New Record Shop Opening In Sheffeld

A couple of years after closing my old shop in Sheffield (Spin City) I have decided to open another called Vinyl Demand on Saturday 12th March.

Like Spin City it will stock lots of Northern Soul and other types of black music.

It is situated at the bottom of Rockingham Street in the City Centre opposite where the fire station used to be before it was demolished like most of Sheffield City Centre.

I hope to see all my old customers and new ones of course.

Having recently retired from my 9 to 5 drudgery I am looking forward to being in the shop although I will not be opening every day, though I will be open every Saturday.

Opening times will be relaxed although I am prepared to open specially for any visitors should they contact me in advance.

It's a relatively short-term venture as the shop is also on Sheffield Council's hit- list, no doubt to be replaced by a car park!

If you come in a car there's no problem parking as the shop is surrounded by car parks where buildings used to be.!!

It 's only half the size of Spin City and won't be as well -organised without Pauline but there should be plenty to browse through..

The phone number for any enquiries is 07597629901.

Andy

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 24
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thats fantastic news Andy.

Spent many a happy hour in your old shop & also picked up a few bargains along the way.

Not in Sheffield very much now since I moved to the Midlands but will be sure to call in the next time I'm up North.

Also on a wider scale it's great news to see a shop opening selling good old fashioned vinyl.

Good luck with it fella & be sure to say hi to Pauline for me.

Mart...

Social source share

Guest Barry Holland

Ey up Andy, all the best with the new shop. Like Martin said, spent many a happy hour in Spin City, as well as other shops in the market, talking you good self and Pauline. Hope to see you after setting up at the Kay Gee Bee, see you soon, Barry, KGB, KTF.

Social source share

Cunnie down south... Who would have thought it :yes: ...

He could come back with a midlands twang.. :ohmy:

Since he went down there he cocks his finger in the air whilst having a drink and started wearing a pimps hat :lol::lol:

and good look Andy with the new shop you just might get me in a shop again in Sheffield :lol:

Social source share

Will look to pop in sometime...

Cunnie down south... Who would have thought it :lol: ...

He could come back with a midlands twang.. :thumbsup:

Since he went down there he cocks his finger in the air whilst having a drink and started wearing a pimps hat :lol::lol:

and good look Andy with the new shop you just might get me in a shop again in Sheffield :D

In answer to you both just hit play hatsoff2.gif:yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czmZr4jwIAc

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Hi Andy, good news fella', spent many an enjoyable hour

going through the boxes in the old days, i'll be seeing you soon, say hi to Pauline.

Cheers Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Since he went down there he cocks his finger in the air whilst having a drink and started wearing a pimps hat :thumbsup::lol:

and good look Andy with the new shop you just might get me in a shop again in Sheffield :thumbup:

I have heard that he now gets out of the bath when he wants a wee as well .......

Malc

Social source share

Yes I forgot to mention that it is equi-distant from Devonshire Cat / Washington and Frog and Parrott!

Just got back from moving stock in and now realise that Spin City being twice as big means somethings just won't fit. It won't be the Nortern soul though.

I shall be sorting it out this weekend so if you want anything in particular send me a text and I'll bring it down.

One thing to note: the door in is cleverly concealed! I'll leave you all to work it out when you get there.

Just need to find out where I stored my shop record deck now!

Andy

Social source share

• 1 year later...

I thought I'd let everyone know that Vinyl Demand is still trading and has moved from Roockingham Street to 7 Charter Square which is next to the old Grosvenor Hotel for anyone familiar with Sheffield. It's only 1 minute's walk away from the old shop.

The larger premises will enable me to display far more Soul Stock, particularly Albums and 12" singles.

All soul fans welcome. of course.

Plenty of car parking nearby including a nice lay-by outside for quick visits!

Andy

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Andy how's the shop doing great to see an indipendant outlet in an atmosphere of record shop closure .I'm tempted to start one in Derby with my partner Paula , a sort of original retro cloth's some coffee and snack's and reggae , northern , soul originals and reissues also an info center for gig's and flyers and ticket purchases , books and fine cigars. pipe tabacco.s , pipes , and classic fag's like senior service , capstan full strenth and park drive ect.Good luck my freind best regards Simon.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert