Forest Town Welfare,still New Promoters

Boxerbeat

ABIT LATE POSTING,BUT BETTER LATE THAN NEVER,THIS FRIDAY AT FOREST TOWN WELFARE WE HAVE THE PLEASURE OF GUEST DJ TED MASSEY,thumbsup.gif AND I CAN ASURE YOU HE PLAYS SOME LOVELY SOUNDS OF NORTHREN SOUL ,NOT TO BE MISSED,HE WILL BE BACKED UP BY IAN {THE SOUL FATHER}GEE,AND MYSELF{CARL}

7.30 TILL 12.30,FOREST TOWN WELFARE,CLIPSTONE ROAD WEST,FOREST TOWN,MANSFIELD,NOTTSNG19 0EE,CONTACT CARL 07794 131089,IAN 07535145507.KTF,CARL..................:ohmy:

• Replies 91
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

ABIT LATE POSTING,BUT BETTER LATE THAN NEVER,THIS FRIDAY AT FOREST TOWN WELFARE WE HAVE THE PLEASURE OF GUEST DJ TED MASSEY,:yes: AND I CAN ASURE YOU HE PLAYS SOME LOVELY SOUNDS OF NORTHREN SOUL ,NOT TO BE MISSED,HE WILL BE BACKED UP BY IAN {THE SOUL FATHER}GEE,AND MYSELF{CARL}

Me and Karen will be down for this one Carl :ohmy:

See you Friday

Steve B

Hello All

Forest Town this Friday, KWH last Saturday night, I hope the dancers can cope with it. I have no doubt Mr Piper will have his troops ready for Friday night with our very special guest, Sir Ted Massey. What a pleasure it will be to have Ted gracing our decks with his wonderful sounds. Happy Birthday in advance Ted.

Hopefully it will be a good one, look forward to catching up with Steve and Karen and everyone else.

KTF

Ian G

Edited by iansgee

Hello All

Forest Town this Friday, KWH last Saturday night, I hope the dancers can cope with it. I have no doubt Mr Piper will have his troops ready for Friday night with our very special guest, Sir Ted Massey. What a pleasure it will be to have Ted gracing our decks with his wonderful sounds. Happy Birthday in advance Ted.

Hopefully it will be a good one, look forward to catching up with Steve and Karen and everyone else.

KTF

Ian G

Thanks Ian really looking forward to it 3 times in mansfield in a week car drives its self there now :yes:

Guest soul over easy

meself ,ninja nige from coalville, kaz [aka] dusty springfield and her side kick do as yure told jason lol [aka] paul weller will be in attendance for this one .... as any of you dj,s could any of you dj,s please play something like the furys [ im atisfied withyou] jackie lee [do the temptation walk] mike post [ afternoon on the rhino ] would be great if we could hear at least one of them ? any way looking forward to a belting night with ian carl and ted ...... ktf tommo.

Guest Grov1

:D Hi Carl n Ian,

Definitely gonna be down for at least a couple of hours to let the young'en stretch his legs before Saturday.

Lookin forward to it as always

Scott n Elliot :thumbsup:

Yes Please Ted. :thumbsup:

maybe not the tranells though pete, never before has such a horrendous noise been given such a massive price tag, :huh:

we must all remember, the cost of a record does not dictate whether it's either good or soulful!!!! :(

if Netty's back from work on time we'll most certainly be there to hear the Massey Massive (minus the tranells!!) :thumbsup:

think i'd best hide now :ohmy:

maybe not the tranells though pete, never before has such a horrendous noise been given such a massive price tag,

we must all remember, the cost of a record does not dictate whether it's either good or soulful!!!! :huh:

if Netty's back from work on time we'll most certainly be there to hear the Massey Massive (minus the tranells!!)

think i'd best hide now :thumbsup:

Well I like the Tranells Mick and I know Karen will be up dancing to it :ohmy: but hey thats the strange world of Northern Soul.

Hope to see you Friday mate :thumbsup:

All the best

Steve B

Well I like the Tranells Mick and I know Karen will be up dancing to it :thumbsup: but hey thats the strange world of Northern Soul.

Hope to see you Friday mate :thumbsup:

All the best

Steve B

steve, watching someone as graceful as your karen on the floor to the tranells might assist in irradicating some the awfullness of the tune and the horrendous headache it gives me, but it's still shyte.

I wish I could wax lyrical about "we all have different tastes and if we didn't it would be a boring world" etc. but that still don't take away from the souless shyteness of the tranells and some other tunes that cost an arm and a leg but are not worth a wet weekend in skegness! (THAT'S the strange world of 'Northern Soul') xx

steve, watching someone as graceful as your karen on the floor to the tranells might assist in irradicating some the awfullness of the tune and the horrendous headache it gives me, but it's still shyte.

