An Apology From Swish

Thank you Paul.

Thank you very very much for giving me the benefit of the doubt. Your kind words eased my guilt a hell of a lot. Thank you.

I can't get on Soul source at moment. (Dunno if password has run out or I am barred).

I would be very grateful i you would copy and paste this apology, for me on the forum, thank you old buddy.

=====================================================================================================

THIS IS AN APOLOGY TO ALL I HAVE OFFENDED

From time to time I have bouts of deep depression, often through drinking and (etc), but not always.

When I am like this, I will often, say the wrong things without thinking about what I am saying.

Luckily I aren't like this most of the time, as you will see, I have made far more kind and decent posts on here than angry depressed ones.

Trev on here, although, kindly saying it was an honour to know me, did mention I had a dark side. This is my dark side.

I always regret what I have said, as I never mean to hurt anyone not really. I am sure some of you know what depression can be like.

You would not believe how much I hate myself, when the depression passes and I realise that I may have hurt people, through thoughtless words.

VERY VERY SORRY

Swish

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Basingstokie Sarah

A note from Dave Evison.. The following has been written and checked by Dave and these are his words....

Before things get out of hand i would like the opportunity to defend myself over recent comments made by Swish from York

Firstly, I attended the then Golden Torch on a very regular basis from 1968- 1971 as a punter, and as a regular allnighter goer when it became the Torch. I have never DJ'd at a Torch nighter and have never professed to. However, I did DJ once at the Torch at a Friday soul night all be it for 15 minutes, sharing a spot with the late Phil Morgan.

My only claim to fame at the Torch was ferrying cups of coffee to Major Lance when he recorded his album. There is a photo of me, inside the Torch, in the sleeve notes I was honoured to write for the Torch Story on Goldmine. Chris Burton, the owner, was, and still is, a dear friend of mine, and can concur with this.

Finally, thanks for the dozens of kind messages I have received since the rather cutting and may i say, uncalled for, remarks that were posted recently.

Surprisingly, I am not upset or angry about these comments, but more saddened that they have come from someone i considered a friend.

In fairness to him, he has apologised to "TO ALL I HAVE OFFENDED" but not contacted me personally. Im 60 in March...I don't bite and you and I have been on this scene too long to fall out.

Thanks

Dave Evison

Social source share