The Orwell

Guest Johnny One Trout

Guest Johnny One Trout

Friday 27th AUGUST

The ORWELL, Wigan Pier, Wigan

One of the leading venues in the country for quality 60's, 70's & 80's Northern, Modern & Crossover....................or TENT MUSIC as we like to call it! Regular DJ's Steve Plumb, Steve Connor, Barry Maleady & Brian Flanders (Flanny) are joined by Special Guests ARTHUR FENN and flying in specially for the occasion THE NIGHTINGALES (pun intended that's old Trouty and Ali BTW). Travellers are coming from all over the country to listen and dance to quality tuneage of the highest order. This is also a good place to buy and sell those elusive 45's as some fine dealers are always in attendance. The night runs from 9pm until 2am with a late late bar. £5 on the door Directions - Head for Wigan Town centre and follow the Brown 'Tourist' signs for Wigan Pier. See you there!

JoT

Probably the best soul night i've ever been to ............................................

Go on you know you wanna

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Nah mate i'm off to Prestwich mini nighter tonight.

If you are going to see Mr Willingham perform ask him to play the Sophisticates "I really hope you do" a bloody fantastic record probably a little slow if it's full of people wanting Wigan Oldies but if it's quiet it's a must!!!!!! ;o)))

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

Mick / Kolla can you put this event in the guide for me for some reason the work server is blocking me today!!!! Don't know why

Thank you very glad

John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Johnny One Trout

A gentle reminder to all you lovely people that next Friday the Trout will be in attendance and assaulting your earholes with Troutmusic with his lovely wife Alison ably supported by some blokes from Ooop North and Arfur Fenn LOL ;o)))))))

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

I would love to join you at this, but have been informed I'm not allowed out.

Karen it's the sort of place you could take Ray to without being embarrassed ;o))

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

JoT

I'm coming friday with a well know dj

looking forward to hearing your spot & meeting up again

any other SSCDT going or whay ?

I shall look forward to it young man it's been a long time. We are on for the warm up spot from 9-10 or have i said that before LOL ;o)))

Take care and see you on Saturday

JoT

Guest Johnny One Trout

I shall look forward to it young man it's been a long time. We are on for the warm up spot from 9-10 or have i said that before LOL ;o)))

Take care and see you on Saturday

JoT

Der!!!!!! I obviously meant see you on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Der!!!!!! I obviously meant see you on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not a case of the promoting on web trick number 32

make a mistake so have reason to mention it again:))))

:) anyway, just thought throw up a comment so dont forget that rule where if you mention a event 3 times, you are obliged to write a review is still valid :)

Guest Johnny One Trout

not a case of the promoting on web trick number 32

make a mistake so have reason to mention it again:))))

:) anyway, just thought throw up a comment so dont forget that rule where if you mention a event 3 times, you are obliged to write a review is still valid :)

I thought that if you mentioned an event 3 times the promoter bought you drinks all night LOL

No worries Mike i'll do a review and playlist for Ali and myself and if i stay sober long enough may even get past the 10:30 watershed (First toilet break and flushing away of any significant memories of the night) May even have some photos to put up of people scratching their chins and nodding their heads ;o)))

It wasn't trick number 32 either i am bare faced enough not to need a reason to make insignificant posts ;o)))

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

Can you believe someone had the cheek to send me a reminder of the Orwell on Friday night i could hardly believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any way he is a mate and one of the promoters so i thought it would be rude not to nudge this to the top of the pile again ;o))

John

Don't blame me blame Steve Plumb made me do it so please direct all objections to him on the night in person (trick number 24 it's not my fault guv my mate made me do it trick. Sometimes called the Grass ;o)))

Guest Johnny One Trout

gone past a review now, expecting a 60 min filmed documentary at the very least, make sure you film carpark on way in

LOL look i said it wasn't my fault i was coerced honest injun ;o))))

I shall of course do my best to satisfy your everlasting quest for full and comprehensive reviews. Thing is if you are doing a documentary in Wigin how on earth do you do it without getting Russ poping up somewhere telling tales of smouldering pianos and midnight parcels from Sousan ;o))

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

John, will you be playing Patience Valentine and Emmet Garner Jnr on friday at

'T Orwell two of my all time fave crossover CHOONS !!!!!!!!

Mick

Ooooh Bloody hell I'd forgotten about those two they are both still sat in our sales box from Prestwich not even played them yet!!!!! I shall carefully extract them this evening and give them a loving spin and let you know.

See you on Friday for a few scoops no doubt Mick it's looking quite good there seem to be a fair few travelling up to Wigan - Remember just follow the brown National Heritage signs to the Pier LOL ;o)))

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

A message from the Plumbster

Next Orwell (after this Friday) is Friday 22nd October..It's a 'Missing Yarmouth' Special, with guests Bob Cosby and the Brothers Ripolles (Dave & Jordi)

Will post next years events as we get them. In 2005 we are going monthly from January!

Cheers

Steve

Sounds like an unmissable event to me if you enjoy all things Yarmoof or all things Orwellian then it has to be a must Dave the Dentist has arguably one of the finest collections of it's type around probably the most criminally underused DJ's around at the moment IMVFHO oh and his OLD brother Jordi ain't tooo shoddy either ;o))))) added to which he is an esteemed member of this here forum and regular talking head for Manifesto so looks like a date xxx

Don't know who that Bob bloke is though!!!!!!!!! LOL ;o))))))

John

This is an update for a forthcoming event and not an incorigable attempt to boost the post to the top lest ye forget ;o)

Guest Johnny One Trout

I'm just waiting to see what you use tomorrow :) ))))

as can post on forum via mobile, may be a few openings there on drive up:)

Funny you should say that Ali's been dying to get her WAPS out for the boys!!!!!!!

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

Been thinking about this Mike and as it is August Bank Holiday weekend notoriously the worst weekend of the year to get into a car and drive anywhere is there any facilities on site for real time traffic updates and route planners for venues?

I would have put this query somewhere else but i really couldn't think of where ;o))

In case any one has forgotten it is the Orwell tonight probably the country's finest TENT music venue if you do come along be sure and say hello I'll be the one blowing dust off my record box in the corner by the decks.

JoT

Guest Johnny One Trout

Right just about to finish work so that i can set off nice and early to get to Standish for a pie and pea supper before the Orwell see y'all there ;o))))

Johnners