I wish I could wax lyrical about "we all have different tastes and if we didn't it would be a boring world" etc. but that still don't take away from the souless shyteness of the tranells and some other tunes that cost an arm and a leg but are not worth a wet weekend in skegness! (THAT'S the strange world of 'Northern Soul') xx

I've heard a lot worse modern :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've heard a lot worse modern :thumbsup::(

:thumbsup::ohmy::huh::D

(the difference between a man with an open mind and a man with a closed mind is the man with an open mind knows what an open mind is and a man with a closed mind doesn't want to know) but you're right steve, there are just as many over-priced shyte modern records around as there are old ones

xx

Edited by coops

:thumbsup::thumbsup::ohmy::(

(the difference between a man with an open mind and a man with a closed mind is the man with an open mind knows what an open mind is and a man with a closed mind doesn't want to know) but you're right steve, there are just as many over-priced shyte modern records around as there are old ones

xx

Good job we've both got open minds then Coops :huh:

See you Friday ( hopefully )

Steve B

:ohmy: Hi Carl n Ian,

Definitely gonna be down for at least a couple of hours to let the young'en stretch his legs before Saturday.

Lookin forward to it as always

Scott n Elliot :thumbsup:

AUP SCOTT,IF ELLIOTT STRETCHES THOSE LITTLE LEGS ANYMORE,THEY,LL BE BEHIND HIS EARS,LOL,SEE YOU FRIDAY,KTF,CARL............:thumbsup:

Obviously writing in a large font and in bold,makes your opinion right? Lets not start listing shyte records Coops,we'll be here all day,and that's just the modern.

IMO very disrectful to Ted and his collection/collecting,after all ,he is the guest on the night.

The Trannels is part and parcel of the Northern niter scene,rare and sort after by many.

Unlike lots of the pressings played by some dj's.

Ted,by mentioning Rob Marriot on here gives no relevance to Trannels,as many reading this won't know either.:thumbsup:

Might well come all of 2 miles for this night,if only to hear Afternoon on the Rhino. :thumbsup:

Apologies to Carl for this,but some things have to be done.

Edited by KevH

Obviously writing in a large font and in bold,makes your opinion right? Lets not start listing shyte records Coops,we'll be here all day,and that's just the modern.

IMO very disrectful to Ted and his collection/collecting,after all ,he is the guest on the night.

The Trannels is part and parcel of the Northern niter scene,rare and sort after by many.

Unlike lots of the pressings played by some dj's.

Ted,by mentioning Rob Marriot on here gives no relevance to Trannels,as many reading this won't know either.:thumbsup:

Might well come all of 2 miles for this night,if only to hear Afternoon on the Rhino. :thumbsup:

Apologies to Carl for this,but some things have to be done.

large font, my choice, i have constantly heard nothing but excellent sets from Mr. Massey and i know he has a collection that is chock-full of expensive pieces that would make those who live their lives by OVO probably cream themselves, this isn't about Ted, this isn't about listing a load of shyte tunes, this is about the Tranells being one of those tunes that (in my opinion) is an awful tune and is not worth playing just because it's expensive. just because a record is rare and sought after by collectors don't make it either a good or soulful tune!

sorry if i upset your wednesday afternoon but maybe you shouldn't take too much heed as to what others are saying unless of course you paid an absolute fortune for the tranells and feel personally slighted, and if that's the case, i apologise.

Guest Northern PhanTom

Fook thats gonna put them off :huh: looking forward to it and as its me birthday i drink coke :thumbsup:

Enjoy your birthday Ted :thumbsup:

I'm sure you will get a warm welcome what ever you play. :ohmy:

Tom :(

large font, my choice, i have constantly heard nothing but excellent sets from Mr. Massey and i know he has a collection that is chock-full of expensive pieces that would make those who live their lives by OVO probably cream themselves, this isn't about Ted, this isn't about listing a load of shyte tunes, this is about the Tranells being one of those tunes that (in my opinion) is an awful tune and is not worth playing just because it's expensive. just because a record is rare and sought after by collectors don't make it either a good or soulful tune!

sorry if i upset your wednesday afternoon but maybe you shouldn't take too much heed as to what others are saying unless of course you paid an absolute fortune for the tranells and feel personally slighted, and if that's the case, i apologise.

Not upset my afternoon at all Coops.I like the banter.:thumbsup:

My stance is that you dont have to mention records owned by a dj,that you personally don't like.Maybe it would be a good thing for the folks who go to FTW to make up their own minds.Trannells may not get played now,punters loss?.Never mind hey,always the old standby's to keep everyone happy.

That's my copy back in its box.Like me.....:thumbsup:

Why did you feel the need to give everyone the benefit of your opinion of one particular record? this thread is about a soul night at forest town welfare

and I agree with Kev its highly disrepectful to Ted .Maybe I should pick over your playlists and tell everyone which records are absolute shite (in my opinion)

and shouldnt be seen on a turntable anywhere?

Oh and dont get the idea that you've spoiled my afternoon either

Apologies to Carl from me as well for side tracking the thread!

