2011-03-05: 100 Club-6Ts

• Replies 61
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Another top night at the 100. Special thanks to Nick for the Mr Percolator track - a fine splash of the Southern stuff. Top draw. Big thanks as ever to Ady and all involved.

Good to see you saturday Craig, yes Mr Percolator great track, been playing it at Solid Hit on & off for the last 3 years or so (since Des sold it me very cheaply smile.gif ), I'll stick it in the box for April mate :thumbsup: .

Not sure think it may be an Andy Dyson discovery/play from way back ?

Great to see Nick & Dawn out DJing reviving memories of Scenesville (happy days !!!)

A good night, unfortunately sleep crept up once I wearily sat down but good to be at the 100 without worrying whether it'll be the last one :lol:

Guest Goldwax

Good to see you saturday Craig, yes Mr Percolator great track, been playing it at Solid Hit on & off for the last 3 years or so (since Des sold it me very cheaply smile.gif ), I'll stick it in the box for April mate :thumbsup: .

Nick had mentioned it before his set, knowing my penchant for southern stuff, and I knew I had heard it out when he played it but I couldn't think where. Will look forward to April SHS mate :lol:

If anyone's curious, or wants to refresh their memory, the Mr Percolator track is in Refosoul - just search for "Mr Percolator" and you'll get it!

There's also some interesting biographical stuff on Pearstine at the peerless Sir Shambling website - google "Mr Percolator" and it should be the first thing up.

Happy hunting!

Nick

It was a pleasingly good night and considering a lot of faces had headed to Stoke, very encouraging that the 100 Club is always busy when this time last year it was always quiet.

The relatively less numbers of die-hard soul folk meant that it thinned out a bit quicker than normal but there were still plenty at the end to share the floor with Geoff for Any Day Now. The DJs as usual were thoroughly entertaining and as progressive as they could afford to be, which is the right formula in my eyes. It was no surprise the Browns delivered; they know the London scene backwards.

The surprise of the night for me was Butch playing Toni & The Showmen, has he got a different mix or take? It's not a tune I associate with him (or are my ears shot?)

The highlight of the night was being told all the stage lights had blown an hour before the do, I had to take my bedside light down so we could see the records. I don't think anybody noticed though! Hopefully by the next one there'll have been a few improvements.

Both Marva Holliday and Candi went down very well and Billy & Clyde's taking off too.

Cheers

Ady

It was a pleasingly good night and considering a lot of faces had headed to Stoke, very encouraging that the 100 Club is always busy when this time last year it was always quiet.

The relatively less numbers of die-hard soul folk meant that it thinned out a bit quicker than normal but there were still plenty at the end to share the floor with Geoff for Any Day Now. The DJs as usual were thoroughly entertaining and as progressive as they could afford to be, which is the right formula in my eyes. It was no surprise the Browns delivered; they know the London scene backwards.

The surprise of the night for me was Butch playing Toni & The Showmen, has he got a different mix or take? It's not a tune I associate with him (or are my ears shot?)

The highlight of the night was being told all the stage lights had blown an hour before the do, I had to take my bedside light down so we could see the records. I don't think anybody noticed though! Hopefully by the next one there'll have been a few improvements.

Both Marva Holliday and Candi went down very well and Billy & Clyde's taking off too.

Cheers

Ady

That'll be cos I sold mine last year........spect it'll be 4 figures now :D .......so pleased my favourite Nighter is still smashing it up..................Since working in Baghdad my leave has never fallen right once !!!......soooooo looking forward to getting back down them stairs.....

Love it......Russ

Cheers

Ady

As usual,my finger's on the pulse...not....:D .Was it a different take?

Sorry to take a week to say this, but I had a fab time on Saturday at the 100 Club. I was saying to Nick, that for me, there was something reminiscent to when I started to attend in the 80's. An open minded crowd with enthusiasm and energy to dance etc. I have to admit that I had a couple of glasses of wine too many, which saw me doing a combination of switching off the decks, trying to take one of Nick's newly lined up records off , thinking that I had just played it, to put in my own box (my eyes really need testing even without the wine), and numerous episodes of almost falling over. Dignity never was my middle name. I really enjoyed the Candi Staton record Ady, but must have missed Marva somehow. Spoke to lots of lovely people, old and new. Glad that Geoff had such a lovely birthday celebration. Hope the 100 Club continues to be as successful.

All The Best,

Dawn