Sussex Soul Club 12Th Feb

DUE TO A DBL BOOKING THIS NIGHT WAS A WEEK LATER THAN NORMAL AND THAT MEANT A FEW OF THE REGULARS HAD TRAVELLED TO EASTLEIGH

FOR THERE SOUL FIX BUT SPIRITS WERNT DAMPENED WHEN 12 NEW FACES FROM CRAWLEY APPEARED AT THE DOOR....THEY ALL SEEMED UP FOR A GREAT

NIGHT

GRAHAM WAS BEHIND THE DECKS FIRST AND AS ALWAYS PLAYS A REAL MIX OF TUNES THAT HAVE THE EARLY ARRIVALS TAPPING THERE FEET OR

LISTENING WITH GREAT ATTENTION....TONY CASSINI FOLLOWED AND IT WAS GOING TO BE THE FIRST TIME I HAD HEARD HIM DJ ...I ENJOYED WHAT HE PLAYED

ALTHOUGH THERE WAS NO USAGE OF THE MIKE....OUR SECOND GUEST DJ WAS DUE UP NEXT BUT HE WAS RUNNING A LITTLE LATE SO I DECIDED

TO DO MY 30 MINUTE SET ...NO SOONER HAD I CUED UP MY 2ND TUNE THEN HE ARRIVED BUT NO PROBS I CARRIED ON AND HE TOOK MY SPOT

THE VENUE WASNT RAMMED BUT MORE THAN ENOUGH TO CREATE A GOOD ATMOSPHERE AND GIVE THE DANCEFLOOR SOME GOOD USAGE

AS IS ALWAYS THE CASE AT SUSSEX SOUL CLUB EACH DJ GETS A SECOND SPOT OF 45 MINS AND GRAHAM MADE GREAT USE OF HIS TIME PLAYING

A FEW OF THE MANY REQUESTS DURING THE NIGHT...TONY ONCE AGAIN FOLLOWED ON FROM GRAHAM AND PLAYED A MIXTURE OF TUNES....SHAY THEN TOOK

OVER AND PLAYED SOME REALLY NICE TUNES THAT SAW THE DANCEFLOOR USED MORE AND MORE AND AT 11.45 IT WAS MY TURN TO END THE NIGHT PLAYING

A MIXTURE OF 7TS,RNB AND A COUPLE OF MOTOWN FAVOURITES AND AS IS ALWAYS THE CASE RUNNING OVER THE FINNISH TIME BY 15 MINS DUE

TO THE FACT PPL NEVER WANT TO LEAVE....

ITS ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO DJ ON A VERY GOOD SOUND SYSTEM WHERE EVERY WORD CAN BE HEARD CLEAR AND LOUD...NICE TO SEE THE USUAL SUSPECTS

SUSPECTS AND GREAT TO SEE DAVE AND TRACY BENTLEY PAYING THE CLUB A VISIT AHEAD OF HIS GUEST SPOT LATER IN THE YEAR...I THINK

ITS NICE WHEN DJS DO THIS INSTEAD OF JUST TURNING UP ON THE NIGHT THEY ARE DUE TO DJ AND THEN WONDERING WHY THEY DONT GO DOWN

TO WELL WITH THE CROWD DUE TO NOT KNOWING WHAT PPL WANNA HEAR

HERES A FEW OF MY PLAYS FROM THE NIGHT

four tracks...charade

albert jones...you and your love

randy brown...always in the mood

volumes..same old feeling

jimmy helms...romeo and juliet

mac davis...im just in love

midnight ....keep on walking by

james walsh..cus its you girl

tony moore...when will i

invitations...look on the good side

impressions...something said love

southside movement...do it to me

westcoast soul stars...show me love

david ruffin...i cant stop the rain

eddie kendricks...date with the rain

arthur prysock...all my life

marvin gaye...come get to this

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cheers Mick for getting the thread started and doing yet another great vid :yes::thumbup:

After another cracking night at the "Scout Hut" I'd like to thank all who attended... as always nice to see all the usual suspects and welcome a great crowd who'd travelled down from Crawley in force :wave:

A big thanks to Shay and Tony for playing two superb sets apiece hatsoff2.gif brilliant guys everyone thoroughly enjoyed them.

Once again a sincere thank you to each and everyone who attended for your continued support, I know many travel a considerable distance and is it very much appreciated, you are all as important as the dj's for making the "Scout Hut" such a great night. We're back again on Saturday March 5th when Bognor Soul Clubs Dennis Hyde and Keith Robinson will be the special guests :yes::no: :no:

HI GRAHAM,

I enjoyed the night ,although suffering from the lurgy ,all good sets and nice to see a few new faces who will be back , just like to say what a cracking little soul club "patching " is we will see you in march for another helping . sorry about the footie tho ,keep smiling !

Ktf.

ANDY.

PS Wait when the surgions have rebuilt maxine ,she will be the bionic woman your not going to keep her off the dance floor !

HI GRAHAM,

I enjoyed the night ,although suffering from the lurgy ,all good sets and nice to see a few new faces who will be back , just like to say what a cracking little soul club "patching " is we will see you in march for another helping . sorry about the footie tho ,keep smiling !

Ktf.

ANDY.

PS Wait when the surgions have rebuilt maxine ,she will be the bionic woman your not going to keep her off the dance floor !

Hi Andy

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif poor Maxine we all wish her a speedy recovery, she will be missed next month :ohmy:

glad you enjoyed the night mate... as you could prob tell after another Derby defeat I'd succumbed to alcohol to ease the pain! ohmy.gif

My list for the night...

UBP - We Are One

The Sunburst Band - Rough Times

E-Smoove - Deja Vu

Vincent Montana Jr. - You Are My Everything

Neo - Smile

Bloodstone - Just Wanna Get The Feel Of It

Isley Brothers - My Love Is Your Love

Edwin Star - My Weakness Is You

The Contours - Just A Little Missunderstanding

Kim Weston - I'm Still Loving You

The Velvelletes - Lonely Lonely Girl Am I

Three Degrees - Contact

Isley Brothers - Why When Love Is Gone

Youngblood Smith - You Can Split

Montclairs - Hung Up On Your Love

Johnny Sayles - I Can't Get Enough

Sidney Barnes - Standing On Solid Ground

Billy Davis - Stanky (Get Funky)

The Drifters - Baby What I mean

Don Covay - It's Better To Have

Bettye Swann - KIss My Love Goodbye

Clarence Carter - Messin' With My Mind

Just wondered Mick if the music you attached to your clips for various nites truly reflected the music to be heard at them?

Genuine enquiry and not a criticism of the music btw. Not relating solely to Patching either for that matter, but peeps do gain an impression of a venue from what you post up. so I just wondered if it was a good indicator for the night(s). :thumbup:

:thumbsup: - Kev

Just wondered Mick if the music you attached to your clips for various nites truly reflected the music to be heard at them?

Genuine enquiry and not a criticism of the music btw. Not relating solely to Patching either for that matter, but peeps do gain an impression of a venue from what you post up. so I just wondered if it was a good indicator for the night(s). :lol:

:thumbsup: - Kev

hi kev

thanks for your post...most of the tunes that i use for the videos are tunes that i have

those that i dont have were either played at the venue in question or have been played there

i usually do a playlist where ever i go and encourage the other djs to do the same so ppl can see the types of music that gets played at that venue as so many ppl say to me...oh i thought it was an oldies venue etc etc

ill be doing a video and a playlist after the stute on sat night and it will be a true reflection of what i or others play there

regards moldie

ps....i can let you have playlists from most of the sussex soul nites