News: "dab Of Soul" Nantwich-An Announcement

As many of you will know the Nantwich Night Train soul nights are to finish after a fantastic run of 14 years!

Both Dave and I were keen to keep running our successful "Dab of Soul" sessions we currently run in the upstairs room at the Civic.

After much deliberation I can confirm that we have decided to leave the Civic Hall and have found a new venue in the Crown Hotel in Nantwich. We could have still held "Dab" in the upstairs room as a stand alone venue but after taking the costs into consideration we felt it was time for a move! The venue itself dates back to 1583 and is one of the oldest buildings in Nantwich. There is a nice size dance floor, excellent sound system and seperate bar at our disposal, as i said you really do have to see it to appreciate it! We are also in a position to offer discounted rooms to anyone who wants to stay over.

We will be running the night bi-monthly on a Friday from May. We have chosen a Frday to avoid clashing with other local nights all of which seem to be on a Saturday.

Negotiations are under way but we are hopeful we can keep our originally advertised 2011 line-up.

I`d like to take this oppotunity to thank Ray for his support during our stay at the Civic. Also, a massive thank you to everyone who supported "Dab" at the Civic, hope you can all make it to the new venue...I promise you will love it!

Meanwhile, please dont forget to join us for a special night on our final night at the Civic on March 19th.

Chris and Dave.

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

As many of you will know the Nantwich Night Train soul nights are to finish after a fantastic run of 14 years!

Both Dave and I were keen to keep running our successful "Dab of Soul" sessions we currently run in the upstairs room at the Civic.

After much deliberation I can confirm that we have decided to leave the Civic Hall and have found a new venue in the Crown Hotel in Nantwich. We could have still held "Dab" in the upstairs room as a stand alone venue but after taking the costs into consideration we felt it was time for a move! The venue itself dates back to 1583 and is one of the oldest buildings in Nantwich. There is a nice size dance floor, excellent sound system and seperate bar at our disposal, as i said you really do have to see it to appreciate it! We are also in a position to offer discounted rooms to anyone who wants to stay over.

We will be running the night bi-monthly on a Friday from May. We have chosen a Frday to avoid clashing with other local nights all of which seem to be on a Saturday.

Negotiations are under way but we are hopeful we can keep our originally advertised 2011 line-up.

I`d like to take this oppotunity to thank Ray for his support during our stay at the Civic. Also, a massive thank you to everyone who supported "Dab" at the Civic, hope you can all make it to the new venue...I promise you will love it!

Meanwhile, please dont forget to join us for a special night on our final night at the Civic on March 19th.

Chris and Dave.

Good luck Chris, not as though you will need it, I'm sure this will be a massive success yes.gif

Social source share

thanks guys for your kind words and suport both past and future

as chris said and you can see from the pics the room and venue

is just brilliant.

to say it,s been a bit of a stressful time is an understatment

decididng which way to go but the more we think about it the more convinced we are we,ve made the

right decision, as thing transpire and take shape we will keep you all informed.

so lets make the last night at the civic a night to remember before we move to pastures new

regards

dave lucas

Social source share

Mark,

Yes and of course Dave and I will be able to make the Greatstone now too!

Dont worry the round table and table cloths will be replaced by smaller rectangle tables and no table cloths to give it a more traditional soul night look on Dab nights!

We did look at all of the Saturdays, even agreed dates to minimise clashes but it just didn`t feel right as we still clashed with something. Then we looked at Fridays....Happy days!

Thanks for all of the comments and support guys, really appreciated.

Chris

Social source share

Mark,

Yes and of course Dave and I will be able to make the Greatstone now too!

Dont worry the round table and table cloths will be replaced by smaller rectangle tables and no table cloths to give it a more traditional soul night look on Dab nights!

We did look at all of the Saturdays, even agreed dates to minimise clashes but it just didn`t feel right as we still clashed with something. Then we looked at Fridays....Happy days!

Thanks for all of the comments and support guys, really appreciated.

Chris

Hi Chris

it is easier for me to get out on a friday night

happy days :hatsoff2:

mark

Social source share