Pete S

• Replies 10
  • Views 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

It's the right song (Three Dog Night) but I'm not certain that's where I know it from.

Ebony Keyes is a different song isn't it?

What about Young Rascals then as in the clip?

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

What about Young Rascals then as in the clip?

Definitely the original - the Rascals (or some of them) wrote it and it was first issued as the flip of their 1967 single 'I've Been Lonely Too Long'

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Oh yeah, and BTW it was also cut by Coxsone on the Clarendonians - who did it first, on the same backing track as the Gaylads, but whose version was not issued until it came out on CD about 10 years ago - and the Heptones, who did it on a much better lick of the rhythm about a year after the Gaylads.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Don't come here with your fancy lingo :ohmy:

that version - the backing track - is poor compared to this one, in my opinion only :yes:

Funny, I'd've thought it wouldn've been right up your street, mate...

I'll send you a burn of the Clarendonians cut when I can remember where I've filed the CD that it comes from!

Social source share

Funny, I'd've thought it wouldn've been right up your street, mate...

I'll send you a burn of the Clarendonians cut when I can remember where I've filed the CD that it comes from!

It's a bit, I dunno, harsher sounding than this one, I really don't like much Studio One after 1968, all that stuff that came out on Bamboo, Ackee, Banana, probably about 6 decent sides in the whole catalogue!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!