Club Caliente - Peterborough

Another cracking night was had by all that attended 'Club Caliente' last night.

Thanks to all that came and heard superb sets from our main guests Steve Jay and Carl Fortnum. Early spot from Mick BB also pulled out some forgotten gems mixed with some quality Oldies.

Hopefully we will get a couple of posts up here on 'Soul-Source' to back up the above!

Good to see Kev Draper, Toby, Michele, Gibber John & Wendy to name but a few - thanks, your support is much appreciated.

A few photos to follow.

Thanks, Ray

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest gibber

A truly across the board soul night with great company ..

It did feel west side story at times with modern /Crossover peeps one side & the classic oldies the other side . The underplayed ,the unknown the Latin and the R&B got peoples attention but lacked the dance floor action..

Russ , Ray & Mickey bb got things brewing nicely with quality ovo .( I would have put warmed up but I was cold at the time .lol )

Carl got both factions up with a great set . Kicking off with Eddie parker , Lester Tipton , just bros .We got sounds from Stafford , the Dome and modern side of things ,plus a new Don Gardner mix ( got to be there, moment ) .

Steve jay finished the night with a sublime set . I just love the stuff he plays , if I did a cd for a car it would b a recording of this set .

Keep it up lads , got Mandy smiling again , sully , Karen b, Carol, Teresa , Michele , sue , stu , tom ,steph and me on the dance floor all at the same time.

Had a great night

Good to catch up .

C u soon .

gibber

Edited by gibber

me playlist over the night, as always didnt get to play what i was gonna

bobby star - together - ua w/d (request for tom)

the belles - dont pretend - mirwood

rose st john - mend my broken heart - ua w/d

gerri hall - who can i run to - hot line

chris morgan - who am i - bell promo

rotations - trying to make you my own - mala promo

tony middleton - paris blues - mala

the spidells - pushed out of the picture - coral promo

david & ruben - i love her so much - wbs w/d

the captions - hit it - millage

mel williams - sookie - tasty hasty

intentions - im losing your love - up tight

delegates of soul - keep running back - uplook

benny spellman - this for you my love - alon

gladys tyler - a little bitty girl - decca promo

joe bataan - gypsy woman - fania w/d

larry harlow - mess around - fania

joe bataan - specail girl - fania

the caesars - girl i miss you - lanie

kurt harris - emperor of my babys heart - diamond

the sharpets - lost in a world of a dream - sound city

jock mitchell - not a chance in a million - impact w/d

ronnie & robyn - as long as you love me - sidra(red)

the volumes - that same old feeling - impact w/d

think thats it a few made the decks, ill save them for the 8th april

russ

Edited by russoul1
Guest Northern PhanTom

Another fantastic night @ Club "C" :thumbsup:

Great Peeps :thumbsup:

Great Tunes :thumbsup:

Great Food :thumbsup:

As Russ has said, he and Ray are so lucky to have Messrs Fortnum & Jackson as regular guest DJ's, I totally agree, :yes: without taking anything away from Russ & Rays DJing talents and also Mick on the night, :no: The combination really offers a true atb event :D

Also the batting order, in my opinion is spot on and the genre's of soul flow silky smooth through the night. :thumbsup:

Didn't notice any west side story myself!! :huh:

My only downside, :( was having tucked into a massive plate of delicious fish and chips just after our arrival, :ohmy: my dancing was reduced to a canter for the evening. :lol:

Keep up the good work guys. :)

Tom & Therese wink.gif

Guest steve jay

Had a great night , in the company of some great people,it stayed busy on the dancefloor right til the end :lol: so thanks everyone, and a very special thankyou from Theresa for the bithday card and gifts :hatsoff2::lol: ,looking forward to next time!!

steve

it was a great evening , good music and great company with other fellow soulies

looking forward to the next one

Does anyone have a contact details for the bloke called Mick who was speaking to me and Mick Beeby at the bar most of the night, as i have a few tapes and cds for him , if not will bring them next time anyway

keep it up folks

Guest Catfish

A truly across the board soul night with great company ..

It did feel west side story at times with modern /Crossover peeps one side & the classic oldies the other side . The underplayed ,the unknown the Latin and the R&B got peoples attention but lacked the dance floor action..

Russ , Ray & Mickey bb got things brewing nicely with quality ovo .( I would have put warmed up but I was cold at the time .lol )

Carl got both factions up with a great set . Kicking off with Eddie parker , Lester Tipton , just bros .We got sounds from Stafford , the Dome and modern side of things ,plus a new Don Gardner mix ( got to be there, moment ) .

Steve jay finished the night with a sublime set . I just love the stuff he plays , if I did a cd for a car it would b a recording of this set .

Keep it up lads , got Mandy smiling again , sully , Karen b, Carol, Teresa , Michele , sue , stu , tom ,steph and me on the dance floor all at the same time.

Had a great night

Good to catch up .

C u soon .

gibber

Top post Andy, yes there are not many local dos where you get that sort of variety & quality, I mean good taste.. glad to be back, will make sure I don't leave it so long next time.

Cheers

Michele