• Replies 8
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 6 months later...

Definitely same guy. However, Tide is the later versions. Coronado was '59 or '60, with the Shieks; Tide is '66. Notice "E Williams" as writer, and both cuts have been reissued digitally on "Best of Tide". The "Triune" showing under writers pertains to the 3 partners in Tide, who put their names on almost everything. I was an artist on Tide in '63-64 and I wrote a story on the label that Goldmine published in 1990, so I have ton's of info. However, I didn't know about this artist until recently and, since he was reportedly from the Odessa, TX area, I'd LOVE to know how he made the connection to this L.A. label! Re: dating, I show Tide 2008-2016 as 1966 (2012 was probably 10/66) and I'm missing entries for 2009, 2013 & 2014. I'm interested in ANY info on Williams!

Social source share

Correction: Coronado was '64, not '59-60. I've just seen a label scan with a RCA matrix. The erroneous info came from a published Coronado label disgog. Apparently, the orig. Coronado single (#112) was "You Left Your Happiness (Here In My Room)"/"I Just Can't Help Myself". Then there is "Trade My Soul To The Devil", but I don't know the label or the flip. Anyone? Also, Williams recorded at least one other song for Tide, "Too Many Times", but it may have been unreleased. I welcome any additions, comments, etc.

Social source share