soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

You can get this on the "Get up and get down" UK Philips album. Includes Aaron Neville, Brothers Guiding Light, Annette Snell, Dramatics and more. It'd be hard to find an original 70's compilation better than this. Shouldn't cost much either.

https://snapcrackleandpops.blogspot.com/2009/11/get-up-and-get-down-various-artists.html

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I reckon about £ 75-100 in todays market would be right for a Demo. Issues seem to be even rarer for some reason,only seen one once. Dont think theres any difference in price though.....I assume this track is so tough to find as an original 45 because of the HipHop demand hoovering up any copies for years......Its a really great record !

Good luck with getting hold of a copy,

Best, Ivor

Social source share

I reckon about £ 75-100 in todays market would be right for a Demo. Issues seem to be even rarer for some reason,only seen one once. Dont think theres any difference in price though.....I assume this track is so tough to find as an original 45 because of the HipHop demand hoovering up any copies for years......Its a really great record !

Good luck with getting hold of a copy,

Best, Ivor

Hi Ivor,

Hope you're well mate.

We were talking about this when I played it up at the last Just Soul, you'll recall.

Agree with you on the price... its certainly one of those that when it comes up, you'd better grab it as it doesn't show too often.

There's actually as many RED Issues as WD's on Popsike, which surprised me.

Loved it and played it out for decades, along with the equally brilliant 'Make Me Strong' which (sadly) never made it to 45, but what an incredible piece of music!

Aaron Neville, the voice of an angel, but a bite like a junkyard dog!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

First became aware of this an an Acid Jazz label compilation in the very early 90s.

Looked for one ever since expecting it to be a cheapie, but never found one in good nick (found a couple of clunkers over the years).

Had it on the UK collection mentioned above, which if i remember right also has Brothers Guiding Light on it as well.

Used to play it off that at a 'mixed 70s -90s soul' club that i co-promoted in the early to mid 90s.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Brilliant record Sean........! A Just Soul Classic now :hatsoff2:

In answer to the earlier posts as well : This may well be on vinyl,[though every copy ive seen has been on the dreaded styrene]. Many Mercury issues appear on vinyl as well as styrene,so its entirely plausable.Now that would be a tough call....

I also bought the UK 12" when it came out around late 80`s ? Maybe slightly later ?Back in the sands of time now. I was amazed to see the silly prices being asked for this too. Deejay pressure i guess. Prime candidate for a quality repress i`d say..........

Best,

Ivor

Social source share

I included 'Hercules' on a LP/CD compilation I did back in '92 called, 'Grits & Grooves'...a mixture of Cross-over and 'Rare-Groove' (remember that phrase!?).

Not a bad selection, though I say it myself...pity the graphic designers didn't follow my instructions...the colours they used for the sleeve were not what I had in mind! Sold fairly well though.

:thumbsup:

1 Aaron Neville - Hercules

2 Johnny Adams - I Don't Worry Myself

3 Ted Taylor - Something Strange Is Going On In My House

4 Ann Sexton - Color My World Blue

5 Tommie Young - You Can Only Do Wrong So Long

6 Meters, The - Tippi Toes

7 Maceo & All The King's Men - Got Ta Getcha

8 Ironing Board Sam - Man Of The Street

9 Lee Dorsey - Give It Up

10 Ann Sexton - You're Gonna Miss Me

11 Meters, The - Look-Ka Py-Py

12 Bobby Patterson - I Get My Groove From You

13 Brief Encounter - Human

14 Ted Taylor - How Do You Walk Away From Fear

15 Ann Sexton - I'm His Wife, You're Just A Friend

16 Aaron Neville - Struttin' On A Sunday

17 Meters, The - Chicken Strut

18 Lee Dorsey - Everything I Do Gonh Be Funky (From Now On)

19 Tommie Young - Hit & Run Lover

20 Bobby Patterson - Everything Good To You (Don't Have To Be Good For You)

post-9555-0-25415400-1298090053_thumb.jp

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

You can get this on the "Get up and get down" UK Philips album. Includes Aaron Neville, Brothers Guiding Light, Annette Snell, Dramatics and more. It'd be hard to find an original 70's compilation better than this. Shouldn't cost much either.

https://snapcracklean...us-artists.html

Yes, it's a great compilation!

The Hercules version is a little bit different from the "7.

Different / more keyboards i think on the compilation...

Tolbert

Social source share