IOW August Bank Holiday

Guest Kolla

Guest Kolla

Is anyone going to the I.O.W. scooter rally, August bank holiday ? Bar Italia SC are going so if anyone wants to ride down with us on the Friday, contact Al or me via this forum.

I used to go to all the Untouchable events at the rally (since it was a safe bet you'd hear great music and punters were err.. how should I say this, cleaner than your average camper). I haven't been the last couple of years (since NUTS abandoned the island) so does anyone know what soul events are on this year ?

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Kolla I though two bob rob didn't host it in IOW anymore, i though it had moved to Margate. There always were about 8 dos on apart from the NUTs one, is it a case that they carried on regardless? It was a blast going from venue to venue on a saturday night, that, along with scaring the natives made it a fun weekend.....

Guest Kolla

Hurly girly - you didnae read my post properly.. I know Rob and chums fled to Margate a couple of years ago. That's the reason I'm asking if anyone knows what the alternatives are at the IOW rally...

I want to avoid anywhere that might spring a hideous surprise on me ... for example - One time I wandered into a bar that was playing Northern tunes... NEXT thing i know they brought on Ian Page as a surprise guest PA (that happened to me a few years ago and never really got over it)

Mischief - where are you and Naughty going to be swinging your flares ?

Mischief - where are you and Naughty going to be swinging your flares ? (Flares - Don't bring that one on here)

Hi ya kolla,

we have a northern do on, at the Crown it's at the top of Ryde high st.. It's 90% northern 10% to keep your mates happy, that don't like northern..

Dj's Mick Lloyd (One of my Fav dj's always sheer quality, and plays some top R'n'B.. he's big play at moment is "What Side Your Bread Is Buttered On - Diane Pane ...)) what a record

Pete Kelross co Promoter of Bisley

Myself --Mischief .. anything that came out on the Pickwick label..(shouldn't laugh..benny troy I wanna give you tomorrow one of my top all time tunes..Delite!! also mentions pickwick on there...where am I going with this?)

Gregor and another couple of lads.(means don't know there names..)

Any way the do is FREE so get there early 8 till 2 I think.. but am finding out as I should know this really..

FORGOT TO MENTION ITS ON ALL 3 NIGHTS AND ALL 3 NIGHTS ITS FREE.

Guest micksmith

O TO BE YOUNG AGAIN-WHAT NO JIMI HENDRIX.

THE STEVENAGE SCOOTER BOYS-(YES I DID HAVE A SCOOTER-TV 175 SLIMSTYLE) PREFERRED TO GO TO GT YARMOUTH OR SAFFEND, ENDING UP OVER BEDFORD AND GIVING THEM LOT A PASTIN'-CAUSE THE FINCHLEY BOYS USED TO COME TO STEVENAGE AND GIVE US A PASTIN'.

KOLLA NEW TAPE COMING ON NICELY-SOME NICE STUFF.

Guest in town Mikey

Fellow TV 175 er here. Beautiful, silver 8 mirros, 5 lights, and three ariels. (no fox tail, that is murder) Cost me a fiver from a bitter divorced wife ;-))

Sold it to a guy who turned it into a ratty chop.

I've never been right since.

As soon as I was 17 in 1975 I got me first scooter, after first wanting one when I was about 10. Very useful for transport to soulnights around sw lancs, St helens Court School of Dancing(I kid you not) then Geraldo Club, on Thursday Leyland Public Hall on Monday, and Wigan most of the rest of the week.

Anyone remember the Backstabbers Scooter Club from St Helens? From around 1973. They used to come over to Burscough Football Cub Soul night on Tuesdays.

Guest Johnny One Trout

Spookily enough one of the girls from our office told me today that she is off to the IOW for a scroter rallee (gawd help you all) It's her third or fourth rally but her first travelling on a scootery thing, made me chuckle i can tell you.

If that wasn't enough a guy came down to audit my filing system to comply with the Freedom of information act & at the end of it he noticed the 45 i had as a screen saver and asked me if i was into Northern well obviously i said yes but more your 70's stuff and blow me down if that wasn't exactly what he was into as well :o))

The Capt'n

I'm a bit late to this thread but I was going to say that we at Hipshaker also have 3 nights at the IOW. Guest DJ's over the 3 nights are Paul Hallam, Rob Messer, Richard Brown, Eddie Piller, Pete Tebbutt, Dom Cater, Shifty, Molly and Jim Watson.

As ever though with the IOW the choice this year is very good:

VFM @ The Ice Rink (scooter orientated)

Tribute bands + DJ's@ Ryde Theatre

Reggae/Ska @ The Town Club

RSG @ Yelfs (Sun)

The do mentioned by Mr Mischief

DJ's @ The Squadron (3 Button Heroes Sun)

and Hipshaker @ The Ryde Castle

Plenty of choice ... the ability to wander as some are free and most are £5 or £6.

In reply to the comment about "scooter boys" at Hipshaker. We operate without dress restrictions and as such we attract a wide variety of people in. We hope that the different people are tolerant of, and considerate to, each other and that no-one feels threatened. However, we will monitor the atmosphere and hopefully if anything like that mentoned occurs we can deal with it. e.g.remove the problem/ensure that those causing it don't attend again etc.

All in al though the atmosphere is usually excellent and feedback good ..... hopefully the same this year.

Overall though, as I said before ... plenty of choice.

In reply to the comment about "scooter boys" at Hipshaker. We operate without dress restrictions and as such we attract a wide variety of people in. We hope that the different people are tolerant of, and considerate to, each other and that no-one feels threatened. However, we will monitor the atmosphere and hopefully if anything like that mentoned occurs we can deal with it. e.g.remove the problem/ensure that those causing it don't attend again etc.

All in al though the atmosphere is usually excellent and feedback good ..... hopefully the same this year.

With the amount of people we get at the IOW, every do will have it's idiot....

Hope hipshaker goes well.. was going to come and see Richard play, but can't now.. sorry..

Richard if your on here.. we will have that beer and discuss latest buys as always...

Cheers Mischief ..... and in the true spirit of harmony not always seen on the various scenes I hope yours goes well too.

The IOW is great .... thousands of people ..... scooters ..... plenty of do's ..... usually the best weather in the UK ....... and a nice little boat ride to make you think you're really going on holiday.

Cheers... roll on... 19 days to go (I on the Thursday)...

ummm time to plug the Northern Allnighter on the IOW in January me thinks...

see the flyers page...for full details The Allnighters Saturday and we are having a free warm up do on the Friday....

Dj's

Soul Sam

The great Dart Player Dave Abbot

Moldie

Mischief

(see flyers page for full list)

Chalets are £60 for 2 nights for up to 6 people.. yes £10 each for 2 nights Allnighter tickets are £10... Free do Friday night... if you can't make Friday night, then the Chalets are £40 for up to 6 of you for Sat night..

As the wise well dressed man on the telly would say "Cheap as Chips"

There was an allnighter last year (and the year before I think) but Sean is not involved this year. I thought Rob Messer was going to run one this year but have seen nothing about it advertised anywhere.

Mischief, yep I'm here matey ;-). Sure will be good to catch up with you and Em. Best of luck with your Do's.

Will you be going to the Specials SC Family Day on the 22nd? I'll be dj'ing there as a warm up for the IOW.

At all the Hipshaker Do's I've been to both as a punter and to dj I've only ever experienced a great crowd that are really up for it. I've only ever seen one idiot and he was dealt with very rapidly.

cheers

Richard

Guest Johnny One Trout

Hey Captain,

Is that a real Trout Mask or just a replica?

WOOF!

You've got me sussed Mr Dog it is indeed a replica!!!!! I thought i would be safe as milk with that one on here. Having said that i don't like to think of it as a Replica but more of a boot if you will ;o))

JoT

Guest Kolla

safe as milk with that one on here

If it was safe as milk, i wouldn't scream everytime I log onto the forum. It's too scary Johnny. Ever since the Sopranos clip with the talking fish i've been suspicious of these scaley things. And then ya go and fuse it with my top room 101 object. A CLOWN!

Back to scooters n' soul. >> WHo's taken over the Ryde Theatre since NuTs left town?

O TO BE YOUNG AGAIN-WHAT NO JIMI HENDRIX.

THE STEVENAGE SCOOTER BOYS-(YES I DID HAVE A SCOOTER-TV 175 SLIMSTYLE) PREFERRED TO GO TO GT YARMOUTH OR SAFFEND, ENDING UP OVER BEDFORD AND GIVING THEM LOT A PASTIN'-CAUSE THE FINCHLEY BOYS USED TO COME TO STEVENAGE AND GIVE US A PASTIN'.

KOLLA NEW TAPE COMING ON NICELY-SOME NICE STUFF.

Oooh Mick, thats the only lammy I like, great scooter!

Guest Kolla

Janine - welcome back girl! Hope everything is ok.

The forum has been a madhouse in your absence! You're off 5 minutes and it all turns into darts and doughnuts.

Kolla ........ It's Magg, the guy who promotes the Jamm and other acts. He puts bands and DJ's on. This year is:

Fri - More Specials

Sat - Players

Sun - The Jamm & Who's Who

DJ's are Kev Lock, Soulful Sally, Dave Porter.

You've got me sussed Mr Dog it is indeed a replica!!!!! I thought i would be safe as milk with that one on here. Having said that i don't like to think of it as a Replica but more of a boot if you will ;o))

JoT

Only Safe As Milk if theres a Clear Spot......

Let's keep this part of the thread Strictly Personal.

I'm a Shiny Beast afterall.....

WOOF!