Irene & The Scotts

Guest Kolla

Guest Kolla

I've just heard Irene & The Scotts - "I'm Stuck On My Baby" for the first time and fell over myself. My god, that woman has a voice.

Can anyone tell me what label it's on and how much I'd have to shell out for it ?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is this what they call agro soul...lol serious now what a tune as with Chalkys comments, very under played, perhaps this quality tune needs some playing.....

I've had a white promo for years since Stafford period, £30.00 sounds about right for this, still if it's given some turntable action it may go up in value, it's quality should give it a bigger price tag, still price has little to do with quality does it?

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Irma And The Fasinators - Lost Love - Scepter, is also up there with this one.

Social source share

, still if it's given some turntable action it may go up in value, it's quality should give it a bigger price tag, still price has little to do with quality does it? Regards - Mark Bicknell

Mark you have hit the nail on the head, how many times have we and others had this conversation, i have yet to hear a song with my wallet. Of course there are incredible sounds out there that are fetching huge prices but when these songs were released , how much was the asking price... a

few cents?. Of course the rare soul scene has always attracted big prices for "in demand" records but occasionaly (with my ears anyway) certain sounds are revered solely for there obscurity and not their quality.....and at the sake of getting lambasted the likes of Billy Woods "Let Me Make You Happy" (Sussex) i find ordinary (i know its all down to personal taste et al) but there is a culture of " i have more expensive/obscuritys than you........just really trying to say that great sounds are great sounds irregardless of the price that accompanies it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!