A Celebration Of Soul 03/09/11 - Ted Massey, John Weston & More

Its back, after taking a break last year the annual Charity Bash in aid of "The North Bedfordshire Motor Neurone Disease Association" will back on Saturday 3rd September, bigger and better than ever.

I have secured a great venue in Bedford, Esquires. The venue has a really good underground vibe about it, holds about 120 easily and suited to a Soul Night and only 10 mins walk from Bedford Railway station for the travellers. It wont be a true Alldayer, but the plan is to start at around 5pm and will finish at 2am. £8 entry, with all monies going to the charity as all the DJs will be giving their time free of charge, there is a minimal charge to cover the bar staff but the venue are donating the room and use of sound system free of charge.

I will be working out the details, DJs etc over the next few weeks and will keep you all posted by email, Soul Source and the Calendar Girl group page on face book.

Thanks

QoF xx

Edited by chrissie

It's all coming together.

Confirmed DJ Line Up:-

Woody,

Mrs Soul

Bearsy

Rbman

Chrissie

Geoff Green

Mak

Kev Draper

Steve Clark

John Weston

Steve Guarnori

Ted Massey

I am really excited about the venue, it's fandabulous :yes:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
  • 1 month later...

post-2137-0-79112700-1303902448_thumb.jp

I have been down to seal the deal on the venue today and unfortunately I will need to raise the price of entry to £8 so as to cover costs and ensure the charity receive the full benefit of the event. I have raised it to £8 but thats less than £1 an hour for 9 hours of cracking soul. Well I'm off on my jolly hollies next week and as soon as I get back i will get down to the nitty gritty of confirming DJs and the details. QoFxxx

Edited by chrissie
  • 2 weeks later...

we are going to be working on a new routine for this years birthday bash, i shall be wearing 1 plaster cast less and Lou will be wearing high heels, stockings, suspenders basque and a tiara :D always a great day and for a very worthy cause indeed :yes:

:hatsoff2:

I will if you will wicked.gif

The Gordonettes will be appearing live on stage between 6.30pm - 7.30pm, with basques, stocking & tiarras :yes: and minus the plaster cast huh.gif apparently :D

I do hope it's not bearsy in the stockings and basque :hatsoff2:

post-2137-0-70309000-1305489585_thumb.jp

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
  • 1 month later...

Thought I would put the DJ times up nice and early so everyone knows what time they are on, so no excuses folks.

Unfortunately Steve G has another booking that night so he will be on in the early evening. Steve has supported every one of these events and really wants to support this again so thanks Steve for offerring to do a set before you have to head oooop norf.

5.00 - 5.30 Geoff Green

5.30 - 6.30 Steve Guarnori

6.30 - 7.00 MAK

7.00 - 8.00 Bearsy & Mrs Soul

8.00 - 8.30 Kev Draper

8.30 - 9.00 RBman

9.00 - 9.30 Kev Collins

9.30 - 10.30 Chrissie

10.30 - 11.30 John Weston

11.30 - 12.30 Ted Massey

12.30 - 2.00am Woody & Steve Clarke

Tickets are now on sale. The venue capacity is approximately 120 and tickets and 1/4 already sold with nearly 3 months to go. Please contact me by PM or email (queenoffools@hotmail.co.uk). Tickets are also available via pay pal at no extra charge. Paypal ckemp@mmm.com subject Celebration Of Soul.

DJs can you let me know in advance how many people will be coming with you so tickets can be reserved and paid for on the night or in advance.

Thanks

Chrissie

Edited by chrissie
  • 1 month later...

A change to the DJ Line up...........unfortunatley, due to circumstance I totally understand, Pete and Kris Tebutt will not be able to make it. The Tebutt family have supported us for the last 3 years and will be missed but I am sure they will be back in the future and have pledged a donation to the event.

Replacing Kris and Pete will be John Weston.

QoFxx

West mids in force for this one lou and woody and me and weston will we survive the night lol

Ted we have to sort out car situation as me and woody will stop over if we can have a think and let us know sat :thumbsup:

the thought of you and weston sharing send a shiver down my spine :ohmy:

A few people have asked me about Hotels/B&Bs etc.

