Who Did It First:this Love-Jaytones/love Potion

Hammersoul

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just pulled this out of box :This love-The Love Potion on Tcb records...

Who did it first??Any ideas of years both were released??

Clock is ticking..:thumbsup:

Wayne, it's the same recording mate. The group are the "Joytones", the Kapp issue was acording to the writer Al Stewart (co writer with Tony Middleton) kinda nicked! and put out by Kapp as "The Love Potion" they even changed the writers? first came out on Co-Ed in I think 1965? then Tcb and Kapp a few years later, Kapp being the last one in I think 1969?

hth

steve

Edited by Soul-Integrity
Social source share

Wayne, it's the same recording mate. The group are the "Joytones", the Kapp issue was acording to the writer Al Stewart (co writer with Tony Middleton) kinda nicked! and put out by Kapp as "The Love Potion" they even changed the writers? first came out on Co-Ed in I think 1965? then Tcb and Kapp a few years later, Kapp being the last one in I think 1969?

hth

steve

Hi Steve,i thought they were the same Artist cos the recording sound the same .Any ideas what year the Tcb one came out anyone??

You were quick off the blocks fella,hope your both well :thumbsup:

Social source share

George Paxton and Marvin Cane formed Coed Records, Inc. in New York City in 1958, and had offices at 1619 Broadway in the Brill Building. [1] George Paxton produced many of the songs on this label, most of which were of the East Coast Doo-wop group style, and some of these became hit songs of the day. Between 1958 and 1964, Coed's biggest acts included the Crests, the Rivieras, the Duprees, the Harptones, and Adam Wade, among others. Paxton's big-band background came in particularly handy with the Duprees, who combined group vocals with deliberately nostalgic swing orchestra backing on hits like "You Belong to Me" and "Why Don't You Believe Me."[2] Other highlights include the Crests' "Sixteen Candles" and three songs from the group's so-called "angel series," "The Angels Listened In," "Pretty Little Angel," and "Trouble in Paradise".[2] Coed Records went out of business by 1964.

[edit]

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert