Swinton Vic Soul Night

hatsoff2.gifWell what can i say about last nite , apart from a big thankyou to all that attended and the owner for the re-furb as it looks fantastic, once again a full house.

Betty Bump Karen started the nite with her usual superb spot getting folk in the mood to dance, brilliant karen.

Next up was Elliott from the Grovenor Rooms, his first ever spot and wow , this young man is 8 year old and played an awsome set which got the floor buzzing and showed such confidance on the mic, he wowed everyone with his choice of music and his dancing so well done , whatch this young man in the future.

Next up Mick Jordon who kept the theme and floor rocking, superb sound system from mick and a cracking set , thanks.

Next barnsley,s finest Yocky, never fails to fill the floor with banter on the mic and some lovely tunes as always, and to top that he then got elliott back up to double deck with him which went down a treat , thanks Yocky brilliant.

To finish the nite myself and El Nel had to follow some superb sets , we did our best and the floor was full from the start of the nite to the end.

Team tarn in full attendance and a special thankyou to Angie and Karen for their hard work on the door , much appreciated and cheers.

Thanks for all you best wishes after my op , and for looking out for me last nite.

Finally on behalf of me and Nel thankyou for supporting us and making this place a success

regards and best wishes Mickey2Dinners KTFthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by mickey2dinners
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Grov1

Mickey n nel :thumbsup:

Thanks alot for a great night and for giving the young'un his first set and to top that a big thanks to yocky for getting him up to double deck. :thumbsup:

Ell loved the whole night the dancin the dj'in

the other DJ's sets and the venue. Nice new

floor and very cheap bar( much to mads

delight ). Thanks for the chance to be part of

the night.

Elliot hopes everyone enjoyed his set and the

floor was certainly buzzin.

KTF always

Scott Madeline n Elliot :lol:

thumbsup.giftell elliot he was brilliant and folk loved his spot and his dancing, had lots of messages saying the same, glad mad enjoyed the bar, great company with lovely people, all the dj,s were awsome and really enjoyed it, mick came up and said what a fantastic nite , to see folk playing music what people love and having a dance floor full like we had was outsatnding.

Nel rang this morn and still buzzing like me , cant thank everyone enough for making it such a good nite.

regards mickey

Guest hurryup

Thanks to all concerned for a brilliant evening, I personally thought it was awesome :hatsoff2: and yes the dance floor was full all night :thumbsup: and what a floor, it's fantastic (didn't need any talc by the way) :thumbsup:

Well done.

Guest BrandySistaShirl

great nite....

great music....

floor..........:hatsoff2::thumbsup:

well done to al d.js some gret sounds.

young elliot....:thumbsup::ohmy::lol: .

well done nel n mick.

angie n karen did a great job on the door.:lol: :lol: .x

thumbsup.gifcheers shirl, the alterations to the place made a big difference, and dj,s , team tarn and all mi mates helped make it a good night, certainly didnt expect us to have 3 nights like we have had with a full house , its so nice to here folk say they enjoyed themselves , makes it worth while,

regards mickey

Guest slipdisc

what a brill night, i think this is going to be a great venue, the last time we had nights like this was at the civic years ago when john green used to do a night.

Little Eliotte, what a star, Is he on youtube yet.

I can walk it to theVic in 30 mins to and 2hours back.

Thanks to everybody involved

Ps. have we stopped every body walking in off the str eet not paying,just to have a look at what we soulies get upto.

thumbsup.gifthanks for comments

Not sure if elliot is on youtube yet and agree he is a star for the future, and to answer question about door , yes we have 2 wonderful friends who controlled the door which was a success , booking some awsome dj,s for the future.

I guess we will always get people coming in to see what its about, but the folk who came in saturday really enjoyed themsleves and showed respect to others which was great.

Myself and Nel are so pleased it as gone so well and people are enjoying what we are trying to do.

Regards and best wishes Mickey2Dinners & El Nel

Edited by mickey2dinners
Guest HALIFAXFREESOUL

Hiya Mickey

This sounds Brill! Can you please let me know when the next dates are. If you fancy a guest DJ from the west riding give us a shout - Also you are welcome at ours still Mickey. _ Anyone any information on Elliot as wed love to see him dance and play at HFSC????

Hi and thanks , first saturday of every month , and i will speak to Nel to see what dates are available, young elliot is from sutton in ashfield, his parents are on here as GROV 1, they are landlord and landlady of the Grovenor Rooms in Sutton, he is only 8 and what a dancer, he also played a great spot which was his first , as soon as im back on my feet proper will come over again .

regards mickey

Source Advert