• There are 2 Travel Lodges and a Premier Inn Bedford - prob £5 in a taxi from venue
  • The Park Inn - Walking distance, though may be a little busy as they have "Skank In The Park" on that night
  • The Shakespeare, - Walking Distance
  • The De Pary's - Walking Distance
  • Also there is another small hotel in Shakespeare Avenue called the Railway, don't no much about it. - Walking Distance
  • The Grafton - not really reomended, cos althou also walking distance, its a great irish pub to go for the beer the music and the craic, I am not very sure about the accomodation
  • Bedford Park Guest House - Walking Distance
  • The Castle Inn, which is a great little pub in walking distance has a double availablle @£50 and a family room which will sleep 4 adults, double and bunks @£65 if you want to find a few people to share with. Tel 01234 353295
  • Elms Guest House whichas rooms at £29 looks basic but ok tel 01234 353844

There are also a couple of more expensive places i.e. the Swan Hotel & The Embankment Hotel, both recommended and in walking distance.

QoFxx

Guest Pete Bennett

Now then missus Of-Fools, Liz and I will definitely be there. Am I correct in thinking you will be putting our tickets on the door or will you need to send them to me?

We haven't been out to a do for ages. Really looking forward to catching up with everyone and in particular the West Midlands gang with their supreme commander Mrs Soul.

Where are most folks staying?

Now then missus Of-Fools, Liz and I will definitely be there. Am I correct in thinking you will be putting our tickets on the door or will you need to send them to me?

We haven't been out to a do for ages. Really looking forward to catching up with everyone and in particular the West Midlands gang with their supreme commander Mrs Soul.

Will be great to see you both. Tickets will be on the door. Not sure where everyone staying, a little scattered I think.

QoFxx

well someone's gotta keep those yam yams under control :hatsoff2:

we aint booked in anywhere yet cos I dont know outa all of us whos staying well me and woody are, but as for the other reprobates, they aint made there mind up yet :g:

Just wanna answer a couple of questions people have asked. I am on at 5 30 cos I got to go up to Preston to DJ there, not cos I don't want to stay at the Bedford do. If I wasn't boked at Preston I'd be staying all evening. :thumbsup:

One of the "Mores"

Edited by Steve G
  • Helpful 1

Just wanna answer a couple of questions people have asked. I am on at 5 30 cos I got to go up to Preston to DJ there, not cos I don't want to stay at the Bedford do. If I wasn't boked at Preston I'd be staying all evening. :thumbsup: One of the "Mores"

Steve

There was never any doubt in my mind and if people read post 15 of this thread, form the 17 June, they could read for themsleves :D . You have always supported this event and I am sure you will be back for a later set next year. Thanks for all your support :thumbup:

Chrissie

Edited by chrissie

Apparently, not too sure but I think this forum is closing tomorrow so the thread may not be here. I have started one in the new events section but not sure if I have done it right. Will wait to hear from Mike later on and see if we can link this to the new one.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Guest Pete Bennett

It is getting sooooo exciting that I don't know where to look on SS anymore. I am getting quite giddy!! :rofl:

post-2322-0-80460700-1314689545_thumb.jp

And the weather forecast is for 23 degrees and sunny. So Chrissie, which beer garden for pre-drinks?

It is getting sooooo exciting that I don't know where to look on SS anymore. I am getting quite giddy!! :rofl:post-2322-0-80460700-1314689545_thumb.jp And the weather forecast is for 23 degrees and sunny. So Chrissie, which beer garden for pre-drinks?

I will have to be down at the Venue by about 4 at the latest but may I suggest the Welli, about a ten min walk from Venue.

QoFxx

Guest Pete Bennett

I will have to be down at the Venue by about 4 at the latest but may I suggest the Welli, about a ten min walk from Venue.

QoFxx

Does the sun shine on that garden? I have only been there with a smoke haze rising above it!! :g:

There is the Bedford Arms which is on Bromham road and nearer the venue not a busy pub, never many in it when I have been passed but think beer is ok and has a huge beer garden. The Blarney Stone which is even nearer, think the name of it speaks for the type of pub, its ok if you not looking for anywhere fancy and don't mind taking the rough with the smooth so to speak. :wink:

QoFxx