OKEH

Well what can i say except thanks to all those people who turned up to our 13th Anniversary and making

this a very enjoyable evening, Special thanks to Mick H, John Pool, And Rob Howdle for doing a great job on the wheels of steal, same as up above top sounds all night thanks to Mick for playing Margaret Little

and John for playing the Tranells :thumbsup:

Nice to see you again Pete,Great room! and nice to see some old familiar faces. We shall return ph34r.gif

Great night lads, enjoyed all the music played & the dance floor was rocking (not just because Steve had a dance :D ) and by the way Mr B i only had a brace of pasties and did put a complaint in to the committee that there weren't any steak pies left !! any comment on why you had gravy all down your shirt mate ??? :(laugh.gif

thanks for taking the time to make a great CD too, we played it in Steve's car on the way home and Loz snored in tune to most of the tracks :lol: (well she did have 4 Vodka/cokes !!! 1st time in about 15 years i have seen her drink 4 drinks !!!!)biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work.

Ian.

Great night lads, enjoyed all the music played & the dance floor was rocking (not just because Steve had a dance ) and by the way Mr B i only had a brace of pasties and did put a complaint in to the committee that there weren't any steak pies left !! any comment on why you had gravy all down your shirt mate ??? :(

thanks for taking the time to make a great CD too, we played it in Steve's car on the way home and Loz snored in tune to most of the tracks :D (well she did have 4 Vodka/cokes !!! 1st time in about 15 years i have seen her drink 4 drinks !!!!)biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work.

Ian.

Who said it was gravy Ian :lol: and I bet it's the first time in 15 years you've actually bought Loz 4 drinks laugh.gif

Glad you enjoyed the night mate and we'll see you soon.

Steve B

Here's a few tunes I played early doors double decking with Pete

NAME IT AND CLAIM IT / DARRYL STEWART ( WAND DEMO )

TEARS / LEE ROYE ( DECCA )

JUST AS MUCH / KRIS PETERSON ( TOP DOG )

SMALL THINGS / KELL OSBORNE ( NEW BAG DEMO )

I JUST CAN'T STAND IT / THE MALIBUS ( DUKE )

TELL ME / LARRY AND THE LARKS ( VEEP DEMO )

THAT'S WHAT YOU DO TO ME / DEON JACKSON ( CARLA )

I KEEP TRYIN' / FRED HUGHES ( EXODUS )

WHEN YOU CALL ME BABY / JOEY HEATHERTON ( DECCA DEMO )

COME ON OVER / BEN ATKINS AND THE NOMADS ( YOUNGSTOWN )

ONLY ALL THE TIME / PATTI AUSTIN ( CORAL DEMO )

THINK OF ME / THE AD LIBS ( KAREN )

THERE ARE ROSES SOMEWERE IN THIS WORLD / BOBBY TAYLOR ( SUNFLOWER )

IF YOU AND I HAD NEVER MET / MAGIC NIGHT ( ROULETTE DEMO ) for Jono thumbsup.gif

I didn't play any more as door duties called as Val was on her own so I nipped off the decks to help out ( Karen wasn't there at that time as she was still trying get our Claires horse into a bloody horse box :thumbup: and failed :wave: )

Cheers

Steve B

Edited by krawen2

Hi Guys,

Excellent night with quality music being played, as always, from beginning to end. Despite the other stuff happening over the weekend, Derby Nighter, Donny Dayer, the crowd was as sizable as it was knowledgable. Always a great night and already looking forward to next months.

Take Care

Tezza XXXX