Richard Marks - Living My Life

Agent45

Anyone have information about this particular 45? Ideally, I'd love to talk with whomever won it on ebay last year. Ideally, I'd love to know how many are "known" to be out there and what it sounds like. This is one I didn't know about in the Note discography until it turned up on ebay about a year ago.

Note 7211 Richard Marks - Living My Life (Day By Day) / Ups and Downs

300396764028.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Deep makes sense. The pattern of the label, and Richard's other output as well, makes me think one side will be mid to up tempo and funky, though obviously I have no real idea. I guess nobody knows who won this one?

he hasn't made any other deep soul records why would this one be deep ? mid tempo or funky would be my guess........

its amazing this stuff is still turning up as late as this I had no idea about this.

Social source share

he hasn't made any other deep soul records why would this one be deep ? mid tempo or funky would be my guess........

its amazing this stuff is still turning up as late as this I had no idea about this.

Amazing indeed, Dylan! Oh - he did make a deep record.

"You're the Only Thing I've Got Going For Me" on Tragar, flip of the uptempo funk tune "You've Got A Spell On Me" Also, the Note 45 was recorded at New London studio in Birmingham, 1974. All signs point to a ballad on (at least) one side of this 45 as Steve G suggested. There again, I'm purely speculating.

Social source share

Amazing indeed, Dylan! Oh - he did make a deep record.

"You're the Only Thing I've Got Going For Me" on Tragar, flip of the uptempo funk tune "You've Got A Spell On Me" Also, the Note 45 was recorded at New London studio in Birmingham, 1974. All signs point to a ballad on (at least) one side of this 45 as Steve G suggested. There again, I'm purely speculating.

thats a bill wright record unless it came out by both artsists :thumbsup: richard marks may have hand a hand in writing it though.

Social source share

Pretty sure I saw this on eBay. 99 percent sure there was a sound clip and I was unimpressed.

Think it was pricey too, as I recall.

Sean

it sold for $800 its on popsike the soundclips are embedded in the link but don't work anymore.

brian i've learnt most of what I know about georgia soul from your site so I wasn't trying to win any points :thumbsup:

Social source share

Errrr I think messy southern funk. Otherwise I'd have probably bought it.

:0)

Sean

I wish that one of us had won it, Sean! I'm sure I'd have a lot fewer questions if so....I'm dying to get home to my laptop to see if I had set a snipe on this or if I managed to snag the mp3 files that were posted. Ha!

Oh and Dylan...you already have plenty of points in my book.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!