sister dawn

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 25
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have a question about this record. The UK Atlantic issue has been mastered REALLY LOUD. Are the Jotis copies like that?

Simon, Not sure mate all we could do is compare them, it's a very big sounding record anyway but would be good to know if they tweeked the volume in the UK.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Has anyone got a copy of Loretta Williams 'Baby cakes' on Jotis for sale. Please contact via pm with price etc...

:(

Dawn

I got UK Atlantic,had me jotis one nicked,payed £30 couple years ago,how much is this worth?.... :)

Social source share

I have a question about this record. The UK Atlantic issue has been mastered REALLY LOUD. Are the Jotis copies like that?

No Simon, they're not - the UK issues are loud to the point of distortion though, aren't they? At first I thought it was just my copy and I still wonder if I should ever have got rid of my Jotis demo!

Hippo.

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Social source share

I got UK Atlantic,had me jotis one nicked,payed £30 couple years ago,how much is this worth?.... :)

=====================

ive got both and the jotis copies are defo the best quality

uk copies are around £50 but as quoted quality is poorer

i played this at the first NC soul nite at wolvo and it went down a storm

ref red Atlantics theres only 5 i need for the whole 584 series,i went mad a few years ago to try and collect em all!!

regards

mark

Social source share

=====================

ive got both and the jotis copies are defo the best quality

uk copies are around £50 but as quoted quality is poorer

i played this at the first NC soul nite at wolvo and it went down a storm

ref red Atlantics theres only 5 i need for the whole 584 series,i went mad a few years ago to try and collect em all!!

regards

mark

I used to play jotis copy till mad welsh weekender,it never found its way home,there are some sad soulies :)

Social source share

No Simon, they're not - the UK issues are loud to the point of distortion though, aren't they? At first I thought it was just my copy and I still wonder if I should ever have got rid of my Jotis demo!

Have to say- I like the fact that the UK 45 is that loud ! It adds to the excitement of the record. As you say though Hippo, borderline distorted. For some reason I really like this 45 on UK-some of them are special to me somehow. I want Vala Regan "Fireman" on UK. A friend who's been an engineer since the early 70's knew the guys who mastered the Atlantic Uk 45's. The black Atlantic's via Decca (is that right ??) have a better sound generally. It was a different guy at Polydor for the red ones apparently. "Baby Cakes" seems to be unique in that over the top sound. Isn't there a Maxine Brown version on CD as well?

P.S. The Dells "Your Song" on UK 12" is another very loud record!

Oh my god I'm rambling....

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Have to say- I like the fact that the UK 45 is that loud ! It adds to the excitement of the record. As you say though Hippo, borderline distorted. A friend who's been an engineer since the early 70's knew the guys who mastered the Atlantic Uk 45's. The black Atlantic's via Decca (is that right ??) have a better sound generally. It was a different guy at Polydor for the red ones apparently. "Baby Cakes" seems to be unique in that over the top sound. Isn't there a Maxine Brown version on CD as well?

P.S. The Dells "Your Song" on UK 12" is another very loud record!

Dont matter a jot!!just crank up the volume,or down.......... :)

Social source share

Awesome track this Ken Thank you :thumbsup: Gonna be perfect for the Ad-lib, back to the roots, venue I am djaying at next Saturday (15th) Its the 40th anniversary of soul being played at the venue and am up on the decks with the original soul boys from back in the day, so this track will be perfect. Thanks again. Dawn xxx

Social source share

Awesome track this Ken Thank you :rolleyes: Gonna be perfect for the Ad-lib, back to the roots, venue I am djaying at next Saturday (15th) Its the 40th anniversary of soul being played at the venue and am up on the decks with the original soul boys from back in the day, so this track will be perfect. Thanks again. Dawn xxx

i sold kenny boy that copy at the rocket 2 or thee years back, i regretted it to be honest. :thumbsup:

it was actually in my collection for twenty five or more years so you know where it was for some of those forty :yes:

i bought it off of leicester market as a lad.

lee

Social source share

i sold kenny boy that copy at the rocket 2 or thee years back, i regretted it to be honest. :rolleyes:

it was actually in my collection for twenty five or more years so you know where it was for some of those forty :thumbsup:

i bought it off of leicester market as a lad.

lee

Proof positive,i do buy records..... :yes:

Social source share

proof indeed kenneth, and i seem to recall you unearthing frankie and johnny from a shop in camden about 1986/7 so that's at least two you've bought in 20 years lol.

lee

67p,uk green & silver demo,i`ve had lots rarer finds since.... :yes: Sue Lynne;uk demo 5p,is just one of them. :thumbsup:

Social source share