See ya Friday Ted, play the Tranells for me mate :thumbsup:

Not upset my afternoon at all Coops.I like the banter.:thumbsup:

My stance is that you dont have to mention records owned by a dj,that you personally don't like.Maybe it would be a good thing for the folks who go to FTW to make up their own minds.Trannells may not get played now,punters loss?.Never mind hey,always the old standby's to keep everyone happy.

That's my copy back in its box.Like me.....:thumbsup:

there are actually very few records on this 'scene' that i dislike, some i may feel are over-played therefore familiarity may cause contempt but i remind myself just how much i liked such records when i first heard them, i think there are probably about five that i actually dislike.

i have always followed the tennant that if someone plays one of those tunes i dislike and people dance to it then i am in the minority and i accept that and accept the playing of said tune.

Why did you feel the need to give everyone the benefit of your opinion of one particular record? this thread is about a soul night at forest town welfare

and I agree with Kev its highly disrepectful to Ted .Maybe I should pick over your playlists and tell everyone which records are absolute shite (in my opinion)

and shouldnt be seen on a turntable anywhere?

Oh and dont get the idea that you've spoiled my afternoon either

Apologies to Carl from me as well for side tracking the thread!

See ya Friday Ted, play the Tranells for me mate :lol:

now here's a thing, some may call it irony.

on my radio show last week not once but twice i mentioned that your event was the place to be that weekend because it would probably be the best event musically anywhere over the weekend, you had Cressy (who i feel is still the most under-rated dee-jay in the east mids), ted massey and the attic lads (only heard Mak but was well impressed with him @ the Central a couple of months ago), so please don't think you even have an inclination as to who i am or what my preferences, likes or dislikes are (other than Tranells).

do you guys alway hunt in packs?

do you guys really think that this 'northern soul' thing is so important that you HAVE TO BE RIGHT to the detrement of all others?

the other four on my 'dislike' list (although this list probably means as little to you Steve as your opinion does to me) are:

James Coit - Black Power

Muriel Day - Nine Times Out Of Ten (that's a personal one due to my guilt and involvement with helping Roger, who discovered it, to get it pushed and played)

Gary Lewis & The Playboys - My Heart's Symphony and

Tim Tam and the Turn Ons - Wait a minute.

BUT and here's the rub, other than in a light hearted way i would NOT expect any dee-jay to NOT play any of these simply because I don't like them just as i do NOT expect any dee-jay to play a tune simply because i DO like it, I do not value myself that high.

The original posts were, although based on a truthful dislike, just a bit of banter to help boost the thread and instill some interest (that certainly worked!!!!) but there's always someone wanting to come along and take these things to the obsessive limit, i guess that's life.

i don't apologise to carl for hijacking this thread because he's a friend and he will know all i am doing is defending myself from something that is really a load of pretentious shyte.

on my radio show last week not once but twice i mentioned that your event was the place to be that weekend because it would probably be the best event musically anywhere over the weekend, you had Cressy (who i feel is still the most under-rated dee-jay in the east mids), ted massey and the attic lads (only heard Mak but was well impressed with him @ the Central a couple of months ago), so please don't think you even have an inclination as to who i am or what my preferences, likes or dislikes are (other than Tranells).

do you guys really think that this 'northern soul' thing is so important that you HAVE TO BE RIGHT to the detrement of all others?

the other four on my 'dislike' list (although this list probably means as little to you Steve as your opinion does to me) are:

James Coit - Black Power

Muriel Day - Nine Times Out Of Ten (that's a personal one due to my guilt and involvement with helping Roger, who discovered it, to get it pushed and played)

BUT and here's the rub, other than in a light hearted way i would NOT expect any dee-jay to NOT play any of these simply because I don't like them just as i do NOT expect any dee-jay to play a tune simply because i DO like it, I do not value myself that high.

The original posts were, although based on a truthful dislike, just a bit of banter to help boost the thread and instill some interest (that certainly worked!!!!) but there's always someone wanting to come along and take these things to the obsessive limit, i guess that's life.

i don't apologise to carl for hijacking this thread because he's a friend and he will know all i am doing is defending myself from something that is really a load of pretentious shyte.

:lol: ,read your pm's Coops.

James Coit - Black Power

First of all I dont have an event so you couldnt have mentioned my event on your radio show.

Secondly when did i mention that I'm right about anything in my post? You can answer this point first if you'd care to.

Thirdly that the biggest over reaction to anything I've seen in a while.

First of all I dont have an event so you couldnt have mentioned my event on your radio show.

Secondly when did i mention that I'm right about anything in my post? You can answer this point first if you'd care to.

Thirdly that the biggest over reaction to anything I've seen in a while.

yes, of course, it wasn't your event, my mistake and i apologise, it was hosted by the attic team it was a Bentinck Backroom event.

no over reaction, just got nowt else to do this evening :lol:

Source Advert