Eddy's Opening Night! - A Packer

Guest Bellyfullosoul

Guest Bellyfullosoul

Billy Backdrop, Big Ray T and myself would like to say an enormous THANK YOU from the very bottom of our hearts to all who attended last nights opening night.:thumbsup: We felt sure that there would be a few soulies locally to support our humble venture but we never expected the fantastic response we got, just amazing! :lol:

Doors opened at 7.30 to just 2 punters - DOH! :ohmy: We started to get nervous but by 8pm a steady trickle turned into a flood, by the time Ted Massey took the decks we were heaving.:lol: The proprieters said they had not seen anything like it and had to put 2 extra staff on the bar! Cheers! The dance floor soon filled and stayed that way all night. I can't begin to describe how good it makes you feel to be a part in creating so much togetherness, happiness and good times - just the way they should be! :lol:

We seemed to have so many really great dancers that soon set the camera's popping as they entertained the crowd. Looking around it was hard to find anyone that didn't make the very best of the purpose built dance floor. Keep the good times coming folks! :lol:

I will publish the photo's that we manged to get so please take a look and if you could send anymore I will add them to the album.

Well the night just flew by and it was clear that everyone wanted to stay and keep dancing. What do you do? We sent for our very own superman - Billy Backdrop. Just after Big Ray played the last record "Eddy is my name" Billy took the mike, thanking every one for coming he played one last record, a blast from the past, little known Jackie Wilson number (so Billy say's - yeah right!) It turned out to be a slow crooner called "By the light of a silvery moon!" You just had to be there, everyone was laughing and waving their arms in the air. :lol: Pure magic from one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. :yes: A perfect ending to a perfect night. :yes:

Special thanks for respecting the community and leaving quietly. :lol:

We waited a while until most had gone and started taking the equipment to the car. Why does it always take ages to put up and seems like seconds to put away? :lol:

It was over. We all felt a really warm feeling inside going home and even warmer today looking back! :lol:

Big Big thanks to everyone for your support but especially to Mad Mandy who was our first ever dancer on the floor! The chip fat, after show rub down is all yours!:thumbsup:

Love and togetherness

Cap'n Chaos

Keeping the Faith :hatsoff2:

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soul over easy

i had a fantastic night was well impressed with the room and dance floor ! excellant turn out of soulies making it a cracking atmosphere .... well done to everybody involved ... ktf tommo.

Guest RICTIC
:thumbsup: aup you three, a stonkin nite of northern soul , ted was on top form bangin out top notch tunes keepin the dance floor full , see you at the next one ktf rictic :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Guest soulgirl65

:thumbup: Congratulations you three on a fantastic night !!!!! Wonderful venue, excellent dancefloor and top djs, who could ask for more ? Will be seeing you next month ktf :thumbup:

Guest rayskim

:thumbsup: Congratulations you three on a fantastic night !!!!! Wonderful venue, excellent dancefloor and top djs, who could ask for more ? Will be seeing you next month ktf :thumbsup:

Ditto to that, Great Night.

yep,a fantastic openning night,:thumbsup: ,personally i expected it ,its a great venue the music was spot on,everyone was relaxed and just sapped up what was on offer which was fantastic,well done promoters,those who could,nt make it,try next month,another great soul venue on the map,ktf guys,carl...................:thumbsup:

Well done you three total respect to you all and sorry I couldn't be with you on your opening night, as you know I was at another venue doing stuff for charity. Any way we will defiantly be coming to your next one so good luck and keep up the good work.

Dennis"n"Ann

Guest pit bloke

HAVE TO ECHO ALL THE POST ALREADY MADE , FIRST NIGHT OUT FOR 4 MONTHS DUE TO ILL HEALTH AND WORK AND WHAT A CRACKING NIGHT TO CHOOSE, STANDING ROOM ONLY FROM 9 OCLOCK, DANCE FLOOR FULL ALL NIGHT THANKS TO THE 4 DJS, CHEAP BAR PRICES AND LOCAL, NO WONDER WE LEFT WITH A SMILE ON OUR FACES. HATS OFF :D TO 3 OF THE BEST BLOKES OUT THERE.

Guest Bellyfullosoul

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it rictic! Next month should be even better with more people committing to come and big name Sean Chapman see you there

Chaos

Yay I won the chip fat rub down LOL!!:yes:

just back from fuerteventura

gotta say I was most disgusted I had to leave when things were hotting up but when you gotta catch a plane it wont wait

Looking foward to a regular night again close to home

Well Done Gang

Mand :thumbsup:

Source Advert